Hyatt MCO-$505!!

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to book the Hyatt the night before our April 20th Fantasy cruise & can’t find anything cheaper than $500. What is going on that weekend? Seems like a ridiculous price. I’ve booked before with prices between $110 & $350- never that high.

dk

It’s the beginning of school break for some in New England states…

I’m trying to book the Hyatt the night before our April 20th Fantasy cruise & can’t find anything cheaper than $500. What is going on that weekend? Seems like a ridiculous price. I’ve booked before with prices between $110 & $350- never that high.

dk
Had the same issue looking for April 25. We’re staying at Pop.

I'm having the same trouble with hotels in NYC for that week. It's school vacation week for a lot of people, unfortunately. :(

You might want to see what the price is if you book through Disney as a pre-cruise stay. I was pleasantly surprised how much less it was to book through Disney instead of through Hyatt. Good luck!

You might want to see what the price is if you book through Disney as a pre-cruise stay. I was pleasantly surprised how much less it was to book through Disney instead of through Hyatt. Good luck!
I tried- no available Disney bookings at theHyatt

We are going to WDW 4/17-4/24. I do know there is a race that weekend at Disney. I don’t know how many people attend it, but I honestly didn’t notice anything different in prices of flights or anything.

There can be 12,000 to 16,000 runners in a race so add the families and you have a lot of people for the weekend

Do you know how much it "costs" in points? Sometimes it's less to use points although I am not sure if Hyatt has started dynamic pricing on points redemption.

LAX

For our last trip in December, the airport Hyatt was over $350/night. I went ahead and booked a Hyatt north of the airport for around $160/night. We were going to pick up a car rental the next morning at the airport, but I was able to get it that night for the same price (arrived at midnight). I believe the couple checking in before us, arranged for the free shuttle back to the airport to get their rental.

Check out the ships in port with you. That‘s pushing 17K cruisers.

And other people, those on business trips, also like the convenience.

IMG_6935.jpeg

We loved the convenience of the MCO Hyatt for an arrival near midnight, but there are other good hotels nearby at half that price or less.

Good luck.

There's a Hyatt Place with a free shuttle to the airport. You could price that one out and then just take DCL transport from the "airport" vs. from "Hyatt." We did that prior to one cruise once when the MCO Hyatt was outrageous.

Easter is the end of March and Spring breaks are over. That Hyatt is a convention hotel that’s why prices can fluctuate so much from week to week.. There is probably something going on at the hotel that weekend.

https://heatconvention.com/2023/05/orlando-fl-2024/

There’s your answer. I would suggest looking for another hotel.

Last edited:
I just paid $500 for the night before our cruise in January! And not around a holiday. I realized we could have stayed at a WDW resort and paid for the uber to WDW and saved a lot of money. It was fun and convenient but I would have stayed at WDW if I had to do it over.

Easter is the end of March and Spring breaks are over. That Hyatt is a convention hotel that’s why prices can fluctuate so much from week to week.. There is probably something going on at the hotel that weekend.

https://heatconvention.com/2023/05/orlando-fl-2024/

There’s your answer. I would suggest looking for another hotel.
Spring break in the northeast (and possibly elsewhere) happens in April. This year, it's April 15-19 (April 13-21 including the weekends) where I am. So, that would impact an April 20 hotel stay. It's also messing with my April 18 hotel booking!

Yeah that’s about what we paid too. I don’t think that’s atypical. Our flight was getting in after 10pm and with three little kids the convenience of getting them in bed quick was the deciding factor.

I just paid $500 for the night before our cruise in January! And not around a holiday. I realized we could have stayed at a WDW resort and paid for the uber to WDW and saved a lot of money. It was fun and convenient but I would have stayed at WDW if I had to do it over.
That’s exactly what I did. We arrive around 9pm so I wanted to just stay at the airport but Hyatt was 550 and the other airport hotels were over 300 so we are staying at Pop for $202 (and that’s after tax).

It was $574 for our overnight Feb 15th 🤮 But we're landing around 1am and flying out again around 11:30am, so I just cried a little as I booked it.

There are about a dozen hotels right off MCO property on Augusta National Drive. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport....(and the Disney Cruise bus stop) and most of those hotels also include a free breakfast for a lot less money. We stayed at the Marriott.

Spring break in the northeast (and possibly elsewhere) happens in April. This year, it's April 15-19 (April 13-21 including the weekends) where I am. So, that would impact an April 20 hotel stay. It's also messing with my April 18 hotel booking!
I grew up with Easter Break being the week before Easter for public schools, and the week after Easter for parochial schools. But now days, it is called Spring Break it can be any week in March or April, or in some cases, schools at taking two weeks.
And don't try to go to Disneyland President's Day week because many public school districts here take President's Day WEEK off, not just the Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter