"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Me, too! And mine is over two years away! I'm hoping for Disneyland... :hyper:
Ooooh, nice! :hyper: My graduation feels both really close and really far away. I've been talking to my advisor about my "culminating experience" since I "only" have four more classes to go. But... since I'm taking only one course a semester, I'm in the downhill swing but it's really more of a slow crawl - nothing like the fast-moving boulder catching up to Indiana Jones :rotfl:

I have fallen way behind again and haven't quite caught up yet. I'm up to your Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner!

No worries, I got a little update-happy there for a while! It seems you may have some time to catch up though if things continue as they have been. Just when I think I'll have time for another update, I find something else I need to do. It'll be a miracle if this August trip report is done before we take our NEXT August trip!

Uhmmmm, this might possibly be my favorite giraffe picture posted on a trip report!!! That's an amazing shot.

Thank you! It was 100% luck, because we were bouncing around and I was just snapping away. I'm really pleased with it!

I started doing this last summer, and it's such a better deal! When I saw Landon and Evie getting two sides with their entree, along with a drink, I realized I was missing a great savings opportunity. Glad it worked out well for you, as well!

It's such a great deal! Sometimes half the price, for what was always enough food for someone with my appetite, and sometimes even too much food! I also discovered a secret love for go-go squeeze apple sauce after I had one in my snack box following the runDisney 5K we did, and so any excuse to order a meal that comes with one is a good thing! :laughing:

Sorry to hear Jiko was a big letdown. But thankfully Rose and Crown and Boma made up for that.

We definitely did well in terms of dining experiences on this trip, so Jiko was really just a blip on the radar. Hopefully someday we'll get back and have a better experience there.

Your Splash shirt is awesome.

Thank you! It's definitely one of my favourites!

As a fellow Canadian, Marineland is a right of passage... It will be a massive let down after disney, but something everyone must do!

I totally expect it to be far below any expectations I might have for it...but I'm still excited to finally cross it off the list! :hyper:

Now I know why you got excited when I mentioned our May trip :) Sorry we aren't overlapping but hey......there's always August!

I have never heard of Marineland or African Lion Safari, but then again having lived in NY my whole life I've never made it to Niagra Falls. African Lion Safari sounds interesting though since I love me some kitties :cat::cat:

I just want to pop in here and apologize for my continued absence. Every once in a while, a few times in our lives, we all will likely go through shattering things that completely turn our lives upside down. One of my moments like this has just happened very recently. Fortunately, all of the people I love and cherish most are all healthy and safe. This is the most important thing, and for that, I'm grateful. But beyond this, life has taken a nasty turn, and it will take some time and a lot of work to get back to something that feels close to normal. I have no idea how much Dis-ing will take place for me in the near future. I may spend time here and find it therapeutic, or I may find myself being pulled away for some time. This is also why I'm behind on a lot of your lovely TRs! I will be catching up and reading, and "liking," but I don't think I'll have it in me to do too much commenting. Be patient, and I'm sure the rest of this TR will get completed in time. In the meantime, I'm thankful to you for all of your continued stories, comments, and friendship! :hug:

If anyone is wondering what might be helpful for me at this time... of course, as in any tough time, I probably wouldn't say no to any cute pictures or gifs that you'd like to provide on this thread. :goodvibes

Oh man, I'm so sorry!

Maybe these can help you smile, if even for a moment!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about that, hon. Take all the time you need, the DIS will be here waiting with open arms for you to come back. We totally understand that you need to do what's best for you.

Here's some gifs for you...

giphy.gif

princessfrog_babycharlotte.gif

anigif_original-19582-1444839746-1.gif

tumblr_p3un3shkF61u7kojuo1_500.gif

Every once in a while, a few times in our lives, we all will likely go through shattering things that completely turn our lives upside down. One of my moments like this has just happened very recently.

:hug:

Sorry to hear this Meghan. I hope that whatever you are going through right now soon eases.

Fortunately, all of the people I love and cherish most are all healthy and safe.

Hmmm....

You left out one very important person... yourself.
I hope you're okay and if you're not, that you soon will be.

I don't think I'll have it in me to do too much commenting.

And that's okay. I write TRs for myself and for others. I hope to see comments because that lets me know someone's reading. But... But life happens and I totally understand that the DIS is not necessarily the only thing in the world and frequently far from the most important.

We'll keep writing, you just sit back and enjoy if you like... or ignore as you need to. We'll still be here. :hug:

If anyone is wondering what might be helpful for me at this time... of course, as in any tough time, I probably wouldn't say no to any cute pictures or gifs that you'd like to provide on this thread. :goodvibes

Hmmm.... cute? How about...

smarch-madness-3.gif

smarch-madness-21.gif

smarch-madness-8.gif

st-pattys-shirk-14.gif

st-pattys-shirk-12.gif

st-pattys-shirk-2.gif

bye-janicia-17.gif

sure-kuh-25.gif

be-my-shirkentine-5.gif

februalready-4.gif

I hope your troubles are outnumbered soon by happy moments and things that make you smile instead!! We'll be here whenever you feel like checking in/escaping reality!

I'm so sorry girl. I'm in the trenches right now with some hard stuff and I know how hard it can be to see a light at the end of the tunnel. But I'm going to tell you what my friends are telling me, and what I know deep down is true: This too shall pass.

I'm sending hugs and lots of Disney love. Hoping that things get a whole lot better really, really fast for you. :hug: Thinking of you lots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter