I Finally Made A Decision - BWI!!!

antmaril

DIS Veteran
Well, I am happy to report that I have finally made a decision about our trip June 25 - 29th. I had reservations at the YC which I made using a code months ago. I also had reservations at the Swan because it was $100 a night cheaper. I have been reading these boards everyday getting as much info as possible (we stayed at BC two years ago, so I am familiar with the area) to help me make a decision. Yesterday, out of the blue, I decided I wanted to try the Boardwalk Inn. I called CRO, explained that I had used a code to book my original reservation at the YC, and asked if they could change my reservation from YC Waterview to Boardwalk Inn Waterview using my original code. I was on hold for quite a while and then the CM came back and said I was all set. I am very excited. I am hoping for a room overlooking the boardwalk.

Sorry to bore you, but I just wanted to share!

Thanks!!

Congratulations! Enjoy your vacation and be sure to post about your stay when you return :D .

My family stayed at BWI last trip because it was the place I had a burning desire to try... we all fell in love with the BW area. I dutifully took my kids on a tour of SAB and the BC thinking that would be our next resort. Guess what, they want to return to the BWI in Feb!! I am so happy. Some really wonderful CM's made the BWI a great experience for my kids, they were the housekeeper (did great things with their animals everyday), pool lifeguards (learned my kids names and greeted them by name each day, gave them splash balls), a lobby greeter (who gave them a beanie baby and balloons on our first afternoon there) and the wonderful entertainers on the BW (who taught the kids to lasso rope and do card tricks)! Just a great place!:D

You will absolutely love the BWI! The location is great, the pools are great, and if you get a room overlooking the boardwalk it will be perfect. Wish I were going with you! Have a great vacation!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for your replies. I think I made the right decision. We love the area, but I really didn't want to stay in the same place again. I think it will be fun to try another resort and I'm sure we are going to love it.

Thanks, again!

Enjoy your stay at the BoardWalk Inn! It's one of my very favorite resorts--it has such a relaxed atmosphere, and a fabulous location. :sunny:

We did the BW for the first time last fall, and really loved it. The place is pretty and colorful and classy! (I sort of think of it as the Grand Floridian, in shorts and flipflops...)

We were there for the Epcot Food & Wine Fest, so it was so easy to just stroll over to the World Showcase for a couple hours, nibble on food, then stroll back.

<i> TIP: PLEASANT LITTLE HIDEAWAY is the large gazebo just off the path between the BW and the BC. It's on the left as you walk toward Epcot, on the lake. I liked to go out there with a book and a cuppa coffee in the morning. Quiet and comfy. </i>

But be aware: we had a room overlooking the boardwalk, and it can get pretty, um, <i>lively</i> at night. If you don't mind the sound of oompah music until around 11 at night, and little crowds of people cheering the different novelty acts, by all means, enjoy. We found it a little irksome.

GregK: Thanks for the tip - I will look for that gazebo. I'm not going to worry about the noise too much. We are only there for four days (then off to Portofino Bay at Universal). I remember thinking the last time we were walking on the Boardwalk that I would love to sit out on a balcony and "people watch". If we get a room overlooking the Boardwalk, I'm just going to enjoy it. As long as it's not noisy at 3:00 a.m., I think we'll be okay.

Thanks for the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter