How to get a reasonable air fare on short notice?

nisiemouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
This is not a disney transportation question just a transportation question. My husband's dad is critically ill and he will probably need to fly down to Fort Walton Beach, Fl in the next few days. Does anyone have any pointers on getting a reasonable air fare on short notice. Thanks for any advice.

A friend of mine just bid through Expedia and got a great rate for a trip to be with her son for a surgery. She is flying on a Thursday (I think Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are cheaper a lot of the time) and is staying a week. The bid was less than 7 days before the trip. Expedia sent me an email not too long ago that told about trip bidding within 7 days of departure. You might give them a try. Good luck and I hope your father-in-law gets better!

I don't know if this will help because I don't fly much, but did you think of calling the airline and explaining your situation? Our neighbors recently flew home from FL a day early due to their dog getting hit by a car. They actually moved all six of them into first class for the same price due to a "hardship". Don't know if that will help you.

I went through Expedia... my parents were in the same situation this week, and had to fly to Florida for a death in the family. When I realized that the fares on Southwest to fly into Orlando were no different, I just went back and did it through the Southwest.com site, as I am more familiar with it.

I would either try Expedia, or if you have AOL, then Travelocity. Good luck.

For those that suggest expedia do you do a search for bargain fares where you have the 1 hour to accept the price? Thanks everyone for your responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter