I left without Paying for Parking

JoJo1678

Earning My Ears
So we checked in at the hotel. We weren't given information about parking fees at our check in (although I vaguely remember hearing about them when we booked)and they didn't charge our card for it. They didn't even ask if we had a vehicle. I had just come from Cabana Bay where we had to pay for parking up front and let them know we had a car at check in so i just assumed Disney didn't really enforce the parking fee. Anyhow, I didn't have any olans to charge to my room and since everything was prepaid I just gave them a prepaid card as my "credit card." Well I guess they went to charge my card on our last night and it didn't go through. They left a note on our door, but the kiddo grabbed it and in all the rush to the airport I didn't get it until we were home. The thing is I spent our last dime in that trip and I won't be able to call and pay it until next week. Does anyone know what is going to happen about this? It's such a strange situation. I thought everything was prepaid and wasn't expecting this. I wish they had told me the charge when I checked in a taken the money right then. I'm freaking out about a police charge for skipping out in a hotel bill now.

So we checked in at the hotel. We weren't given information about parking fees at our check in (although I vaguely remember hearing about them when we booked)and they didn't charge our card for it. They didn't even ask if we had a vehicle. I had just come from Cabana Bay where we had to pay for parking up front and let them know we had a car at check in so i just assumed Disney didn't really enforce the parking fee. Anyhow, I didn't have any olans to charge to my room and since everything was prepaid I just gave them a prepaid card as my "credit card." Well I guess they went to charge my card on our last night and it didn't go through. They left a note on our door, but the kiddo grabbed it and in all the rush to the airport I didn't get it until we were home. The thing is I spent our last dime in that trip and I won't be able to call and pay it until next week. Does anyone know what is going to happen about this? It's such a strange situation. I thought everything was prepaid and wasn't expecting this. I wish they had told me the charge when I checked in a taken the money right then. I'm freaking out about a police charge for skipping out in a hotel bill now.
Nothing.
Nor is it strange.
There are lots of issues with the parking charges. Sometimes they put them on people who don't have a car
Sometimes they forget to charge those that do.
It's because they don't have any automated way to securely determine who has a car and who doesn't.
So it's fraught with errors. You are benefiting from that.
Though if you really feel guilty you can call and tell them, LOL

Now, if there are charges they tried to make and they didn't go through, they will invoice you. I have had that happen many years ago. Forget now why the final charge didn't process, it was stuff done after we'd checked out and continued to still use our bands. Anyway, I got an invoice in the mail from them and I called and paid it with the card that it should have gone on anyway.

You should have gotten an email with your final bill. If you didn't, call and ask for a copy.
If they charged for parking, along with other things, then it will show up on that.

True, but if her card was declined for a charge that's not really the hotel's mistake.
Yeah, there are really 2 things in question
One, parking, is hit and miss. Sometimes they charge it right, sometimes they don't (on both sides)
The other, charges they made but were unable to put through
No one knows here if the parking was on that bill or not but whatever was on that charge, it will need to be paid. If the parking was left off, then no biggie. You aren't charged.

Well, what is the invoice for if you didn't charge things to the room?
It was for t
Yeah, there are really 2 things in question
One, parking, is hit and miss. Sometimes they charge it right, sometimes they don't (on both sides)
The other, charges they made but were unable to put through
No one knows here if the parking was on that bill or not but whatever was on that charge, it will need to be paid. If the parking was left off, then no biggie. You aren't charged.
I didn't get an invoice for anything. I got a note left on my door that my card left on file was declined. The kiddos were the one's that grabbed the note so I didn't read it until I got home. At that point i looked through my folio and realized it was for the parking fee. Also I don't know that it was a mistake or not. I just thought it really strange that they didn't charge for it when we checked in, didn't ask if we had a car, and didn't let us know about it at check in.Ive never been to hotel that didn't charge that fee at check in before. Anyhow my question is just about being able to pay it next week so if they are really just going to send ia bill all is good. I can just pay when I get the bill.

Disney does things their own way and that includes just adding parking to the room bill and that is not processed until check out
Lesson for you for the future too, they can't run the Prepaid Credit Cards at the resort. Surprised they took it, CM probably didn't pay attention
Next time, take those to Target and use them to buy Disney Gift Cards instead. I say Target because I know they will let you buy the Disney gift cards with a Prepaid Credit Card without any issues. I do it all the time, their systems handle it well.

True, but if her card was declined for a charge that's not really the hotel's mistake.
Agreed, but it sounds like it was the CM’s fault for accepting a pre paid card that the resort doesn’t accept. I’d be surprised if she gets a bill. I thought resorts put pending holds each day or did they change that?

I'm surprised the prepaid card went through too. I would check the balance on that card if I were you and make sure there isn't a hold or some pending charge from Disney. When they run a credit card to keep on file for charges, it usually places a $100 hold per day for to validate the card. The prepaid card must have gone through for that, or else the CM would presumably not have been able to use it.

As far as the parking charges, my experience was just that they added it to my folio which was ultimately charged to my credit card on file. So it sounds like it worked as its supposed to for you. The problem was that the CM asked for a card and accepted your prepaid one when they shouldn't have. You also could have declined adding a card to your room at all. We did online check-in and did not have to visit the front desk, so I presume they knew I had a car onsite due to the CM scanning my band at the parking booth at the entrance of the resort.

I also thought they woukd have put a hold if there were pending charges! If they had done that they could have let me know right away and I could have paid. I wasn't expecting anymore charges so I just left and by the time I got home and realized what was going in I had spent the last of my vacation money.The one and only other time I went to Disney I had a 100.00 hold put on my credit card each time I charged to the room. I guess parking just doesn't work that way. I have no idea. This was the first time I had a car with me (and only my second time visiting).

On our last trip I put all the tips on the credit card (dining plan). Three weeks after I got home they sent me a letter telling me they had made a mistake had not charged me and I still owed them $1100. They actually offered to tale payments they were really apologetic. In the end I got my card out and they only charged it $750.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter