How is the pet policy working out at the hotels?

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

But. Is Epcot a resort?

Here is disney’s page that addresses animals. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

All it talks about are service animals. “At Walt Disney World theme parks and Resort hotels, a service animal is defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability.“

And that’s the legal definition of a service animal.

That page doesn’t discuss emotional support animals at all.

Except for on their ridiculous Disney mom’s panel, which I think we all know is bogus more often than not.

From adata dot org...
“While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. ”

If Disney, in their usual manner of being afraid of confrontation, is allowing ESAs in the parks despite no mention of them on their site, that’s their prerogative.

But without them being a service dog or miniature horse, there’s no reason to expect they’ll be allowed in the resorts, which is what this thread was about.

Nothing preventing someone from slapping a service vest recently purchased from eBay or Amazon on their emotional support dog and calling it a service dog though. I bet it happens all the time.

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

But. Is Epcot a resort?

Here is disney’s page that addresses animals. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/service-animals/

All it talks about are service animals. “At Walt Disney World theme parks and Resort hotels, a service animal is defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability.“

And that’s the legal definition of a service animal.

That page doesn’t discuss emotional support animals at all.

Except for on their ridiculous Disney mom’s panel, which I think we all know is bogus more often than not.

From adata dot org...
“While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. ”

If Disney, in their usual manner of being afraid of confrontation, is allowing ESAs in the parks despite no mention of them on their site, that’s their prerogative.

But without them being a service dog or miniature horse, there’s no reason to expect they’ll be allowed in the resorts, which is what this thread was about.
Yes, the story was about the resorts, but I doubt they're any better at policing and enforcing policy at resorts than they are at the parks. Probably worse since there's no bag check at the resorts and you can check in online. You said it yourself. Disney is afraid of confrontation.

Yes, the story was about the resorts, but I doubt they're any better at policing and enforcing policy at resorts as they are in the parks. Probably worse since there's no bag check at the resorts and you can check in online.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/service-monkey-at-epcot.3572750/

Guys, we're not doing the that-service-dog-I-saw-wasn't-really-a-service-dog thing here. It's the same as the that-person-I-saw-on-a-scooter-didn't-really-need-it thing. It's pointless and it leads to arguments. If you don't like the way Disney handles support animals, express your opinion to Disney: WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter