I can't be the only one! (December use year)

CraigInPA

Since June 1974
I have a December use year. That means my 2024 use year, as I understand it, starts on December 1, 2024 and runs until November 31, 2025. My dashboard says that I have 221 points available in the 2024 use year, which is correct. Six points are banked 2023 BLT points, and 215 are from a BLT contact for 2024.

But, when I go to book a January 2025 trip for 183 points, the online booking tool fails. It says I have 6 points available for 2024, and wants the other 177 points from 2025! At the bottom, it then asks if I want to bank 2023 points (there are no 2023 points left to bank).

I alerted them to this problem in 2022, and it's still happening in 2024. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I also have a December use year and have never had the problem you mention, including when reserving January dates (which I have often done) that include points I have banked.

I have a December use year. That means my 2024 use year, as I understand it, starts on December 1, 2024 and runs until November 31, 2025. My dashboard says that I have 221 points available in the 2024 use year, which is correct. Six points are banked 2023 BLT points, and 215 are from a BLT contact for 2024.

But, when I go to book a January 2025 trip for 183 points, the online booking tool fails. It says I have 6 points available for 2024, and wants the other 177 points from 2025! At the bottom, it then asks if I want to bank 2023 points (there are no 2023 points left to bank).

I alerted them to this problem in 2022, and it's still happening in 2024. Anyone else have a similar problem?
We have a Dec UY and have had no issue booking for January and using 2024 points (did this yesterday).

It may be your account. I booked my January trip using my Dec UY points and it didn't have an issue.

Do you have more than one contract in that membership? Are they all checked when you go to book? Since you are booking a home resort, it can't be a restricted vs. unrestricted issue.

I have Dec UY, but haven't tried to reserve anything for Jan. I hope I don't run into the same issue when I do, though.

LAX

No transferred points. Three contracts in the same use year, two direct and one resale, all of which say that I need to borrow 2025 points to complete the reservation.

Nope I have December UY and three contracts in the one account and never had a problem booking, even in January.

Maybe it is just a new DVC resale purchaser restriction.

One more twist to the story... It doesn't do it on the phone version of the website. It appears to be a UI issue where, on the laptop/desktop version of the website, the last line of the "select the contract" boxes that contain the number of current year points is missing/invisible. Seems like a problem with the web page's style sheet or the size of the box treatment (lack of scroll bar).

One more twist to the story... It doesn't do it on the phone version of the website. It appears to be a UI issue where, on the laptop/desktop version of the website, the last line of the "select the contract" boxes that contain the number of current year points is missing/invisible. Seems like a problem with the web page's style sheet or the size of the box treatment (lack of scroll bar).
Does that mean you were able to book with the phone then?

I had the exact same problem and also have December UY. It kept telling me I didn’t have enough points. However, after trying a second time, I still got the message but it let me proceed.

@CraigInPA Have you tried clearing the cache on your laptop?

I'm not having a DEC UY but I always use "private" mode on my laptop, just to avoid any cookies or similar that can mess up my booking experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter