How to keep from getting insanely jealous?

3jsmommy, sadly this thread seems to have been started just a few minutes after OP posted on the thread about a death that I referenced above :sad1:

OP, I really feel bad for you and hope that you can get some guidance to sort out these feelings. Being jealous over someone who had a death in the family is not healthy

Let me just say upfront, that I understand this may offend some people on this board and to all you with cute little girls running around in Cinderella outfits this is not directed to you or your little girls.

Someone wondered earlier if these feelings came from insecurity or a sense of entitlement. Let me say I vote for sense of entitlement. You are not a princess, ok. You are a 26 year old woman that needs to grow up and realize that this world does not revolve around you and your needs.

This may come across as harsh, but I feel that is what you are opening yourself up to with a post like this.

Yet many of the other posters here have such things in their names too.They are not princesses either. But still, aren't we all Princesses at Disney? What about the other women who go and put the princess smiley next to their names as well? I'm not the only one. This is just a fun, pretty name I like using on posting boards. Besides, aren't we all Princesses at Disney?

Well, I guess because I went to WDW not expecting to receive any Special Dreams (I never WIN anything...I'm a loser....in real life...LOL), it really didn't bother me, I'm used to it. We had my ADORABLE DGD with us...and she did not attract any Dream Team prizes. We did see Dream Team members and placed ourselves within possible "Dream Position", but were never chosen. I just told the family that we didn't fit the profile.
However, we did receive Magic from our wonderful Mousekeeper, Marie and a late check out from CM Jean! Nonetheless, we had a GREAT time!

I think the key is to expect nothing, which I what I plan on doing the next time I go. Lots, I realized - don't get wishes as well. There are more that don't then then that do. And again, if everyone got wishes - the would not be that special anymore. Besides, I have been reading that there are certain way to give out dreams. They target times and places rather than people ...

Lots of smart people had begun to point out such things to me.

Besides, I have been reading that there are certain way to give out dreams. They target times and places rather than people ...

Lots of smart people had begun to point out such things to me.

So you've been researching how to win a prize?:sad2: Are you going to stand in front of the Dream Squad and stare at them, waiting for a handout?

Oh, and I got Mickey confetti on my birthday, I'm now waiting for you to curse me with the plague. :rolleyes1

I was going to post the exact same thing. I lurk on the Coping and Compassion part of this board, and frankly I was horrified to see you (OP) post over there that you were jealous of the joy someone received from Disney after the death of a family member.

That is absolutely beyond wrong. I am not saying this is in any kind of joking or sarcastic manner. If the OP truely felt that way and then went so far as to reply to the post, then she needs to speak with some type of counselor.
You are right, I hope she does seek help & stop posting anything on the compassion board!

Okay here we go.

I started to respond in several different ways, and looking back I can’t type up all the thoughts I have on this, so I will cut to the chase and call a spade a spade as I see it from the anonymity of my computer. Yes, several women do refer to princess in screen names and all sorts of other fun stuff here. Quite honestly, after reading your posts the connotation I have from the word princess as it applies to you is that of a spoiled little rich girl whose daddy would always refer to his little princess and whatever she wanted she got. I don’t get that from other women that post here associating themselves with the whole princess thing. Now, your next post will undoubtedly explain how I couldn’t be further from the truth, and maybe you grew up dirt poor and daddy wasn’t around. I don’t know and I don’t care. You asked why your association with the term princess is any different from other women that do the same and I answered.

Aren’t we all Princesses at Disney? No , some are princesses, some are Violet Beauregard (not Disney, anyone….) Some are princes and some are that kid that ticked off Mrs. Jumbo

I don't know - but the worst of me rears though when I see or hear of people and all the great "bonuses" Disney gives to them be it a Million Dream blessing or special treatment due to illiness, birthday, wedding, winning a free trip etc.

I just get so ANGRY because NONE of that stuff has ever been given to me or my friends and family in all the times I have gone there. It just makes me wish bad things would happen to those who got all that good stuff.

It's a nasty thing but I feel that way alot ...

How am I to get over it all?

Has anyone ever felt the same as me?!

I'm a Princess and princesses are supposed to be good, fair, kind and bear no harsh feelings to no one.

:headache:

Here's what you do: You start looking at all the good things you have in your life. You start being grateful for what you have, instead of what you don't have. How fortunate you are that you haven't had anything devastating happen to you. That you have the great fortune to be able to afford to a trip to WDW. That you have been blessed with family and friends and good health. Your glass is full, not empty. You have a home and a bed and food to eat. So many people don't have that. You are blessed just living in the U.S. There are many who would risk their lives to have what you have.

Or Veruka Salt(sp?):rotfl:
OT~
I used to call my older sister that when we were little, about 6 mths ago she called me from my parents house & I said, put on the TV!! your on TV!! When she saw Charlie she was so mad at me, then she cracked up!!:rotfl:

I vote for this thread to be closed.
The OP just doesn't get it, and probably never will.
Why let any of this nonsense upset those who do get it. :sad2:
JMHO

I've kind of watched this thread and decided that I wanted to add my thoughts. Jealousy is indeed natural, and at least owning up to the fact that you feel that way is better than not realizing it at all. However, with anything you have to make the choice to focus on that and improve it for yourself. Simply acknowledging something doesn't make it going away automatically. It's going to take focus and concentration on your part to recognize when those feelings are coming up - and when they do decide to focus on something more constructive - perhaps it's a beautiful day in the park, there wasn't a line for your favorite ride, you're enjoying the company of friends.

You're very fortunate to be able to visit WDW many times, especially with cast member friends extending their discount. In an world where some people struggle to find steady employment, are off fighting a war or any other number of less than wonderful circumstances, you are healthy and able to visit a place where some people only dream of. I will have the great fortune of visit WDW for the first time, at age 24, with my mom and dad this coming September. This is literally a dream come true for me - just to be able to BE there. Unfortunately, part of the situation that brought this on is my dad's ongoing heart problems (and situations like the Virginia Tech tragedy, etc.)and my parents wanting to make the most of the time that we have together. Being with my parents in the most magical place I can think of is the best wish I could ever ask to be granted.

I wish you the best of luck in working through this. I know it can be difficult to deal with jealousy issues, but you can do it. The next time you feel it happening, take a deep breath, focus your thoughts elsewhere and smile.:)

JMHO
:thumbsup2
I second your vote this is just bound to get uglier...

Before the thread closes I'd like to add my thoughts. I originally recommended that you take a wee drinkie because I couldn't believe you were serious. Unfortunatately you were. Now I'm the one who needs the drinkie. My thoughts on this are several. First and foremost you should thank God DAILY for all you have. Yes, they're called blessings. You are more than fortunate to be able to go to WDW. So many people worldwide cannot. They're too busy trying to live to see the next day. So many families live under bridges, in cardboard boxes, etc. Children get their meals out of garbage dumpsters. Situations that should not be happening in todays age. To be envious of someone getting a hat or a pin and you don't is crazy. I can give you a little bit about myself: my husband walked out on me when my 2 children were in diapers. Yes, diapers. I've raised them on my own, and yes we've been to Disney, with our upcoming trip being #4. I'm no hero and I know that there's more people in far, far worse shape than I am and I am very fortunate to be doing ok by the grace of God. And my kids are great. And they're healthy. To my way of thinking, and I know I'll be corrected if wrong, but if you have your health and faith you have everything. Don't waste your life being envious. Its a cancer. Wish those who win things well and get on with your life. There's so much more out there than a hat. And finally, I hope this doesn't come across as having an attitude. That's not the tone in which it was written. Shake hands with reality.

Originally Posted by wdwthreethiels
JMHO
:thumbsup2 I second your vote this is just bound to get uglier...
Just so you know ... you don't get a vote in closing a thread just because you don't like the way a thread is heading. Only the Original Poster can request a thread be closed or a moderator can close a thread for rules violations. I think this thread has been (mostly) respectful. If you disagree you can report an objectionable post by clicking on the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in the left panel of the post under the poster's name.

Ahhh, Veruca Salt that was the one I actually meant. I am now officially jealous of you and your superior knowledge of the 1971 classic. I hope you get stuck in your house watching old Gene Wilder movies all day. Actually, the ones he did with Mel Brooks are really good. Him and Richard Pryor made some funny ones also. Oh forget it, Im going to go watch Blazing Saddles now.

Please lock this thread I just though of two really smart comments I could make but I wont. Leaving this thread open will only encourage me

Let me just add, I have devloved here into some type of mocking humor, but these are serious issues and we should all be thankful for our blessings.

BTW, if the OP is getting into the parks for free because of friends that work there isnt she getting from Disney a "Bonus" or the "Special Attention" she so badly desires.

Sorry, I had to get one more coment in there.

Just so you know ... you don't get a vote in closing a thread just because you don't like the way a thread is heading. Only the Original Poster can request a thread be closed or a moderator can close a thread for rules violations. I think this thread has been (mostly) respectful. If you disagree you can report an objectionable post by clicking on the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in the left panel of the post under the poster's name.

I understand the not voting, I was just wishing out loud this thread would go away, since I have read the post the OP made prior to this thread starting. It was on the compassion board, she was responding to a post about someone losing a family member, & the response was VERY disrespectful & disturbing. I am guessing that is where this thread is stemming from. It literally turned my stomach when I read it.:sad2:

I understand the not voting, I was just wishing out loud this thread would go away, since I have read the post the OP made prior to this thread starting. It was on the compassion board, she was responding to a post about someone losing a family member, & the response was VERY disrespectful & disturbing. I am guessing that is where this thread is stemming from. It literally turned my stomach when I read it.:sad2:
I'm sorry that the OP said something in another thread you didn't think was appropriate. In that case, you should report that post instead of requesting that other threads started by the OP be closed. (FWIW, I read the post you're talking about and I felt it was immature but not disrespectful or disturbing.) Opening up another thread to discuss her feelings was a totally appropriate thing to do.

I guess the word appropriate would not be my choice when describing anything I have read by the OP in either post. I would call it immature if it was written by an 11 year old.
This will be it for me on this thread, I don't want to encourage it any more than I already have..

So you've been researching how to win a prize?:sad2: Are you going to stand in front of the Dream Squad and stare at them, waiting for a handout?

... actually, going up and expecting them to do something does not work, according to the things other people have written.

3jsmommy, I'm sorry that I drew your attention to that thread on the 'Compassion' board. I had to walk away yesterday when I read the OP's post, and I can only imagine what the person who took the time to post her wonderful experience will feel when she reads that post about how 'jealous' Princess Bella Luna is of her.

Hopefully the person who lost her family member just before a Disney trip can have some empathy towards Bella Luna. I can't imagine how I would feel if someone posted that they were jealous that I received some small delights such as a fruit plate after a family member had just died....

And I agree - it doesn't seem like the OP is even trying to learn from some of these posts, so I too am going to stop posting on this thread.

We struggle very much to take our two wheelchair bound little girls into the parks. Rude and inconsiderate people often make our just getting around a challenge. Occasionally, some one at Disney may do something nice for us. Some friends of ours just got back from taking their 8 year old son on his Make A Wish trip, because at Christmas they found out it was about 99% guaranteed that they had just spent their last Christmas with him. I know that LOTS of great things were done to and for them. I can't imagine ANYONE wishing bad things on any of these three children. I don't care if you have a jealousy issue or what your problem is. I feel that the rest of us on this board need to take a minute and pray for you. YOU NEED SOME HELP! Please get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter