Hurricane Idalia - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion

We were at BWV also. We felt safe and the CMs were very efficient IMO. The Sandwich bags that were available for purchase were reasonably priced and the food in the convention area was good.

They brought the outdoor patio furniture inside our room as a precaution and we missed a park day but it could have been so much worse for everyone.

We actually enjoyed hanging out at the resort. We met some new friends and got to know some amazing CMs.
Thx for the report. So did they close parks? - Other than the water park?

As the day comes to a close it turned out to be rather ok. heavy bands of rain and wind most all day. Park under normal operations. Rained more than not Till about 5 or so. Light bands after that. We hit the park about 1 I guess. Just wore our poncho. Was enough. At Epcot. Crowds low

We were very fortunate with our road trip!
We drove to Greeneville TN on 8/29. ( I highly recommend the General Morgan Inn - Beautiful place & exceptional customer service) We were glued to the weather channel every night, as our next stop was Statesboro GA. We called the GA hotel on 8/30 and, at that point they reported some minor rain damage and that their power had “flickered” a couple times😱
We checked sgain on 8/31 am, and they were open and operating under “normal” conditions. We spent 8/31 there without incident, and it was a nice room and a nice breakfast buffet. 9/1 we drove to AKV-Jambo, and we lucked out with our Standard View Studio, as it actually overlooks the Uzima Savanna 😀
Also lucked out and scored TRON VQ #90 on first try at 7am. Worked out well, as I had a Tee Time at Oak Trail at 9 - returned to room for shower and late lunch, and off to MK where I boarded TRON at 5pm - FRONT ROW SEAT🙌🙌🙌
It was a fun ride, but way too short. I think GOTG is more exciting!
We leave AKV-Jambo on 9/8 for 4N at Sheraton Vistana Resorts…..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter