How lucky to be in the first group to stay at the VGF DVC that opened today.

Exciting! We are there for 10 nights in October in what will be our first visit to the GF.

Quick question, do suitcases fit under the beds? It's not obvious from the pictures. The beds look to be raised with room underneath, but seem lower than some of the room refurbs at other resorts?
Suitcases will definitely fit under the bed, we also managed to fit 4 of ours in the wardrobe closet under our hanging shirts/dresses...The storage is simply amazing in the room. There are just two of us but we are here for 12 nights in a standard view and managed to find room for it all. If you like to hang a lot might have to ask or bring extra hangers but with the drawers we had plenty of room and I way overpacked. They are still working on the landscaping and staircase finishes but once they are done I can share a picture of our standard room.

Last edited:
Here are some pics from our standard view.C691F88D-E9F6-45A2-ACD5-17DD73826290.jpeg

Attachments

• CA00C358-4826-4A67-8A90-EE9C80CF65CA.jpeg
    CA00C358-4826-4A67-8A90-EE9C80CF65CA.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 61
  • B13C3E3E-705A-4ED9-9B08-EAADBE496A25.jpeg
    B13C3E3E-705A-4ED9-9B08-EAADBE496A25.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 7630BBAD-1391-4E05-994C-031B29CD2ACC.jpeg
    7630BBAD-1391-4E05-994C-031B29CD2ACC.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 58
  • C327D7C3-E36C-4221-BA7D-32A2E2E2EB46.jpeg
    C327D7C3-E36C-4221-BA7D-32A2E2E2EB46.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 60
Thank you for sharing those great pictures. Hope you have a great time, I know we did. Sadly we touched down in our home town of Vegas about one hour ago. We will be back in September.

Loving all the photos that have been shared. I saw a couple of videos on YouTube, they made me so excited for my August trip. The lobby is so beautiful. GF is such a beautiful resort.😎👍🏻💫🌴☀️

One drawback to the RS beverage cooler for some guests may be that the DS mini-fridges have shaped compartments inside the door to hold stuff--soda cans, etc. We've saved a lot of interior shelf space by cramming small items into those.

Otherwise, the concern many have had that the beverage coolers don't keep food safely chilled seems to be unfounded. That should reassure some that the RS will be more suitable once a toaster is added to the small appliance array. You could request one if there's none, anyway.

One drawback to the RS beverage cooler for some guests may be that the DS mini-fridges have shaped compartments inside the door to hold stuff--soda cans, etc. We've saved a lot of interior shelf space by cramming small items into those.

Otherwise, the concern many have had that the beverage coolers don't keep food safely chilled seems to be unfounded. That should reassure some that the RS will be more suitable once a toaster is added to the small appliance array. You could request one if there's none, anyway.
The milk and cream needed to be turned sideways so be sure to get the kind with screw tops so they won’t leak but seem to be equally cold as a mini fridge, just doesn’t hold as much.

The milk and cream needed to be turned sideways so be sure to get the kind with screw tops so they won’t leak but seem to be equally cold as a mini fridge, just doesn’t hold as much.

Do you know if any of the shelves can be removed so it could accommodate taller items?

Do you know if any of the shelves can be removed so it could accommodate taller items?
I can’t be sure since I didn’t try but since we were the first to stay, there was still shipping tape on the shelves so they don’t move during shipping so I would think they can be removed. I still fit 1/2 gallon milk carton just needed to be on its side.

I can’t be sure since I didn’t try but since we were the first to stay, there was still shipping tape on the shelves so they don’t move during shipping so I would think they can be removed. I still fit 1/2 gallon milk carton just needed to be on its side.

Thanks. We don't store a lot and most likely would never do more than one or two nights in them, but being able to move the top shelf could make a difference with some of the things we do...like big tubs of salsa and queso for our nachos!!!! LOL

Microwave was just added to our room (without us asking). They had a large stack and are going room to room.
Not super important but my wife wants to know what color was the microwave, she is hoping they don’t put black ones in, white would go better…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter