How late do ADR's run?

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
We have all of our ADR's made for our trip 8/13-8/19. Here's my question, for example if we have a 5:00 ADR at LeCellier, what time do you think we'll be seated? We're there during free dining, will it be slower than normal?

My DH is an insulin dependent diabetic and he needs to eat within 1 hr from taking his insulin. We're trying to figure out the best way for him to handle his insulin injections.

TIA!

You are supposed to be seated within 15 minutes of your ADR time. You are requested to arrive at the restaurant 10-15 minutes before the time. For instance, if you have a 6:00 ADR, you are requested to arrive by 5:50. You are supposed to be seated no later than 6:15.

Just a thought--the onset of action of insulin is about 45 minutes after injection with the peak effect being 4-8 hours after injection depending on the type of insulin used. Would it work for you to arrive at the podium 15 minutes early (as requested), and ask the CM about how long you can expect to wait? If seating was basically on time (by 15 minutes after ADRs), DH could excuse himself to the restroom and inject the insulin. It is usually only a few minutes after being seated until the server approaches, and 5 minutes later you have given your order...5 minutes later your appetizer arrives. Thus, you should have your first food no later than 15 minutes after being seated.

I realize the need for refrigeration--I carry an insulated bag as a purse at WDW. Could something like this be used for a single dose? How about the bags made with cold packs designed to carry pumped breast milk (these used to be given out free in OB units at hospitals...)

You can never guarantee when you will be seated, but a simple word to the CM at the podium should get you in as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter