How to get from Kona Cafe to Epcot?

wdwfan22

Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!
We will be taking a Lyft from Pop Century to breakfast at Kona one morning. Are buses running from Poly since it's under refurb? Or do we go to TTC, are there buses there to Epcot? Thanks for any help.

I read on another thread that the Epcot monorail wasn't running at the moment, so I guess it's be a bus from the Poly. If they're open for guests to stay then they must be running buses to the parks. Otherwise it's a walk to GF for a bus to Epcot.

Bus from Poly to Epcot I think is the quickest, no Epcot monorail running just now.

When is your trip? I have heard rumors that the Epcot Monorail might reopen after park hopping is reinstated on January 1.

When is your trip? I have heard rumors that the Epcot Monorail might reopen after park hopping is reinstated on January 1.
If the purpose of reopening the Epcot monorail is to accommodate those who are park hopping, it may not be open early enough to benefit someone who's trying to get to Epcot after breakfast. I believe park hopping is only going to be allowed from 2:00 pm-on, and that park-to-park transportation (the buses in most instances) will only start a little before then. Of course, they could decide to open the Epcot monorail earlier, just to accommodate the monorail resorts, but they very well might not. Did the rumors you heard mention anything about daily starting time?

Walk to TTC and get on a monorail to GF and take a bus to EPCOT

OR

Walk to GF and take a bus to EPCOT

OR walk to TTC or GF, take monorail to MK...take resort bus to yacht/beach/boardwalk....enter EPCOT via International Gateway.

Buses are running from the Poly starting an hour before the parks open. That might be a challenge for a breakfast at Kona followed by a trip to Epcot as Epcot is opening so late right now.

If the purpose of reopening the Epcot monorail is to accommodate those who are park hopping, it may not be open early enough to benefit someone who's trying to get to Epcot after breakfast. I believe park hopping is only going to be allowed from 2:00 pm-on, and that park-to-park transportation (the buses in most instances) will only start a little before then. Of course, they could decide to open the Epcot monorail earlier, just to accommodate the monorail resorts, but they very well might not. Did the rumors you heard mention anything about daily starting time?

Very good points. No, the rumors didn't mention the starting time.

I heard an even wilder rumor...WDW has been using all the monorails for MK /covid spacing and doesn’t have enough monorails to add the Epcot line ...
Kinda makes sense. I personally worry about the maintenance for that stretch . Have not noticed any type of servicing . I have only been aware of DL having this care given to their monorails. So expect more issues with transport to arise.
You would not believe the mechanical problems that are occurring just with my car sitting during covid in Florida. Have needed all new tires due to mold rot. Have towed it in three times w/ issues the mechanics are trying to figure out currently.
So I hope Disney has taken care of all their transport orr vehicles on property.
Has anybody seen MinnieVans up for sale by dealerships? Haha

I heard an even wilder rumor...WDW has been using all the monorails for MK /covid spacing and doesn’t have enough monorails to add the Epcot line ...
Kinda makes sense. I personally worry about the maintenance for that stretch . Have not noticed any type of servicing . I have only been aware of DL having this care given to their monorails. So expect more issues with transport to arise.
You would not believe the mechanical problems that are occurring just with my car sitting during covid in Florida. Have needed all new tires due to mold rot. Have towed it in three times w/ issues the mechanics are trying to figure out currently.
So I hope Disney has taken care of all their transport orr vehicles on property.
Has anybody seen MinnieVans up for sale by dealerships? Haha
Not bad points. Airplanes that sit however well cared for always have “squawks” when first reactivated. All things mechanical for that matter. FWIW regarding the monorails I did read that they have taken the down time to clean the beams. Additionally when we were there in July just prior to the parks opening we saw them exercising the monorail trains from the GFV pool area. Over the course of a couple of days we saw 10 of 12 so I would guess they are cognizant of running them all regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter