How long was your longest solo trip and how was it? (Thinking about a month-long trip)

voleball

Mouseketeer
Has anyone visited Disney World for a month or more?

My kids will leave home soon so I started to think what I can give myself as a reward for reaching that big milestone. The last several visits to Disney parks were focused on kids and other family members so there were a lot of things I wanted to do but didn't. So maybe it's time to just go, take time and do all the things "I" want to do (and escape from the cold weather at home). I know it's going to be a very expensive solo trip, but once in a lifetime kind of a thing, I guess.

What was your longest solo trip and was it long enough or too long? Please share your experiences!

Last edited:
My last trip was pre pandemic and it was 16 days - so not a whole month, but I wish it could have been!

I found the nice thing was I didn’t rush anything. I slept in, had leisurely breakfasts, went for walks, went to the spa and did fun things at the resort because I wasn’t worrying about cramming the activities in. I watercolour sketched in the parks. I read a book by the pool and snacked - it was awesome. If lines were long, I skipped them and came back later. If I wasn’t feeling like going when I had planned to leave, I didn’t. I feel like having a month, you’d have even more of that flexibility. If you want some down time and relaxing time and are ok with slowing down and just taking it in, I’d say you’ll have a great time.

While my longest solo trip was only 6 days, I did have about 30 days solo from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020. I can’t remember if it was 6 or 7 trips. I will say this, I definitely enjoyed doing what I wanted, when I wanted, and I loved picking and choosing what I felt like vs. the stress of getting it all done since I knew I would be back in several weeks. So even though all those trips meant plane flights, deciding on ground transportation and where to stay, it felt relaxing and low key.

Going into my last trip in early Feb 2020, I knew it was going to be my last trip for a while because I wasn’t renewing my AP (unexpectedly a really great decision on my part!) but I was good with that decision because I was Disney full. I’d had my fill of Disney for the time being because I’d done everything I’d wanted. I had become bored with some of it and you know, I was good with and knew that meant I’d had enough time.

I also glad it was over the course of a year, and not all at once. Besides the train at MK, no ride was under refurbishment the whole year. I loved watching the changes in construction patterns. When ROTR first opened, I didn’t managed to get on it that first trip after it opened. I went to both MK parties. I also got to spread out the missed time at work and the expenses, so I never felt like it took too big of a toll on my normal life.

Now that I can work remotely some times during the year, I’ve debated about doing a short term rental and spending just 2-3 months in FL and throwing 3-4 weeks of vacation in there so I can visit the parks a ton. Right now with no AP sales though, it’s not something I could do realistically so it’s just a back burner idea.

All that said, I personally can see myself doing 2 weeks at once, but for me, 30 days at once would be too long. I like the different seasons in the parks so I’d rather split the time. Plus, I do have a partner and I’d miss him if it was too long!

Wow, that's a long trip.
My longest was 3 days and I was lonely once I got back to the room. Nice to walk around and do what I want but the evening seemed lonely. This is just me (even though I'm very outgoing) and SO many others love solo trips a really lot. I admire those travelers that do solo trips all the time, many overseas. I know it's not for me, however. I've been married a really long time so I'm used to not being alone.

If you go, I hope you have a wonderful time.

I did a 26 night solo trip this year that was split between Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Universal. It was amazing having so much time
That sounds like a lot of fun! How many days did you spend at each resort?

Wow, that is awesome! Do you still go to parks regularly?
I bought a Pixie Annual Pass so it covers my parking and I go 4-5 days a week and I go to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon on weekends. It's been a blast and I can take my time at the parks. It truly feels different when you don't have FOMO. Staying long-term off-site may not be ideal for a vacation but you can always look at a month long Air B&B thats much more affordable than a hotel and travel to and from the parks wouldn't be an issue especially if you can drive to Orlando.

That would be incredible! You wouldn't feel rushed to do anything, you could eat anywhere you wanted probably. I could only afford a 5 night stay coming up in November. I'm taking the approach that I'll be back again someday (not another 12 years between again) but still trying to get a lot of stuff in.

Yeah I flew from Australia so I wanted to spend a while after flying so far haha
I can barely afford 5 nights at WDW so anything more than that seems incredible to me. Luckily right now I have a lot of PTO saved up but only about 21 days. Long trips just seem to out of reach for a lot of us in the states. It would be a dream though.

My longest trip was also a solo trip. It was 10 days, and I think I could have gone a full two weeks, but it was otherwise a perfect amount of time. I was able to do a day at Universal without sacrificing any time at Disney. Worked out pretty well.

I now have a dog, so I don't think I'll ever plan any trip that's longer than 10-14 days. I heard somewhere that once you have a pet, you'll never 100% enjoy a vacation ever again, and I've found that to be true for me. I wouldn't trade my little guy for anything, but he does make leaving him behind really, really hard.

Treated as your winter condo/second home. You can be a snowbird :)

No need to rush to get anywhere. Take your time. Choose a different resort each day to have a meal. Alternate parks, Boardwalk area, DS - maybe do a few things outside of Disney - shopping/museums/parks. Catch a movie. Will you be renting a house/condo/WDW property?

What would you be doing home? Are you very active at home/doing things out daily? If you don't have a partner at home - not much difference in any other place you spend time in. Any local friends/family? You don't need to be out doing something each day - just relax.

You won't know until you try - I would give it a shot. Once you get that first trip in, you will know if it's too much or not enough :)

Would love to hear all about it if and when you do go.

Four days was the longest for a solo trip. It did get lonely on the fourth day and I was ready to go back home lol. So I think three days solo at Disney World is the perfect length.

My longest is 10 days.
Hopefully doing 12 in September, but I'd do 20 days I think.
It's so nice to have a relaxed Disney World trip and a long stay allows that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter