I have 2 words for you...BUG SPRAY!!!

mecook

Mouseketeer
We just about got "toted off" on Sunday night. We were at HM for the 7:30 meet and the mosquitos were out in force. I asked several CMs about spray or itch cream (either to buy or at first aid center) but they didn't have any. BE SURE TO TAKE SOME OF BOTH WITH YOU!!!! They said it is bad when you're near the river. When I returned on Thursday night, we were armed with our can of OFF! (which did absolutely no good in the suitcase on Sunday night) and had no trouble whatsoever. Melanie

I will be armed w/ it in full force. I have been vigilant about mosquitos ever since West Nile hit our area 3 summers ago. Needless to say (and knock on wood) DH, DS, nor I have been bit by one since. This will be a challenge (lol).:D

Is there any problem putting a can of spray in a suitcase for airplane travel, or would it be o.k. to carry on. I am just envisioning all of my clothes ruined by an exploded can of bug spray! How hard will it be to find once we get there?? Anyone running into problems? :confused: :confused:

This is great advice. I was bit a few times last year at the HHB & MNSSHP. I will be taking these items to FLA with me in 2 weeks!

We just got back. When we got to our room, there was a warning about the mosquitos, from the FL health dept. I worried because we did not take bug spray. We had no problems, no bites.

If you want to take OFF, they do make it in a wipe. very easy and compact.

They also make them as bracelet. You can purchase them at homedepot.

Please do take West Nile seriously! - they have had several cases (and a few deaths) in Fla this year (as in most of the country) - no need to panic, but this disease can be serious - just protect yourself and your family with spray containing DEET (the new wipe on cloths are great for travelling)- use netting over carriages for infants and be alert ! This is a totally preventable disease if you keep from getting bit by the mosquitoes.

Now that the weather is cooling down, the mosquitos should be cut down to a minimum.....right..? we're going the week after christmas and i don't expect any skeeter attacks. should i be ready for an invasion?

foobs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter