How many rolls of film do you take?

momtokendantom

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in just 12 more days!!!

I am wondering how much film I should bring. I generally take a TON of photos for our scrapbooks. We will bring our camcorder as well.

Any thoughts?

Mom to Ken, Dan, Tom

We usually bring 2 or 3 rolls for each day we are there. We hardly ever bring home unused "extras". I take pictures of everything.

We bring our camcorder too. My husband takes control of it, but he doesn't do that great of a job. He does a lot of jumping around and doesn't narrate. So when we get home and watch the videos, we are always saying "Where is that?" or "What is that?". Kind of funny! (That's why no one but me can use the camera!!)

I think it depends on how long you'll be there and how much you plan. I've become a serious scrapper so I take about a roll of film for each day, I'd rather have too much than too little as it's pretty expensive to buy down there. Sometimes I come home with extra film sometimes I don't. But if you're scrapping the more pictures you have to work with the better ~ that way you can really pick and choose :-)

I take at least 1 roll per day, with a few extras thrown in for good measure. I usually end up using just a little over 1 roll a day, but I don't have kids yet, so I'm sure I'll take more when I do.

Usually I take one roll per day and a few extra. Our 4 day trip a few weeks ago we took 10 rolls of film. Mainly because I had my Dad's small 35 mm too and my kids used that to take pictures. Some of them were pretty funny!

Take more then you think you will need. You do not want to have to buy it there. We used 19 rolls on our 10 day trip in June. Same advice for batteries, floppy disks, etc. Have a great time!:)

Well we usually plan on one roll of film for each day. On our last trip (9 days) we ended up taking 8 rolls and about half of another one .

We are members of the roll of the week club? We used up nine rolls of film for our last six day trip in Aug.. We use about one roll per day , Also I bring a camcorder, have some nice video on the last three trips to WDW, Getting tired of carrying camcorder everywere, anybody else have this prob???? CBR99, AllstarMoviesFeb2001, Allstar MusicAug2001............

We were there a week and I took 23 rolls. this included a waterproof cam. for the water parks and 2 non flash 800 speed disp. cams for the indoor shows. I love all my pics and can't wait to scrapbook all my favs. Lisa

Hello-

I also enjoy taking about 1-2 rolls per day. For my first couple of trips I only took pictures of characters or shows. Now I try to get more "unusual" shots. Like my bread bowl filled with soup in the shape of Mickey ears or like how long I had to wait in line for the Rockin' Roller coaster or even the shape of a park bench.

What are some "less typical" pictures that you take?

Brenda

We have a digital camera and bought extra memory for our trip last week. (128Meg cartridge which at 1/2 meg resolution gave us an extra 200 pictures). We took about 300 pictures on a one week trip (5 days in the parks).

We also took a cam corder and have about 3 1/2 hours on video.

:)

:) None :)

We also have a digital camera. I think in June we went through a box of 12 disks. You get approx. 30 pictures on a disk , so we took somewhere between 330 - 360 pics in a week. That is pretty close to a role of film, so I would go with those saying 2 rolls a day.

have fun:)

We were there two weeks ago for 8 nights and went thru 10 rolls of film and two full camcorder tapes. I rather bring to many than not enough becuase they charge a fortune down there for film and batteries.

Disnee Dad Says.............................................................. I want to make sure that these people are not over estimating. They are not. We don't take many pictures, and we do not scrap. WE still take a roll a day when we are in the parks, and two for the off days. We are takeing 9 rolls for our ten day trip in November. If you like to take pictures, the minimum would be 1 1/2 rolls a day.

We dont take film either as we have two digital cameras, my husband is a collector of gadgets!!!
We took about 1200 pictures are last trip!!!
Wow, we have lots of memories!!

If you don't take many photos, one roll for every one or two days would be plenty. However, if you are me.. :D I'm taking 20 rolls for my 35mm, plus 10 disks for the digital camera, for a 12 day trip. I took 20 rolls for one week last time, and used them all!

Ah, and I forgot to mention..

Certainly get more than you think you will need! Film is much more expensive there, and if you don't use it on your trip, you can always use it later. Also, take extra camera batteries! Mine ran out my 2nd day there, and instead of about $9 for 2 batteries at home, it cost me $20!

This is our first trip and I have been buying a few rolls at a time. I got them together last night to see if I had enough. LOL, I have 36 rolls for our 7 day trip:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter