• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I don't understand about "getting your post count up"

I agree. Who cares what your post. AFter 10 you can do just about everything you want!

Sure---you can say this...you have lots of posts...us newbies want to get in there too. :banana:

Ears for everyone. :earboy2:

Some of you sure know a lot of people having birthdays to get your count up. Some counts really jumped from what your post says....so I guess I'll have to add my :bday: ...
Another good way is to welcome newbies....makes us feel welcomed. :welcome:

:cheer2: i have been lurking on here for a while as well and now i am so addicted and have been trying to post to everything that interests me to get my post count up

amanda

post counts can help in other ways too. For example I have noticed that those with extremely low post counts should be careful not to pick fights in non-debate boards- or may be labeled a "troll"

Also, if you even become interested in renting DVC points, renters prefer to rent to those who have been a part of the community for a little while. And can review all your previous posts (to see that they are more than just "post" builders, but people who are contributing to the boards, asking questions, answering questions, etc. Although since the DIS is an open board and its HUGE now compared to a number of years ago.

Welcome to those that are just joining the DIS

post counts can help in other ways too. For example I have noticed that those with extremely low post counts should be careful not to pick fights in non-debate boards- or may be labeled a "troll"

Also, if you even become interested in renting DVC points, renters prefer to rent to those who have been a part of the community for a little while. And can review all your previous posts (to see that they are more than just "post" builders, but people who are contributing to the boards, asking questions, answering questions, etc. Although since the DIS is an open board and its HUGE now compared to a number of years ago.

Welcome to those that are just joining the DIS

How can you review all of someone's previous posts??

If you click on the name of the person you will see a drop down list, giving you options like pm'ing the person and "find all of goofypooh's posts"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter