I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! Aug. '14 TR Updated 7/12

Sigh! I don't know which I want more right now- to be eating a churro or to be watching that parade :confused3 Oh wait yes I do-I want to watch the parade because then I'd have to be in MK which means I could nip round and get a churro anytime I fancied it :lmao:
Must confess I have never tasted either a dole whip :sad2: or a corn dog nugget:sad: but the treat tray looked good even if a little melty :thumbsup2
Fantastic photos as always Franklin :thumbsup2

That does sound pretty lovely - to be chilling in/by the pool as the monorail goes around and you can see the Contemporary in the distance. Sounds like a nice morning all around.

I always approve of any audible that involves getting a Dole Whip :thumbsup2

Love Franklin's photos of the parade - the colors all looks so vibrant!

That's cool that Anna was doing the robot - I liked when she did that to "stall" during the Frozen Sing-along :goodvibes

YEA!!! All caught up!!!
Ok, so going back a bit, that pic with the CM looking at her watch was kinda funny... Oh and the Oogey Boogey show looked creepy more than entertaining. hahahaha!! Cant wait to hear more!! :cool1:

I've lurked on a bunch of your TR. Love Franklin's pics!! We stayed at the GF in 2008 for our anniversary. We got upgraded to a Tourette room and CL. It was needless to say one of our best trips ever!!! I have a picture with Richard in the front of the resort when we checked in. Lol
Looks like you had a great time in August. August really is a great time to go. We've been in August 3x and the crowds are so low, we hardly needed FP. Well that was before FP+ .

I thought it was so funny reading how Franklin was telling everyone to save room for Ohana hahaha! I've heard that before. We've learned our lesson and never have a sit down lunch if we have Ohana for dinner.

Pool days are so nice :) I've heard the pool area at GF is really great!

OMG Festival of Fantasy is just amazing. I'm totally obsessed. I think I may have taken more pictures of it than the rest of our trip combined...

Loving your report and such amazing pictures. I'm sure this has been asked, but what camera are you using?

oooohhhh I love that Merida so much! We didn't catch the parade in September, I'm a little sad we didn't because it does look so cool! Lovely photos as usual!

Love the new blog, guys!! :thumbsup2

Franklin made some excellent food choices -- that benedict - YUM! Only to be followed by a churro and a dole whip...double YUM!

So fun that you got to meet up with Katt for FoF -- that's a fabulous parade!

So fun to just jump on the monorail to get a snack and watch a parade :thumbsup2 I agree that is a great perk of staying at a monorail resort.

:rotfl: at your Prince Philip/Maleficent comment. I have to admit I barely noticed him when I saw the parade.

What a perfect day at the GF. I've never stayed nor seen the pool, will have to check it out. Lounging pool side with the monorail whizzing by sounds oh so cool. And then a quick monorail trip to the parks for a snack. Priceless

Love the impromptu FoF, what a great coup and of course the pics.

DSC_9891-L.jpg

We went to see Diagon Alley for the first time on our December trip and were blown away by the detail. We live in London, go through Kings Cross a fair amount and the detail was just jaw dropping. Even the uniforms are detail perfect. A couple of things did bother me though, and this is me being hugely picky. The train is amazing, but could they have got a better actress to do Hermione's voice? terrible. And the video of London - all the landmarks are seriously out of place.

We were lucky that it was a pretty quiet day when we were there and went on Gringott's a few times. We were underwhelmed on our first ride, it felt very much abbreviated. the second ride was much better where we were in the back row of the second car. The next ride was back on the front row and...meh. :fish:It has some amazing elements but could have been so much better. Still, I'll be riding again when we're next out there, where as I find Transformers to be a waste of my time; a clone of Spiderman & I buy into the other story more.

I hope you got to explore the Simpson's area in December, its such a fun area.

I have to agree with you about the GF beach pool. The location and the views are perfect. This pool alone would be reason enough to stay at the VGF some day. :lovestruc

We last left off with Franklin’s fabulous first viewing of Festival of Fantasy.

DSC_0581-L.jpg

We had a bit more time left before we would have to head back to the resort, so we chose a couple of park favorites to enjoy. Up first? Jungle Cruise.

DSC_0393-L.jpg

DSC_0390-L.jpg

DSC_0393-L.jpg

DSC_0396-L.jpg

DSC_0401-L.jpg

DSC_0409-L.jpg

Watch out for Ginger, she snaps.

DSC_0412-L.jpg

DSC_0413-L.jpg

DSC_0430-L.jpg

DSC_0432-L.jpg

DSC_0437-L.jpg

DSC_0441-L.jpg

We then moseyed over to another Magic Kingdom classic, Haunted Mansion.

DSC_0447-L.jpg

DSC_0456-L.jpg

DSC_0459-L.jpg

DSC_0472-L.jpg

DSC_0481-L.jpg

DSC_0486-L.jpg

DSC_0495-L.jpg

DSC_0510-L.jpg

There are just so many details in the attic. You can ride this ride 1,000 times and find something new each time.

DSC_0517-L.jpg

DSC_0521-L.jpg

DSC_0523-L.jpg

DSC_0537-L.jpg

DSC_0547-L.jpg

DSC_0556-L.jpg

DSC_0565-L.jpg

DSC_0571-L.jpg

We meandered my way toward the front of the park…

DSC_0573-L.jpg

(Did I mention how crowd-free the park was? It was glorious)

DSC_0584-L.jpg

DSC_0585-L.jpg

DSC_0587-L.jpg

DSC_0588-L.jpg

… and monorailed back to Grand Floridian.

DSC_0589-L.jpg

DSC_0592-L.jpg

DSC_0594-L.jpg

We cut through the pool area to get back to the villas.

DSC_0595-L.jpg

We needed to change for dinner, we have some big Irish fun coming up!

love the classic rides and great to ride them back-to-back. Great picture of Madam Leota!

Can never get enough photos of the GF floors

No shock here, but what PHENOMENAL pictures of the Haunted Mansion! My favorites are the hitchhiking ghosts and the graveyard caretaker. Fantastic! :thumbsup2

The Grand Floridian really is beautiful. I'm actually pretty excited about staying there in May.

Great pics of the classics. Those are some of the best HM pics I've ever seen.

Can't believe the crowds were so light. Don't think I've ever seen that.

Can't wait to see how the Irish eyes will treat ya

Awwww the Jungle Cruise! As DLR vets, we preferred MK's version. Haunted Mansion was equal. We loved that it was different than DL's -- especially the library.

Hi friends! I know, it's been a very long time between chapters. Franklin and I have been spending a good chunk of our free time getting our blog Magic of Main Street up and going.
I've actually been posting trip report chapters over there. I promise I will import them here for those of you who enjoy reading them on the Dis. But if you don't want to wait, here are the links to the new chapters:

An Evening That Hits All the Right Notes

Ding, Ding, Ding Goes the Trolley

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho It's Off to Lunch We Go

An Afternoon that Gets Seriously Silly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter