Hurricane watch 2018

I'm still relatively calm, but I just found this thread and will be monitoring for the next week. We leave on the 15th too. It's BF's first visit so I'd really like the weather to be nice for it, but there are worse things in life than rain during my vacation. :confused3

I'm still relatively calm, but I just found this thread and will be monitoring for the next week. We leave on the 15th too. It's BF's first visit so I'd really like the weather to be nice for it, but there are worse things in life than rain during my vacation. :confused3

I agree -- I don't care if it rains all week. It's the potential for some rough sailing that I'm worried about

I agree -- I don't care if it rains all week. It's the potential for some rough sailing that I'm worried about

I think you have a more valid concern, being out on the water. I hope everything works out and all these storms stay the heck away from the Caribbean/Florida!

This is how I feel too - ideally the weather is great but really I just want to be able to go on my vacation, enjoy it and experience at least most of what I planned to experience. I think I'm going to make some backup plans for work in case I need to extend my stay a bit but I will continue to hope for the best...while checking the reports 4 times a day cause I'm a nerd like that. 8 days until we leave!

If it hadn't been for taking hits the past two years from Irma and Matthew, I would say the fact that the models for Florence have shifted my way a week out was a good sign it was going to miss me by a large margin. Still hoping for a recurve out to sea to come back into play.

Has DW itself commented on the hurricane's path? Are they preparing at all? Hopefully it just misses you guys

I think it is too soon for that, also, it appears a relative long shot that would head toward FL. Most of us worried here - I presume, please correct me, other posters, but it is true for me - are more concerned about travel snafus, cancellations and delays that may ensue because of Florence.

I think it is too soon for that, also, it appears a relative long shot that would head toward FL. Most of us worried here - I presume, please correct me, other posters, but it is true for me - are more concerned about travel snafus, cancellations and delays that may ensue because of Florence.
Correct...at least, that's why I'm here. I'm flying from New Hampshire on Thursday evening, so I think there are quite a few of us flying from the East coast next week who are worried about flights being delayed, cancelled, re-routed, etc.

Those of us in the direct path are sweating. I have spent the last two days making other plans to get there. We take the last flight out on Thursday night. The very day they are predicting we will see (if we see) Flo hit NC. So we spoke to the airline and they said they will send us a weather advisory. So we can change our flight to Wednesday at no charge. I also called WDW and we can add a day to our trip at the Pop. Second plan is I already reserved a rental mini van. We will pack it up and leave NC at noon on Thursday and return it at MCO Thursday night. Now...if FLO decides to move south...ut oh.

Yep, I’m flying from DC early Friday morning and am terrified we won’t be able to get down there. I’ll feel better once the forecasts firm up—it’s the uncertainty that’s getting to me!

I don't know who you are flying with...contact them and ask them what their weather advisory plans are.

Flying SW— if they issue an advisory we’ll go down early
We are flying Southwest too.

DH and I were watching The Weather Channel earlier. As of now basically all of the models have Florence hitting anywhere from Florida to Virginia, with the majority of them showing it hitting North Carolina.

They're sending the hurricane hunters in tonight so we should hopefully have more concrete info tomorrow.

We are flying Southwest too.

DH and I were watching The Weather Channel earlier. As of now basically all of the models have Florence hitting anywhere from Florida to Virginia, with the majority of them showing it hitting North Carolina.

They're sending the hurricane hunters in tonight so we should hopefully have more concrete info tomorrow.

We are in NC but not on the coast. We may very well cancel our trip now. Depending on how strong Flo gets will determine what we do. We are less than 2 hrs from the coast. We usually get a pretty nasty storm here with coastal hurricanes. I cant leave my house and pets with the risk of losing power, etc. Ughh.

Yep, I’m flying from DC early Friday morning and am terrified we won’t be able to get down there. I’ll feel better once the forecasts firm up—it’s the uncertainty that’s getting to me!
My brother is the same. He’s supposed to fly out of Dulles around 11 am and I’m worried if they will get cancelled or delayed. I hope not! I’m gonna try to chat with him today and see if he has any flexibility.

We are set to drive down Thursday am (around 3 am) from Va. we can leave earlier, but unfortunately the earliest we could leave is around 5 Wednesday evening. We don’t check in until Friday, so I don’t need to be down there immediately but I’m thinking my best bet at this point might be to leave ASAP Wednesday, drive 4-6 hours south (depending on track/traffic/etc) then find a spot to wait it out a bit and leave when things seem clear to still hopefully get down Friday. If it tracks further north we definitely will need to leave ASAP Wednesday just to get out of the way before it hits Here. Still a little to early to decide, but definitely time to start thinking of plans

I’m sorry for those of you in NC! :( I’ll be honest though, I hope it hits Wednesday and dissipates so I can get out Friday morning.

Just gotta wait and see.

Ok - I have been following all the news - STILL no idea of what we are going to do. We are supposed to fly out from NH on Wednesday evening - unless SW issues a travel advisory by Tuesday evening, I guess it’s a wait and see. Just worried and venting. Yes, we planned a trip during hurricane season knowingly - but when that’s the only time you can go, that’s when you book!

Ok - I have been following all the news - STILL no idea of what we are going to do. We are supposed to fly out from NH on Wednesday evening - unless SW issues a travel advisory by Tuesday evening, I guess it’s a wait and see. Just worried and venting. Yes, we planned a trip during hurricane season knowingly - but when that’s the only time you can go, that’s when you book!
I think you'll be ok. DH and I are considering switching our Thursday PM flight out of MHT to the same time on Wednesday since last we saw they were saying it would hit sometime Thursday.

We are in NC but not on the coast. We may very well cancel our trip now. Depending on how strong Flo gets will determine what we do. We are less than 2 hrs from the coast. We usually get a pretty nasty storm here with coastal hurricanes. I cant leave my house and pets with the risk of losing power, etc. Ughh.
Ugh, I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Then again...Flo could end up being a Tropical Depression by the time it gets here, which isn't much different than a strong thunderstorm.

Ugh, I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Then again...Flo could end up being a Tropical Depression by the time it gets here, which isn't much different than a strong thunderstorm.

Latest from the Washington Post said it’s expected to be a cat 3 Hurricane....hopefully not!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter