How To Gain 2 Inches by October 27th

chipnwendy

The Ladies Love Kasey Kahne
My girls need to "grow" about 2 inches so that they can meet the 40 inch requirement for Splash Mountain & Big Thunder Mountain.

Any suggestions on how to go about accomplishing this would be appreciated.

Trick or Treat, Let the Big Dawg Eat !!!

Are you measuring with barefeet or is the 38" with shoes? Hopefully without shoes or, uh, no way. :D I would think that shoes would add about an inch at most. They'd better start eating!

T&B

Miracle Grow? oh, that's for plants, not kids?? Hhmmm..... Our DS Connor has the same problem and we can't seem to fix it either! GOOD LUCK!

Never in my life have I had such an easy time getting my DS3 to eat his meat and veggies. I keep telling him that he needs to eat ALL of his meat and veggies so he grows another inch to go on SM in Dec. Well, he was 38 inches and he is now 41 without shoes!!! I am sure it was just a growth spurt, but he sure is eating healthy these days!! LOL!!

In all seriousness folks. I bought a pair of $4.99 slip on sandals at Wallmart with spongebob on them. They had huge 2" soles. I only put them on my daughter when we got in line. She could never have walked very far in those things. My suggestion-take the kids (and a tape measure) to Walmart and see what you can find. Good Luck.

We leave in just 10 days, and I just knew my DS3 was going to make it this time. This thread sparked me to get up and measure him, and he is less than an inch shy of 40" without his shoes on. Someone here awhile back mentioned the Skechers tennis shoes had really thick soles, so guess I'll be buying him some. I put on some of his thickest soled ones that he has right now, and he just barely makes it with them. Don't want to risk it, so guess I'll be shopping next week. He was 38" in May when we last went, and I never dreamed he wouldn't grow 2" by now, so we really talked up Splash Mountain, and he is so excited. My mistake, I know. Even his big sister is disappointed that he may not get to ride it this time. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I know many parents put their children in high soled shoes to get them on rides - but please be careful and hold onto them on these rides.

The height requirement is to keep them safe. Ride restraints might not fit correctly if the child is too short (for example)

My DGD is 47½" in stocking feet. She desperately wants to ride RnR on our trip Nov. 3-8. She's ½" too short! I know that we could add lifts, or higher soled shoes, but I'm majorly concerned about this ride because of the inversions. I'm so afraid she'd slip out from under the shoulder harness. Do you think she'd be safe? I suppose I'm a bit paranoid, but isn't that how Gramma's are supposed to be?

Originally posted by ncbyrne
My DGD is 47½" in stocking feet. She desperately wants to ride RnR on our trip Nov. 3-8. She's ½" too short! I know that we could add lifts, or higher soled shoes, but I'm majorly concerned about this ride because of the inversions. I'm so afraid she'd slip out from under the shoulder harness. Do you think she'd be safe? I suppose I'm a bit paranoid, but isn't that how Gramma's are supposed to be?

I would think she'd be fine - 1/2" isn't too much, and chances are with shoes on, she's going to be tall enough anyway.

I'm having the same problem with my DD6. DS3 is less than an inch away from 40" for Splash Mountain, so I think we can get him on, but DD6 is almost 3" too short for RnR. She was hoping for this trip too, but she obviously isn't going to make it. I don't who's more disappointed, me or her. I'm the only one in my family who likes to ride it, and I can't wait for my thrill-ride junkie daughter to come with me! :D

Originally posted by ncbyrne

I know what you mean, my youngest is almost 8 and about 49" and I am still freaked out about taking her in a couple weeks.

FWIW - I have recently seen CM's ask children to remove obviously high shoes before measuring. Twice I saw them ask to remove sandels and once sneakers. The CM's have been asking children to remove hats as well and making sure the head hits the L bar. I have also seen some dissapointed kids who scooted past the initial CM only to be measured and turned away at boarding.

Be careful folks - we don't want dissapointed kids and more importantly lets keep them safe to ride next time.
sorry /rant

TJ

Thank you Stinkerbelle! Ive always wondered about parents who do that and the safety factors. 1/2 an inch may not seem like much, but the height requirement is there for a reason. I would never make my son taller just so he could go on a ride, no matter how desperate he was to ride it.

alison

For all the people who are trying the shoes with the thick soles...the CM's MAY make your child take them off. I have seen them have kids take off their shoes to check the height requirement. The kids go away from the ride even more upset because Mommy and Daddy said they would be able to go on the ride.

I'm really not going to get into the debate about the height requirements. I can totally understand about disappointed kids but the rules are there for your child's safety.

Keep in mind that even with 2 inch soles and big hair, your child may be disappointed when the CM tries to measure them.

Okay same thing happened to us two years ago...just a bit short. My dd wore sketchers with a thick sole...not extremely thick but thicker than Keds. She was still a bit shy of the 40 so we ta;ught her ( I promise) to slightly rock up on her toes if they measred her. She got measure several times and it worked every time. She didnt stand on her tiptoes...she just slightly lifted her heals off the ground. I also several years ago when my nine year old DD was 4, we did a big ponytail on top of her head and she never even got checked. I guess it made her look taller. Good Luck. We never had to miss a ride. Have fun!:flower1:

I will never understand why a loving parent would consciously risk a child's safety. The risk may be small, but it is not one that is necessary to take.

To me, this is selfish on the part of the parent - it is not about the child. The parent doesn't want to deal with the child's disappointment and so risks the child's safety to avoid it.

It's part of a parent's job to say no when children want things that are not good for them and those that can't say no are not doing their children any favors.

JMHO. YMMV. Feel free to flame me if you must.

NOW>>>>>>>>>>>Is it necessary to tell people they are not good parents when you dont even know them. That was completely uncalled for. WHen both of my daughters were too short they were only missing by a half an inch or so. Its not like I WOULD EVER put my kids in jeopardy. ANd I do NOT let my kids do everything they want to do. I just think that comment was uncalled for when you dont even know the people who are posting. I just thought that was sorta rude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter