• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I challenge you--help me find cheap rates at Royal Pacific!

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
I have read that people have stayed onsite at Universal for as low at $129 a night. The lowest I can find is $199.00 a night.

Here is a challenge for you!!.......

We are going Aug 23-26. Family of four, kids are 9 and 12.

Who can find me a cheap rate?? Lets make a contest out of it!

(because I am Canadian, I can't get Lowes rates, but do have CAA)

Ready? GO!!!
Thanks!

I have read that people have stayed onsite at Universal for as low at $129 a night. The lowest I can find is $199.00 a night.

We are going Aug 23-36. Family of four, kids are 9 and 12.

Ready? GO!!!
Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by being Cdn. that you can't get Loew's rates (Lowes is similar to Home Depot). For your dates, AAA is showing as being unavailable at the hotel site but the ama site is showing availability at 167.20 and the APH rate is still higher than the supersaver which is currently 178. I would book at the ama site now to guarantee your room and then monitor rates.

I'm Canadian too and the only rates we can't get are the Florida rates.

Call and ask about the blocked view rooms. Sometimes they are quite cheap.

What I would do is just call Loews (Lowes is the big box store like Home Depot) and ask them for all their rates including annual pass. Then weigh your options and price out the differences with having to purchase one annual pass.

Ready? GO!!!
Thanks!

I wish I could find a rate of $129 as well. Granted, Florida Resident rate for this coming weekend is $159 for a standard, but we booked a waterview/king for $189.

Still, if I could find a rate of $129 we would be all over it :thumbsup2

just a FYI

http://lowes.com is the home store in the US just like Home Depot.

http://loews.com is the company that owns or perhaps owned the three hotels at Universal and movie theaters. (formerly in City Walk)

They are not connected at all.

you are mixing companies when you say you can't get Loews or Lowes but can get CAA. Our AAA is the same as your CAA. There is no reason as far as I can tell that you can't get Loews rates.

BTW $199 US for Universal is not bad.

I get $178 per night at http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels/Royal-Pacific-Resort/Overview.aspx
Loews web site for RPR.

just a FYI

http://lowes.com is the home store in the US just like Home Depot.

http://loews.com is the company that owns or perhaps owned the three hotels at Universal and movie theaters. (formerly in City Walk)

They are not connected at all.

you are mixing companies when you say you can't get Loews or Lowes but can get CAA. Our AAA is the same as your CAA. There is no reason as far as I can tell that you can't get Loews rates.

BTW $199 US for Universal is not bad.

I get $178 per night at http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels/Royal-Pacific-Resort/Overview.aspx
Loews web site for RPR.

Haha. I told her that in my post!!! We also have two Loews hotels in Canada but they are not in Alberta, so she may never had heard of them.

Yeh, but now everyone is getting repetitive, I told her about Lowes/Loews in the first response to her thread. I think she has the message by now. I'm still seeing 178 for the super savers rate for your dates so I don't know if my computer is messing up or if alamo mom's is. I still think you should book now at the best rate you can find and get the rate adjusted if lower rates become available.

Thanks to you all!

I have never heard of Loews, I thought it was Lowes!!:lmao: :lmao: Thought it was maybe like getting the Costco discounts. OK, I am embarassed!:rolleyes1

I did see $167 on the CAA site. I am too cheap to book it though. I really want too, but I can't decide. Is it worth an extra $100 to stay onsite??

Super Savings Rate comes up at $167 a night. I'm not sure where you would stay for $67 a night but staying at Universal on-site is absolutely worth it to my family. That's not to say it is for everyone. You wouldnt have to rent a car and pay parking fees or transportation fees to and from the parks. Not to mention the wonderful hotel express. The property is a deluxe and it reflects that in all aspects.

If you decided not to go this route try and figure your actual costs for staying off-site and go from here. The parks should get quieter around your dates so express would not be extremely necessary. I would guess the $167 rate may go down if occupancy isnt up by a certain date. Keep checking your dates.

Thanks to you all!

I have never heard of Loews, I thought it was Lowes!!:lmao: :lmao: Thought it was maybe like getting the Costco discounts. OK, I am embarassed!:rolleyes1

I did see $167 on the CAA site. I am too cheap to book it though. I really want too, but I can't decide. Is it worth an extra $100 to stay onsite??
I checked out your trip report for WDW last year and there are a few things you mention in the report that tell me that the extra cost will be well worth it to you. I will skip the issue with mousekeeping as .... happens. You mentioned that you found the room at ASM a little on the small side for your family. The rooms at RPR are apx. 335 sq. ft compared to ASM's 260 so you should have lots of room. You also mentioned repeating rides that you enjoyed and fotl would prove invaluable in doing just that. Although the mornings will be fairly quiet during your stay, by early afternoon, lines will form and they will be long for the water rides which based on your love of WDW's water rides you'll enjoy. Finally, your kids are a great age for pool hopping (I know unheard of @ WDW!) over to HRH. I'm guessing that the $'s aren't nearly as important as getting the most out of your vacation (based on all those trips you've taken) and am confident that if you stay onsite, you will never regret it.

Ready? GO!!!
Thanks!

i love typos........

i first thought you meant loews and did a typo
and then i thought the date of the 36th was going into september.
but it's 26, right...?

i think you have been giving some great advice.
book now with the caa and check or call to see if rates drop.
if the rooms do not fill up, that is a possiblity for a drop.

school starts back on august 22 for the locals and most people are heading back home the fourth week of august.

ok, who won the prize for the best rates for you??

I checked out your trip report for WDW last year and there are a few things you mention in the report that tell me that the extra cost will be well worth it to you. I will skip the issue with mousekeeping as .... happens. You mentioned that you found the room at ASM a little on the small side for your family. The rooms at RPR are apx. 335 sq. ft compared to ASM's 260 so you should have lots of room. You also mentioned repeating rides that you enjoyed and fotl would prove invaluable in doing just that. Although the mornings will be fairly quiet during your stay, by early afternoon, lines will form and they will be long for the water rides which based on your love of WDW's water rides you'll enjoy. Finally, your kids are a great age for pool hopping (I know unheard of @ WDW!) over to HRH. I'm guessing that the $'s aren't nearly as important as getting the most out of your vacation (based on all those trips you've taken) and am confident that if you stay onsite, you will never regret it.

I just went back and read my trip report to remind me of what I said! Ahhhh, the memories it brings back.:goodvibes

I think I am going to go ahead and book Onsite.
We are staying Value at WDW again to save money, so why not splurge a bit at US for our first time!

Thanks for all your help, off to check rates one more time!
:)

I think I am going to go ahead and book Onsite.
We are staying Value at WDW again to save money, so why not splurge a bit at US for our first time!

Thanks for all your help, off to check rates one more time!
:)

Actually if you put in perspective, you're not splurging if you book that rate at the 167.00. You and your family will be staying in a very nice, onsite resort with all the perks that Universal offers for about the same price of a Moderate at WDW. I'm a firm believer in staying on site when I go to WDW and I save my money to stay at the Polynesian. It's outrageous price wise, but my family and I consider it an important part of our vacation. It's getting to the point though if Disney keeps raising their rates, it makes better financial sense to book a Universal resort and spilt your time between WDW and Universal. My point is, I would rather book a room at the Royal Pacific with the 167.00 rate and drive between the parks, then stay in a WDW value resort for a 100 bucks a night. Think about the FOTL and the pool hopping you get when you stay there.

I've been checking out all of the Universal resorts and there have been some great deals to be had and they seem a lot better than what Disney has offered me at times. I'm not a resort snob, but I refuse to pay more than 45 to 50 bucks a night to stay in a Disney value resort. I've been inside them and they just don't work for my family. They feel like a Motel 6 with Disney decorations. WDW once quoted me 110.00 a night for the privilege of staying at POP and I just didn't think it was a good deal, IMHO.

I'm staying at the PBH with a AAA rate and if all goes well and the rates stay affordable, I may become a frequent guest.

Actually if you put in perspective, you're not splurging if you book that rate at the 167.00. You and your family will be staying in a very nice, onsite resort with all the perks that Universal offers for about the same price of a Moderate at WDW. I'm a firm believer in staying on site when I go to WDW and I save my money to stay at the Polynesian. It's outrageous price wise, but my family and I consider it an important part of our vacation. It's getting to the point though if Disney keeps raising their rates, it makes better financial sense to book a Universal resort and spilt your time between WDW and Universal. My point is, I would rather book a room at the Royal Pacific with the 167.00 rate and drive between the parks, then stay in a WDW value resort for a 100 bucks a night. Think about the FOTL and the pool hopping you get when you stay there.

I've been checking out all of the Universal resorts and there have been some great deals to be had and they seem a lot better than what Disney has offered me at times. I'm not a resort snob, but I refuse to pay more than 45 to 50 bucks a night to stay in a Disney value resort. I've been inside them and they just don't work for my family. They feel like a Motel 6 with Disney decorations. WDW once quoted me 110.00 a night for the privilege of staying at POP and I just didn't think it was a good deal, IMHO.

I'm staying at the PBH with a AAA rate and if all goes well and the rates stay affordable, I may become a frequent guest.

ITA. I am as big a Disney fan as there is, but their resort prices are getting way out of hand. I have been searching for months and have yet to find a price at the true deluxes for less than $280 (standard room/ no view). Not to mention, my dream has always been to stay at the Grand Floridian, but I just cannot justify spending $380 on a bed to sleep in.

I have stayed at 1 Disney value (wont do that again, as it is just like a Motel 6 with Disney decorations) and all 3 moderates (love them all, but ready to try something new). Well since we have stayed at all the moderates and refuse to pay the Disney Deluxe prices, we will be staying at Royal Pacific this weekend...our first onsite stay as US. :cool1:

Well, I did it.
I booked today at the Royal Pacific!!:cool1:

I got it for $167 a night ($188 with taxes).

I called Loews direct, and asked for the AAA rate.
I still feel a bit cheap, and am struggling with paying that much, (even though that is a great deal) but I am very excited to be staying onsite!

Hard, because that 3 nights at RP is equal to 6 nights at Pop!

Still, we are very excited! This is our first time to Universal Orlando, so happy to make it special.

Thanks so much for all your help and input:flower3:

Well, I did it.
I booked today at the Royal Pacific!!:cool1:

I got it for $167 a night ($188 with taxes).

I called Loews direct, and asked for the AAA rate.
I still feel a bit cheap, and am struggling with paying that much, (even though that is a great deal) but I am very excited to be staying onsite!

Hard, because that 3 nights at RP is equal to 6 nights at Pop!

Still, we are very excited! This is our first time to Universal Orlando, so happy to make it special.

Thanks so much for all your help and input:flower3:

Are you doing Universal or Disney first? Try not to compare the two hotels you may be paying more for RPR but it is a deluxe all the way! Hope you enjoy it!

Are you doing Universal or Disney first? Try not to compare the two hotels you may be paying more for RPR but it is a deluxe all the way! Hope you enjoy it!

We are doing Royal Pacific for 3 nights, then Pop for 7 nights.

So if we do compare, I am sure RPR will win out!:laughing:

We stayed at ASMovies last year, and decided to do a Value again this year. Because we go to the parks right at opening and come home right at closing, we didn't want to spend the extra money for a mod or deluxe just for showering and sleeping!

Some family of ours is staying at Caribbean Beach though, so looking forward to going over there to visit them and see how the "mods" live!:)

Now you just have to train yourself to get out of the park commando mode. You are really going to notice a difference in park touring with how close the hotels are and fotl. Take your time, there's no rush to be there at opening and return to the hotel for breaks if you start to tire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter