Hyperspace Mountain Refurbishment August 12th and 14th

Not only are August 12th and 14th still showing Hyperspace Mountain refurbishment, but August 28th now shows the same thing. No refurbishment on the 27th or 29th. I find this all very strange. Why would they close the ride on three separate days in August?

Not only are August 12th and 14th still showing Hyperspace Mountain refurbishment, but August 28th now shows the same thing. No refurbishment on the 27th or 29th. I find this all very strange. Why would they close the ride on three separate days in August?
'
Either it is some form of maintenance they need to do on it since it will be running through the Halloween season and not going down for Ghost Galaxy...

OR...

It's just a random data entry fluke.

Hard to say.

Can someone explain what HyperSpace Mountain is? And how common it is? I wonder if it's different from what we rode last summer?

Can someone explain what HyperSpace Mountain is? And how common it is? I wonder if it's different from what we rode last summer?

Was your ride last summer themed to Star Wars? If so, that was Hyperspace Mountain. If not, it was the classic version of Space Mountain. The music of the Star Wars movies would be the biggest giveaway to which version you rode...

Last edited:
Was your ride last summer themed to Star Wars? If so, that was Hyperspace Moutnain. If not, it was the classic version of Space Mountain. The music of the Star Wars movies would be the biggest giveaway to which version you rode...

Ah, no, it wasn't! Got it, thanks!

Although Hyperspace Mountain is still shown on the calendar for refurbishment on Monday the 12th and Wednesday the 28th, it has now been removed from the calendar on Wednesday the 14th. I guess it really was just a glitch that took them a long time to fix.

ETA: Strangley, on the Hyperspace Mountain page, it says, "Hyperspace Mountain will be closed for refurbishment on August 12, 14 and 28, 2019." So I'm not sure what is correct.

Although Hyperspace Mountain is still shown on the calendar for refurbishment on Monday the 12th and Wednesday the 28th, it has now been removed from the calendar on Wednesday the 14th. I guess it really was just a glitch that took them a long time to fix.

ETA: Strangley, on the Hyperspace Mountain page, it says, "Hyperspace Mountain will be closed for refurbishment on August 12, 14 and 28, 2019." So I'm not sure what is correct.
Wow, so confusing. We were originally going in parks only 12th and 14th, then because of this changed to 13th and 14th so we can have 1 day on the ride. Now not sure what to do. Even if I call I think they only go by what the site says so not sure what info is true!

Wow, so confusing. We were originally going in parks only 12th and 14th, then because of this changed to 13th and 14th so we can have 1 day on the ride. Now not sure what to do. Even if I call I think they only go by what the site says so not sure what info is true!
You should be good to ride on the 13th. The dates haven't changed the calendar and attraction page are just showing different information.

The saga of the weird refurbishment schedule for Hyperspace Mountain continues. The daily calendar now says it will be closed on Aug 26th along with the 12th and 28th.

However, the attraction page still says Aug 12th, 14th, and 28th.

The saga of the weird refurbishment schedule for Hyperspace Mountain continues. The daily calendar now says it will be closed on Aug 26th along with the 12th and 28th.

However, the attraction page still says Aug 12th, 14th, and 28th.
I emailed and they said to go by the attraction page. So confusing!

Absolutely nothing official, but based on the number of times it was down during our trip I wonder if they are making some repairs to address those problems. If they are shutting down for multiple 1 day events it would make me think there are replacement parts being installed but that is pure speculation on my part.

Well, here's another update. The attractions page has followed the calendar, and now it says the closures will be August 12th, 26th, and 28th. So the 14th has been completely removed from both.

Well, here's another update. The attractions page has followed the calendar, and now it says the closures will be August 12th, 26th, and 28th. So the 14th has been completely removed from both.

I guess that's still better than being closed straight through Aug 12-28?

Sounds very odd. My daughter is really looking forward to going on the DL version of Space Mtn. Last time she was there it was closed for Ghost Galaxy overlay, as was HM. We had gone early Sept.
This trip our first park day is Aug 12. I’d be happy if it was Hyperspace!

Okay so I'm slightly freaking out. I've never been able to experience Hyperspace Mountain even though Space Mountain is one of my favorite rides. I'm surprising my husband with a trip for 2 days in September on the 18th and 19th. When I go to the entertainment schedule on the app it will only show me up to the 17th. On the website, I get an error message for the 18th, but the 19th seems to be working. The 19th is showing that Hyperspace Mountain will be down for refurbishment! I'm curious as to why since they are not doing Ghost Galaxy. I'm also worried it will be down on the 18th too and we will miss it! Any ideas???

Thanks!

The DIsneyland.com website now has this note:

Maybe (hopefully) you just happened to be looking at the same time that they were updating the calendar because when I selected the 18th, it shows normal hours:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter