How long was your longest solo trip and how was it? (Thinking about a month-long trip)

My longest solo trip to WDW to date was 7 nights, which I felt hit the sweet spot in terms of being long enough that I didn't feel rushed, but short enough that I didn't get bored of anything. My longest solo trip in general was 14 nights and I discovered that I start getting lonely around the twelve day mark. I'm an introvert and really enjoy my alone time, but it does wear on me to not have a "real" conversation with a friend for that long.

That was a trip to Disneyland Paris followed by London, and I actually ran into a fellow American in London who was doing a full month there--she was three weeks in and clearly desperate for someone to talk to, and it sounded like she was looking forward to heading home. Between my personal experience and hearing from her, I think two weeks is about as long as I'd schedule for a trip all in one go. If you want to do a full month and you're concerned about whether it would be too long, maybe you could do four trips of one week each spread throughout the year, or pick two times to go and do two weeks each time?

The longest solo I've done was a 9 day trip, split between Universal and WDW. 2 nights at Sapphire Falls, 2 at Portofino Bay, and 4 at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was a Universal AP holder, so I did those parks each day, 1 night at Halloween Horror Nights, and one day at each park in Disney. I feel like that was enough time for Universal, but I could've easily spent a few more days at Disney. Any more than that, and I think I may need to rent a car and start venturing off property.

I'm going to spend 1 month in Orlando this September, solo. I usually do 2 weeks, 11 nights Disney and 3 days UO. This time I'll do 15 nights at WDW and 2 weeks in a timeshare near Universal, with an AP and a Rush of Fear pass with Express, working remotely during the day and HHN every night it's held.
Not sure if it's too much 😄

This will probably sound crazy but I'm doing a solo run to Orlando for 32 days (late Aug to the end of September.)

1st week: Sheraton Vistana Village (2brd) timeshare.
1 filler day at a hotel.
2nd week: Marriott Grande Vista (2brd) timeshare.
3 nights OKW (studio)
14 nights The Polynesian Lake View. (I LIKE the sound of the ferry boat horns!)

During week 2 I also have 1 night booked at the Royal Pacific.

The plan: Lots of chill and relax. During week 2 I'll be doing at least 2 days at Universal and most likely 5 visits. I got Undercover Tourist promo tickets -- buy 2 days get 3 bonus days. (Park hop option.)

Disney: Fully open plan here. (Annual pass) - The only thing in stone is Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios. This is (call me crazy!) a total 'wing it' visit. No ADR's set or anything else. I'll have plenty of time to people watch and smell the roses.

I've retired, so why not? :)

- This wouldn't have been possible without AP, DVC, and crazy cheap cash deals for the non Disney timeshare stays. The 2 bedrooms were overkill but at the price, what the heck? I'll have plenty of room to spread out in.

This will probably sound crazy but I'm doing a solo run to Orlando for 32 days (late Aug to the end of September.)

1st week: Sheraton Vistana Village (2brd) timeshare.
1 filler day at a hotel.
2nd week: Marriott Grande Vista (2brd) timeshare.
3 nights OKW (studio)
14 nights The Polynesian Lake View. (I LIKE the sound of the ferry boat horns!)

During week 2 I also have 1 night booked at the Royal Pacific.

The plan: Lots of chill and relax. During week 2 I'll be doing at least 2 days at Universal and most likely 5 visits. I got Undercover Tourist promo tickets -- buy 2 days get 3 bonus days. (Park hop option.)

Disney: Fully open plan here. (Annual pass) - The only thing in stone is Moonlight Magic at Hollywood Studios. This is (call me crazy!) a total 'wing it' visit. No ADR's set or anything else. I'll have plenty of time to people watch and smell the roses.

I've retired, so why not? :)

- This wouldn't have been possible without AP, DVC, and crazy cheap cash deals for the non Disney timeshare stays. The 2 bedrooms were overkill but at the price, what the heck? I'll have plenty of room to spread out in.
Our plans are very similar, down to Moonlight magic night! I'm less than 3 weeks away and very excited, I cannot wait.
Interval International Getaways are amazing deals. I'm already thinking that next year I might do 2 weeks at Disney and a month in Orlando. Have a look at the Universal AP, the seasonal pass isn't much more than the ticket you have and it's currently valid 15 months, so it would cover next year in September as well, which is part of the reasons I'm thinking already about next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter