I Chose These Restaurants- What do u think???

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:drinking1 :drinking1 :cheer2: updated!
I FINALLY think I have my restaurants in order for October. :cutie:
and will call soon to make my PS's.

What do you all think? Any changes to make? :confused3:
9days/8 nites

Breakfast at:
Mostly hotel, except for 1 day at Boma (is this a waste of $ ?)
Question: Should we SKIP lunch and just eat dinner?? What time should we eat dinner? :confused:

LUNCHES AT:
Flame Tree BBQ
Plaza Restaurant
Sci Fi Dine In
Beaches & Cream Soda Shoppe
3 counter lunches (Universal, Typhoon Lag, & off-site day)

DINNERS AT: :flower1:
Liberty Tree Tavern (2x)
Ohana (1 x)
Rainforest Cafe (1x)
Cape May Clambake Cafe for Dinner (instead of epcot country) (1x)
Boma (1x)
1900 Park Fare (1x)

International Drive Area (when we are by Universal) Dinners at:
Wild Jack's BBQ (Intl Drive) Maybe?
The Crab House @ Mercado :hyper:

:wave: Thank you for reading my post! I hope you respond!

While I have not eaten at many of the restaurants listed, I have a few recommendations-- you say that you are planning to eat at 'Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern twice--why not do Kona in place of one of your 'Ohana dinners (it is probably my fave. restaurant in WDW, along with many others!) and Crystal Palace in place of one of your reservations at LTT--I ate there on my last trip and we had a wonderfully magical character buffet dinner there--great selection and food quality, nice waiters, close to the castle... just an idea. I also think that you should do a country in the WS rather than the restaurant in FW-- I have heard great things about LeCellier and the Rose&Crown...most of the restaurants are excellent, so I would choose the food that appeals to you most-- or even walk to the BW and try out Flying Fish or Spoodles (I loved both)! Have a great trip ::MickeyMo

mariamouse

Your selection looks great! As far as your Epcot meal is concerned, I would do LeCellier! It is one of our favorites and offers a little bit for everyone!...Oh yeah, love the atmosphere too!

I absolutely loved the Boma breakfast!!! I probably got my money's worth in pineapple alone! I probably ate two whole pineapples -- it was so delicious! The meats, omelettes, and pap was really good too!

Had a good time at Sci-Fi, but you have to remember that you're paying for theming more than food. The burger and fries were good, but not exceptional, but the atmosphere made it worth it in my book!

Beaches & Cream was definitely a good lunch! The burgers were typical, but the desserts were amazing! Definitely save room! If you can, get the Hotwire lunch vouchers, because they save you tons at B&C.

Rainforest was typical Rainforest. Same as every other Rainforest. If you don't have any in your area, it's a good place to eat, but if you do, I wouldn't waste my time here. Actual Disney dining is so much better.

For Epcot... didn't have lunch at the Garden Grill (not my type of food), but did do the Ice Cream Social. Fun to see the characters without the character meal prices. My favorite restaurant in Epcot is Biergarten. Love the food and the entertainment is great too! That'd definitely be my suggestion.

And oh, try getting breakfast for your Epcot day at the Fountainview Cafe. It's a tiny little bakery that has the best fruit croissants ever! One or two will definitely fill you up!

We went to the Cape May Cafe Clam Back in August and loved it. The whole family likes seafood so this was just the place for us. We will be heading there again this September.

Here's my 2 cents:
Plaza Restaurant -- Just so so.
Sci Fi Dine In -- I'd do 50's Primetime before I'd do Sci Fi. Food at Sci is just ok.
Beaches & Cream Soda Shoppe -- This is a good place to eat.
Liberty Tree Tavern (2x) -- I'd do this once and do one meal at the Crystal Palace. The food there is excellent.
Ohana (2 x) -- I'd do this once and maybe do one meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Rainforest Cafe (1x) -- Did not care for this place the last time I went.
NEED AN EPCOT RESTAURANT - should we do a country or Garden Grill? -- I would recommend either Le Cellier or the Rose & Crown.

We ate at Flame tree BBQ, Beaches and cream, and the Plaza restaurant...loved them all! Servings were very large at the Plaza, and it was so nice to sit down in the air conditioning!
Our meal at Garden Grill was wonderful (we are going back in August, and the kids insist on going here again!) The food was delicious and if you have kids, the character interaction was tops!:hyper:
Our only disappointment was Rainforest Cafe....it was just so-so, and our bill was high..
Beaches and Cream had wonderful burgers and desserts (No Way Jose sundae). This year we might try and tackle the Kitchen Sink!

Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Originally posted by mariamouse
-- you say that you are planning to eat at 'Ohana and Liberty Tree Tavern twice--why not do Kona in place of one of your 'Ohana dinners (it is probably my fave. restaurant in WDW, along with many others!) and Crystal Palace in place of one of your reservations at LTT--

I totally agree!
Kona Cafe used to be my favorite restaurant, until we tried Ohana. Unfortunately we cant fit both in on our upcoing trip, but if we had 2 nights planned at Ohana, Id definitely do Kona for one of those.
Also, I like the idea of doing CP once instead of LTT twice. Differenct character and it looks like a much wider variety of food, would be a nice change. The CP menu has always appealed to me, but we have never made it there.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :D

We liked Cape May Cafe both times we went in 2003. Good food, good variety, pleasant atmosphere.

I really enjoyed Boma for breakfast ::yes::

As for an Epcot restaurant, we really enjoyed Garden Grill. For the countries we enjoyed Le Cellier, Marrakesh and Chefs de France.

I think Cape May Cafe is wonderful! I would definately give it a try!

You have some of my favorites on there like Sci Fi, Rainforest, and Beaches and Cream. Your list sounds good to me!

:drinking1 :drinking1 :cheer2: :love1: Thank you all so much for your input!
I love reading your comments because it helps me get new ideas and improved planning!! I need to make the PS's soon, so I'm so happy u all are givng me fabulous ideas!

RE:: EPCOT - will i miss illuminations if i eat at country at night? i neve rwas atEPCOT at night.
Thanks!:hyper:

Just make sure you allow for 1 1/2-2 hours...so you don't miss Illuminations!

Hi again! Should i add a Boma breakfast and/or dinner to my list?

What about the Cape May Clambake VS a Boardwalk restaurant?

Also, any alternatives to eating at EPCOT for dinner (?)- like walk over to Cape May Cafe, or does that defeat the purpose??:confused: :wave: Thanks again!

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Boma. We were staying at AKL. I thought we would eat there a couple times during our 8-day stay, but after a breakfast at Boma and then Mara (the food court), we found ourselves "spoiled" by Boma. We ended up eating breakfast there every morning for the rest of our stay. The fruit bar was my favorite.

:earsboy: :wave2: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Another vote for Le Cellier at EPCOT. I think Boma for breakfast is great. We usually eat either in our motel or grab something light from the snack shop or bakery, but at least once we try to do a nice breakfast somewhere.

You have some of our favorites listed - we love LTT, too, but I'd also highly recommend Crystal Palace for dinner one of those nights instead. We're actually trying Le Cellier for lunch in Sept (we couldn't fit it in for dinner ;) .)

We really love Cape May for dinner & I'm not even a seafood eater. They have a large buffet with lots of variety. We are going here again in Sept & will do this on an Epcot or MGM evening for an early dinner. Both parks are pretty close to the Beach Club Resort. HTH! :)

What great ideas! I don't know if I can get into crystal palace after park closes. I
am trying to decide between Rainforest Cafe or Crab House for our Universal Studio day -dinner.

Thanks!:rockband: :space: :flower1:

I think your choices are good too. There are so many good restaurants at WDW that I wouldn't do any twice in one trip, but that's just me.

If I remember correctly this is your first trip to WDW? Forgive me if I've got you mixed up with someone else, okay. WDW is huge and getting from one place to another takes a little time. You might already be planning on doing this but just in case you haven't thought of it, I'd like to offer a suggestion.

What I like to do, is make up a loose itinerary as to which parks we'll be at on which days and then plan my meals around that. At least in the evenings for dinner. For example if we're going to be at MK that evening, we like to have dinner in one of the resorts that have monorail access to MK. Likewise, if we're at Epcot we usually eat dinner in the World Showcase or one of the Epcot resorts. That way I'm not wasting time and stressing out about having to get all the way over to such and such place for a PS. Sometimes, we'll deviate from the plan and have to change around our PS, but mostly we tend to stick to it.

When we're eating in Epcot World Showcase and want to see Illuminations, we try to schedule our PS between 6:30 & 7:00. You can't eat at Crystal Palace after the park closes.

Anymore ideas for breakfast and a universal area dinner? what do u think of crab house vs rainforest??

:confused:

Are you actually going to Universal? If so, I recommend eating at a few of the places in Universal's Citywalk or at the Loew's Hotels. Check out the Universal board for more help but my personal favorite restaurant is Margaritaville.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter