How many of you had your first Disney park experience as an adult?

I was 45 before I made it to WDW the first time. I went with my 2 sons, just before the oldest DS got engaged. I made up for lost time. I have been to WDW over 30 times since!

TC :cool1:
This gives me life! I was 45 too AND I was with my two teenage sons but it was DL! I hope to have a ton of trips under my belt one day!

O
2017 I was 39. My GF 29 and our son was 5. It was the first time for all of us. We’ve been back since then, but our 2021 Plans are still up in the air.
Our plans for this year went bust obviously, but we are hoping for 2021 too!

WDW when I was 36.
Took DS and DD to compete in Jr. Olympics in St. Petersburg.......so stayed another week for the park.

We are west coast people, so it took something like that to get us over.
DL......I was very young
We are western Canadians, so we will also likely end up with more DL than WDW trips too!

Me! My parents had zero interest in going there when I was a kid. Then I had an opportunity to go after my senior year of high school, but my parents had no interest in that, either, LOL!

I was 25 when I finally made it there. Better late than never!

Me! I was 26. My parents always told me WDW wasn’t as fun as I thought it was until my older son was 4. Then they told me that they were gifting us a trip when he turned 5. Now I understand why they didn’t take me as a kid, I would have made them crazy about going all the time!
My Mum wanted to take my kids one day, but unfortunately she didn't live long enough to see our trip happen.

I was 28. My parents didn't do vacations, and I had no interest in WDW- I could go to the local theme park if I wanted to ride rides :confused3

Then I had princess-loving 3 and 6 year old girls and DH suggested we go, for our first family vacation.

I was 7 or 8 the first time my family visited Disneyland. That was also my Mom's first time (so mid forties for her). We went many more times after since we had family out there.

For Disney World, my first trip I was 25, so my parents were a lot older (guessing 64 and 67 maybe) for that trip and it was there first WDW trip too. And we had a blast!

For the record, my Mom is over 80 and still loves going to both Disneyland (all the time since we live close) and to WDW (at least once a year with me). My Dad has given up the parks though as he wants to be stubborn and not get a scooter.

I know that a lot of people grew up taking Disney vacations, but how many people didn't enter a park until they were adults? I'm wondering if I'm an oddball! LOL
Me! I was heading to Paris last November with my BJJ gym for a competition. Since it was my birthday, I went early and treated myself to a day at Disney Land on my own! I’m 35.

I live in Oregon and had made trips to Disneyland over the years, but didn't go to WDW until I was 62. I loved it! My spouse loved it! Since then we have visited every year for the past 6 years to WDW. Each trip we try new things and stay at different Disney hotels. I know if we had gone earlier I would have probably wanted to buy DVC!

Me! I was 26. My parents always told me WDW wasn’t as fun as I thought it was until my older son was 4. Then they told me that they were gifting us a trip when he turned 5. Now I understand why they didn’t take me as a kid, I would have made them crazy about going all the time!
I would have been swept away by the Disney magic had I crossed the threshold as a child! We couldn't afford it when I was younger, but going as an adult wasn't any less magical for sure!

Took one of my children to Disney Paris as an adult as my first experience in Disney’s amusement parks (he was a tween). Another 30 plus years before my DGD’s first visit To WDW and my return to Disney stuff.

Last edited:
First time our family went, I was in college. Partly I think it depends where you live since traveling to Florida to go to an amusement park can be a big expense if the family includes children, you live too far away to drive and the price of hotels, food, park tickets, etc. all add up. We had several amusement parks closer to where we lived so we tended to take day trips to those places. Some people go to Disney many times per year, but it just wasn't as big of a draw for us even when we could afford it. There were several other places we preferred to go on vacation, just depends what your interests are. Went to Disney last year after not being there in probably 10+ years. Was surprised how much looked the same and how expensive everything was. It was also so crowded, you could accomplish far less in a given amount of time then when we went in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter