I left without Paying for Parking

Yes, there will be. They TRIED to charge her for parking but the card was declined. She is going to get a bill in the mail.
I have not been charged for parking like many on here. We’ll see. Id like an update to this. I still doubt it.

Does Disney still put a hold on credit cards?
Yes
No, they actually charge it through every time it hits a predetermined threshold.
No, they stopped that last year. They now put a $100 hold when you check in and if you go over that they'll do another hold. On your last day, the reverse all those holds by issuing a "hold credit" and then charge everything in a lump sum. They don't even charge the balance of room only on check in now. That's done at check out too.
By "hold credit" I mean they issue a credit in the total of whatever holds were during your trip.
For example, you have holds put through of $100, $156, $101, $126. On the day you check out you will see those, plus a credit totaling $483, also as a hold. Basically zeroing out your balance. All of those will fall off in a few days. They will also put through a charge of $383 (assuming that is the total you charged through your trip) that will post as the final charge.

You'll get a bill in the mail. Pay it ASAP. If you don't, they'll send collections after you very quickly. For some reason, they didn't charge my card I had on file a couple years ago. They sent me a bill right before Christmas and it apparently got lost in the holiday shuffle and didn't arrive until mid-January. I sent them a check immediately but within a week I had a letter from collections. It was a major hassle to get it cleared up. I had to send a copy of the canceled check, etc to prove I had paid my bill for them to drop the collections request and clear my credit report.

You'll get a bill in the mail. Pay it ASAP. If you don't, they'll send collections after you very quickly. For some reason, they didn't charge my card I had on file a couple years ago. They sent me a bill right before Christmas and it apparently got lost in the holiday shuffle and didn't arrive until mid-January. I sent them a check immediately but within a week I had a letter from collections. It was a major hassle to get it cleared up. I had to send a copy of the canceled check, etc to prove I had paid my bill for them to drop the collections request and clear my credit report.
Thanks! I'm keeping my eye out for it. I kept expecting a call ir email, but nothing so I'll be watching the mail.

Agreed, but it sounds like it was the CM’s fault for accepting a pre paid card that the resort doesn’t accept. I’d be surprised if she gets a bill. I thought resorts put pending holds each day or did they change that?

Could be. I figured there wasn't enough on the gift card so they attempted to charge the credit card on file when they got the decline. Who knows.

Could be. I figured there wasn't enough on the gift card so they attempted to charge the credit card on file when they got the decline. Who knows.
From what OP said, the prepaid credit card WAS the credit card on file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter