How to get to the front of the line (includes Universal Express information)

Yes, you will need a room key for each person to get FOTL. You pay extra for more than two adults in a room. It's well worth the $30!!

Since there are four of you, and two are teenagers under 18, you shouldn't be charged any extra. Under 18 is free, and you are already paying for the two adults.

TinkKel:

I agree the 2 teens should be free, but the question is whether they are entitled to a room key for FOTL? From what I have read it appears they must be listed on the reservation to get the key. When making the ressie online, it had no option for listing under 18, it was listed as "How many adults" . If I put 2 it was one price, 4 was $30 more. I agree it is well worth it, but just want to know if I understand this right.

Just call the hotel and tell them you made the reservation on-line. The folks at the hotel know that the teens won't be listed on that reservation and they will add them to it, no problem. I just did this last night.

Thanks to those who helped out with my question. I just called HRH and they added the teens to the ressie which entitles them to their own key for FOTL and the $$ I saved on the room I put toward a room with a better view and still saved $60.

Thanks again

This will be our 1st visit to Universal in 11 years. We arrive early on Friday and check out on Sunday. Staying at royal pacific. Does fotl truly mean no wait go straight to the front and ride? seems too good to be true! Any suggestions on tickets I should purchase? Thanks for the help.:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by GONETODISNEY
This will be our 1st visit to Universal in 11 years. We arrive early on Friday and check out on Sunday. Staying at royal pacific. Does fotl truly mean no wait go straight to the front and ride? seems too good to be true! Any suggestions on tickets I should purchase? Thanks for the help.:Pinkbounc

It means go right into the express entrance. During busy times you might have a 15 minute wait, but most of the time it's a walk on or just a few minute wait.

FOTL is an awesome perk of being a Universal resort guest! We were only able to spend one day at each park and with FOTL we were able to go on everything we wanted and still have time left to appear on Slime Time Live (the highlight of my kid's Florida vacation). The kids thought they were so grown up to have their very own room keys too--they made great souvieners!

Originally posted by jeankeri
How much is an express pass card and how do you know what attractions are included?

On the Universal web site it is around $15 for one park and $20 for both. I would also like to know what attractions the pass is good for. Is it good for all the rides and shows that offer Express? How does it work-is it a card or a ticket booklet like someone else said? Do they offer Express rides for Halloweeen Horror Nights or is it wait in line only?

We stayed at RPR on 7th April. We believed we were getting FOTL - but it turned out that we had wait time of 15-20 on almost all the rides at both parks. Not what we were expecting. The parks were very busy though. I saw a wait-time of 135 mins for Shrek!

Julie

Originally posted by juliebro
We stayed at RPR on 7th April. We believed we were getting FOTL - but it turned out that we had wait time of 15-20 on almost all the rides at both parks. Not what we were expecting. The parks were very busy though. I saw a wait-time of 135 mins for Shrek!

Julie
The only true FOTL is a VIP tour. By staying on site you get automatic express access all day. They state that you should expect up to 15 minute waits. Nothing really to complain about when the regular wait times are over two hours! Try going to any other park during a busy time and only waiting 15-20 minutes--Not going to happen!

Hum, can you help me?

We're going in a few weeks (flying from Montreal, Canada), and we're going to stay at Portofino. The room was booked for 4 adults.
Now, there is a friend we know in Florida who is going to join us. We were thinking of visiting the parks together for 2 days, but the thing is he will not stay at the hotel with us. He'll just drive from his home to Universal on both days. So only 4 of us will have the FOTL access, but we don't know what to do for our friend. He will get a 2days-2parks ticket, but we don't want him to be stuck using the regular express line unless there's no other choice.

So here are my questions... first, is the Universal Express PLUS card still available for purchase?
If it is, do you think he should get it, considering we're going in the first two weeks of May...? Is it worth it? We have no idea how crowded the parks might be. We know he'll only be able to get in the express line once per ride, but at least we won't have to worry about time slots and expirations, and we won't be using FOTL more than once per ride during these 2 days anyway. We'll have that kind of fun when he's not there. :rolleyes:

And finally, I heard these cards are limited in quantity, and they can only be purchased on-site, like, 1 hour after opening?
Can he get a PLUS card on the day of his visit if he buys his admission ticket in advance on the website, or does he have to get everything on-site?

I don't know if my message was completely clear... English is not my 1st language!
Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it, and this is a great forum!
Can't wait for my 1st trip to Orlando. :hyper:

You may want to see if you can add him to your registration for your room. I think it's $25 extra per night for an extra adult. That would be cheaper than the express plus pass amd he would have unlimited express access.

Please all be aware. It is not FOTL access you get. It is access to the Universal Express queue - which can involve wait times if 15-20 minutes at busy periods.

We were there at Easter and had to spend 20 mins in line for several rides - not what we were expecting.

Julie

Sorry - just realised I already said this - above!!!

Ok, now I have a question. If you're not staying on site and you're only doing one day at US, can you still get Express pass? I was under the impression you could only get Express passes if you (1) stayed onsite (2) bought a 2 park pass or (3) paid extra for the Express pass. I was told this by one of the agents when I called Universal Vacations --- of course this was also after I was told that since I was a travel agent I could get 1 free ticket for me as a TA w/my IATAN card and 50% off for everyone else in my party. GO FIGURE!! Sure would have been nice not to have to stand in line at Shrek 4D for 40 mins or ET for 30 or miss Revenge of the Mummy b/c lines were 90 mins long!!
Thanks for any information ya'll can give.
Karen

Originally posted by juliebro
Please all be aware. It is not FOTL access you get. It is access to the Universal Express queue - which can involve wait times if 15-20 minutes at busy periods.

We were there at Easter and had to spend 20 mins in line for several rides - not what we were expecting.

Julie

Sorry - just realised I already said this - above!!!

I'm going in the summer, and staying onsite. I'm still happy because although I might have to wait 15 minutes, other people will be waiting for over an hour.

So happy day for me!! :bounce:

Originally posted by TN Traveler
Ok, now I have a question. If you're not staying on site and you're only doing one day at US, can you still get Express pass? I was under the impression you could only get Express passes if you (1) stayed onsite (2) bought a 2 park pass or (3) paid extra for the Express pass. I was told this by one of the agents when I called Universal Vacations --- of course this was also after I was told that since I was a travel agent I could get 1 free ticket for me as a TA w/my IATAN card and 50% off for everyone else in my party. GO FIGURE!! Sure would have been nice not to have to stand in line at Shrek 4D for 40 mins or ET for 30 or miss Revenge of the Mummy b/c lines were 90 mins long!!
Thanks for any information ya'll can give.
Karen
You can get an express pass from the machine with any park ticket. It works like fast pass at Disney. The problem is, the passes run out for the popular attractions. You can also buy the Express Pass Plus which will get you in the express line ONCE for each attraction that has express.

Could you please inform me where and how to go obtaining an express pass plus?

Bobo, I found this explanation on undercovertourist.com for Express Pass Plus:
Express Plus Extra (purchase this ticket upgrade from the park directly approx $14.95):
No need to make a reservation to bypass the lines (as above). Just turn up when you want to and skip the lines at the attraction* (note: you can only do this ONCE per attraction).
To purchase, or for more information, visit Guest Services at the park. We DO NOT sell this upgrade, only Universal does in their parks.

*Limit one time only per attraction using the Universal Express line/queue. Anticipated maximum wait time 15 minutes. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

I think it's worth the $15.00! Well, depending on the time of year you are going anyway. I'm going at the end of August and I'm not really sure what the crowds will be like. Most of the country except the Northeast will be going back to school by then. NE goes back in Sept.
Hope the info helps you out!
::yes::

Thank you! I'll have to talk my parents into getting one for each of us. I'm going in 6 days, so I'm pretty sure it will be well worth $15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter