How Many DCL Trips Have You Taken?

Kennywood

Kennywood
Next month, my wife & I will be taking our 3rd Disney cruise. It's a big deal for us and we're very excited about it.

However, while perusing the disboards, I've seen posts from people who have taken a MANY more Disney cruises than we have. I know I've seen posts from people who have taken 40+ cruises and I could swear I saw a post from someone who said they have taken over 60 Disney cruises!

Does anyone know what the current record is for the number of Disney cruises taken by a person/couple/family? And how many Disney cruises have you taken?

We haven't don'e a lot, only started cruising in 2008. 12 Disney cruises and 15 Cruises overall.

3 Disney cruises so far, with number 4 and 5 already booked. We just started cruising with Disney about 2 years ago.

Number 19 (WBTA Sept. 2019) & 20(10 night Hawaii cruise May 2020) booked for us!

We've done 5 with 6th already booked. I don't know the record, but on our last cruise I was talking with another passenger. His family were on their 125 DCL cruise!! I figured they had probably been cruising since DCL started, but no they had just started 5 yrs ago! He and his wife were retired and pretty much spent most of their time going on DCL cruises, I told my dh about it and told him it was something to strive towards, LOL!!

We have completed four: Wonder in 03, Magic in 04, Dream in 16, Fantasy in 18. We are booked on another Dream (double dip) in June, and just booked a Fantasy for end of May 2020, so we will have 6 when that is over.

We have completed 9 so far. On our cruise in February I spoke with a couple that were on their 110th! I cannot even imagine going that many times, mostly because DCL doesn't change things up enough.

7 cruises so far with 8, 9, and 10 booked. We also talked with a lady with over 100 cruises on DCL. They live in a development close to the port and just jump on short cruises when the FL residents specials are posted.

I am late to the party and only started in August 2017 (one advantage to that is I never experienced the lower pricing of the past that many people mention, so I don’t miss it lol). We just finished #3 and have #4 booked for next April. We used to go to Disneyland several times a year but are taking a break until Galaxy’s Edge has been open for a while, so for now we’re getting our Disney fix by cruising.

Number 16 in August and number 17 in November. However Disney isn't the only cruise line I sail on. I am 1 day shy of Platinum on my next Carnival cruise. I just like sailing :)

My husband has done 6 and I've done 3. I sailed on Princess mostly as a kid, I think I did 15 with them, but not sure. I only recently discovered Disney cruises and now I don't want to sail with anyone else.

I have 16 and DW has 17 completed DCL cruises, all but one since I retired mid-year in 2014. We have 5 more DCL cruises booked (November this year, and 4 more in 2020: January B2B, Hawaii in May, Greek Isles in July) and a placeholder (probably November 2020). We are also doing a river cruise with Viking this summer and a fall color cruise on the Queen Mary 2 this October. Retirement is a treat.

How do you all afford so many dcl cruises?! I did one in 2015 that set me back almost 3k for an inside room. Their prices just seem insane.

We always book on opening day when prices are the lowest. I then re-book on board to get a discount and OBC. My family of 3 can usually get an OV on a 7night for around $4, 000, sometimes a few hundred more. We also cruise in January when prices are cheaper. Also helps that we live in the mid-west where the cost of living is cheaper so we can afford to go on vacations every 9-12 months.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter