How long do character meals really take?

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
I have the following character meal's planned & am wondering how long they take:

Crystal Palace Dinner (5:50 ps but want to watch Wishes at 8pm so want to be sure to be out to get a good spot)

Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast 9:35 ps

Princess Storybook Breakfast 10:20 ps (I planned this to be as late as possible so it can kind of be considered "brunch")

Chef Mickey's Dinner 5:40 ps

Just want to try to plan my days around these times but I have no clue how much time to allow for the meals!

Thanks for all the great advice I get on these boards!!
Erin :hyper:

I would say to be safe to at least plan for 90 minutes. That being said, I think 70 minutes might be closer to the actual time. We've never felt rushed at all when we've eaten anywhere at Disney, so I think that you can pretty much set your own pace.

RyMickey

I agree, plan on 90 minutes, as the actual meals usually take around 60 or so minutes for all the characters to make it around. I've waited up to 45 minutes at Crystal Palace WITH a PS and up to 30 minutes at Chef Mickey's, and up to 45 minutes at Cindy's. Even though you have a PS, that doesn't mean you'll be seated immediately, just at the next available table for your party size. There might be other families in front of you, so sometimes this can lead to a lengthy wait, even with PS's. That is why I say 90 minutes is a good number to go with. Most likely you'll be out of there by then. Sometimes you might have just missed a character and if they go for break before getting back to you, that could easily be an hour or slightly longer.

I agree--plan on 60 minutes when you get to your table. It seems to take that long for all the characters to circulate. You will probably have to wait 10 - 20 minutes to get seated with a PS. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter