I Like Warm Hugs! - Mommy/Toddler Trip ~ Updated 6/20: New Trip Report Link!

wow, you really do have this whole airport travel with a toddler thing down! Those family areas for the security check are so helpful when they have them ... at least for me, at least we feel like we aren't holding up business travelers or anyone who might get annoyed but more likely other families in similar situations.
Yes, that's true. However, it's a little odd because you go up to the initial TSA person in the family line, but then you get combined with everyone else at the scanners (at least at this one). Luckily, it was early and not too crowded and I've gotten pretty quick at getting everything on the belt.

Wow, already having to deal with slumming it with the huddled masses back in (ick!) coach! :rotfl2:
Ha ha, it's not so bad. I mean, really, we are the huddled masses that just caught a break for one trip. ::yes::

Glad things worked out and you got that extra seat and a good seat-neighbor ... definitely makes things easier
Yes, sure does. Having her on my lap is a much more exhausting experience. And generally results in more bruises and injuries (to me). :rotfl:

OK, I will give you credit at least for acknowledging vertical pictures and *shudder* vertical video. I understand the circumstances and at least you know it's so TOTALLY WRONG, so you get a pass, lol. :)
Whew, thanks! I have to admit that Dug has lectured me on the error of my ways with the vertical video. :guilty: But one-handed and in a hurry, often that is all I can manage. And, in my defense, it's really the only way to capture a character meet between a toddler and Goofy, unless you tilt up and down a lot. :rotfl2:

Haha, I would probably choose the dog aisle just because it would probably help make the flight seem shorter. Plus... Dogs are awesome.
Dogs are indeed awesome! :thumbsup2 I would have taken it too if I hadn't been so set on getting Izzy to nap. In retrospect, probably should have gone with the dog. :rolleyes1

You guys are pros! It looks like you had a pretty smooth morning, which always makes the trip better. Izzy seems like she is an awesome little traveler :)
It was a super smooth morning (other than forgetting to get the pink gate-check tag for the stroller). We are lucky that Izzy has proven to be a very willing and adaptable traveller. :goodvibes

I'm here! I've slacked on the Dis lately since we had to cancel our Feb trip. Too painful lol. But Izzy is just too cute to miss!
:welcome: I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. :sad1: That's a huge bummer! So glad you are here, though. I will try to distract you until you go back! :)

SECOND PAGE???? I'm on the second page!?! Total fail. LOL

ok now I'm gonna go read it. Just had to complain first ;) :goodvibes :rolleyes:
Haha, you made it!! :cool1: :goodvibes

I need to send out a signal direct to you when I start something new, I guess. I did update my Dec. TR with this and added a link to the first page of the Hawaii PTR and added a link to my signature...but maybe I need a special April pager. :idea:

Ok gonna keep a running comment as I read...

First..any tips for going thru security? I've become a pro at getting myself thru security. What about a kid changes it? What should I be prepared with besides the normal (liquids in a baggie and easily accessible, electronics ready to pull out, boarding pass and ID in the outside pocket). Caden doesn't usually travel with liquid anymore, so sippy cup shouldn't be an issue.
What do they do with the stroller? I assume I should have the basket empty at that point?

Haha!! Caden gets upset when his food is broken too!!! It's still a tantrum trigger. I avoid it whenever possible.

Awww all the airplane pics are so cute! Love the smiling one while reading Olaf

So did you take a "real" camera at all or just rely on iphone pics? I'm SERIOUSLY considering skipping the real camera and only taking my iphone6. But I'm scared I'll regret not having nicer photos. I may bring along my DSLR and just bring it some days. It's just heavy cause it has a steel body :P

Haha, you made it!! :cool1: :goodvibes

I need to send out a signal direct to you when I start something new, I guess. I did update my Dec. TR with this and added a link to the first page of the Hawaii PTR and added a link to my signature...but maybe I need a special April pager. :idea:

Wow! I failed even more than I thought! LOL

Excuses:
I think I unsubscribed to your Dec TR once it was done, and I only go to the last page of your Hawaii PTR to read whatever was most recently posted, AND (final excuse) I read on my phone 99% of the time so I don't see any signatures!! Ha! See? I couldn't POSSIBLY have known lol

hahaha

I'm glad I'm here now! I'm gonna have to take lots of notes!

Joining in! Sounds like you had a relatively easy trip through the airport. I commend you on traveling by yourself with a toddler - I'm not sure if I could handle it!

Is that thermos cup easy to clean and reassemble? Washing and reassembling Rory's cups make me crazy, so I'm always on the lookout for a new one.

I always get stressed out boarding a plane with my carry-on stuff, so I was getting a little anxious while reading about everything you had to lug on board- very glad that Izzy was able to walk and I bet it was completely adorable to watch!

CAnt wait to read the rest!

Travel and arrival day!:cool1:

68 is warm in MN? :worried: That makes me throw on pants here in FL. My sister in law is actually moving to MN next year, and I told her I'd be more than happy to visit her during the summer. :lmao:

Izzy was digging that blueberry muffin. Kids are funny about what they like/don't like in terms of food. Landon is fine with pieces of food. Unless it bananas. Or apples. That he has to eat by himself and whole.:confused3

So, you had to wrangle a car seat, stroller, carry on, and Izzy onto the plane and into your seats? :worship: that's a hectic feat! I am impressed at your multi-tasking skills. I would have been way more stressed out.

Izzy looks plenty occupied and entertained in her seat. Was she fine sitting in it the whole time? Did she get antsy?

Ok gonna keep a running comment as I read...

First..any tips for going thru security? I've become a pro at getting myself thru security. What about a kid changes it? What should I be prepared with besides the normal (liquids in a baggie and easily accessible, electronics ready to pull out, boarding pass and ID in the outside pocket). Caden doesn't usually travel with liquid anymore, so sippy cup shouldn't be an issue.
What do they do with the stroller? I assume I should have the basket empty at that point?
If you don't have any liquids or pouch-type food, that will make it easier. One less thing to deal with. And it will also help that Caden is old enough to walk on his own and take direction from you on where to go/not go (I was just telling someone at work how much easier this is now that Izzy is at that point vs. when she was a new walker - because you have to have them get out of the stroller AND your hands are all full dealing with the other stuff you are bringing, so a kid that needs holding is challenging). For me, the biggest difference with a kid is just the sheer volume of STUFF. And I know I bring more than I need on the plane, but I want to be prepared with an arsenal of stuff to keep her in good spirits. For instance, when I travelled by myself for work recently, I put my 4 days worth of stuff in a rolling carry-on that I stashed up above (no checked bag needed) and had a backpack with just a few things for the flight, like a book and my laptop. Easy peasy. With Izzy, I generally end up with at least a "meal/snack bag", a toy bag, a diaper kit, a bag with anything I need, a carseat, and a stroller (I've gotten good at combining the bags within a bigger bag, if needed, to meet the carry-on and personal item limits, but I like to have them separated for ease of getting at them on the plane - which is never really easy). If you are bringing a carseat, that goes on the belt, so long as it fits. For mine, it has to go face-down and top-first and it works (barely). Same with the stroller. You'll need to fold it and put it on the belt, so long as it fits. Our B-Agile fits pretty well. And, yes, make sure to empty the basket first (though I do leave things in the parent console). One exception was when we checked in for First Class to Hawaii - they just took the stroller through open - just to be helpful, I guess. :confused3 Oh, and a side note, Caden will not need to take off his shoes or coat (though, if he's like Izzy, he may want to just to be like the grown-ups, but it's not required). Oh, and pay attention to what the TSA person wants Caden to do about going through the metal detector - it always seems to be different. He is old enough that they may just have him walk, but I've been told to carry her, to have her walk through first, to have her walk through behind me, etc. So, whatever their thing is, go with that.

Haha!! Caden gets upset when his food is broken too!!! It's still a tantrum trigger. I avoid it whenever possible.
Yes, broken food is the worst! There will be another example on the return flight. :rolleyes1 I avoid it too. Especially breaking something in front of her - sometimes, if I do it out of sight, it doesn't cause a problem. Silly kids.

Awww all the airplane pics are so cute! Love the smiling one while reading Olaf
She still loves that Olaf book. One of my better spontaneous Target buys, I guess. :rotfl:

So did you take a "real" camera at all or just rely on iphone pics? I'm SERIOUSLY considering skipping the real camera and only taking my iphone6. But I'm scared I'll regret not having nicer photos. I may bring along my DSLR and just bring it some days. It's just heavy cause it has a steel body :P
We did not take a "real" camera. Last December, we brought a point-and-shoot (the most "real" camera we have :rotfl:) and barely used it. Since it was just me on this trip, I figured I'd have limited hands anyway and might as well just use my phone, since I'd have it on me. Turned out there were some times where I WISHED I brought the real camera as a spare for my malfunctioning phone, though. By the way, I did the same thing in June, but Lauren was there with her fancy camera, so lots of quality photos! :thumbsup2 For Hawaii, we used only Photopass, our iPhones, and the water camera my dad lent us (nice to have!) Worked for us.

Wow! I failed even more than I thought! LOL

Excuses:
I think I unsubscribed to your Dec TR once it was done, and I only go to the last page of your Hawaii PTR to read whatever was most recently posted, AND (final excuse) I read on my phone 99% of the time so I don't see any signatures!! Ha! See? I couldn't POSSIBLY have known lol

hahaha

I'm glad I'm here now! I'm gonna have to take lots of notes!
Haha, no worries. I never even thought to unsubscribe to a TR when it's done. Guess I'm too much of a packrat. That explains why I have 200+ subscriptions (ETA - just checked and it's actually 352!). I just let them drop down as the posting stops, but they pop back up if something happens later. That's good to have that insight into how others manage this, though.

Joining in! Sounds like you had a relatively easy trip through the airport. I commend you on traveling by yourself with a toddler - I'm not sure if I could handle it!
Hi! :wave2: Yes, it was a fairly easy airport day. I never knew I could travel solo with a toddler either, but it wasn't bad at all. It helped that I'd done that girls' trip with Lauren & Aria in June, so I had some experience. And seeing how she did it in her reports helped a bunch too. Plus, it was a short trip, so it went by quick and I never felt like I needed a break from her.

Is that thermos cup easy to clean and reassemble? Washing and reassembling Rory's cups make me crazy, so I'm always on the lookout for a new one.
Yes, it is! :cool1: I love them. They are dishwasher safe too. And they consist of the main body, the flip-top, the straw, and the spout - and they are all easy to clean and take apart/put together. We still use other cups at home, usually, but we bring these whenever we go out or travel (I have two - a plain one and a Minnie one!) My only complaint is that they very occasionally leak when closed. Back in April, when we went to NYC, we'd throw them right into a bag, full of milk. They were almost always totally fine, but there was one small leak. Since then, I put them in a ziplock and it's generally dry, but there have been a few leaks I've caught. I don't know why - maybe they're getting worn out or maybe I didn't get the lid on right - who knows? Still love them, though, especially when you're out and about for a long time.

I always get stressed out boarding a plane with my carry-on stuff, so I was getting a little anxious while reading about everything you had to lug on board- very glad that Izzy was able to walk and I bet it was completely adorable to watch!

CAnt wait to read the rest!
Yeah, it's never fun going through the security and getting on the plane with your stuff. Having a toddler and all of their stuff takes the stress up a notch. :scared: It was nice that she could walk this time, though - makes it a bit easier to manage it all. :thumbsup2

Travel and arrival day!:cool1:

68 is warm in MN? :worried: That makes me throw on pants here in FL. My sister in law is actually moving to MN next year, and I told her I'd be more than happy to visit her during the summer. :lmao:
Ha, yes, I'd say most Minnesotans would call 68 warm. ::yes:: Of course, it does get warmer - this was very early in the morning, so probably about the low for the day. But, for perspective, Thanksgiving morning here was zero degrees. Yep, zero. :cold: Funny, you throw on pants, like that's unusual, where we would throw on shorts when it gets warm (well, unless you're a 20-year-old guy that throws on shorts in the winter too - which you do see around here - crazy!). Yes, visit her during the summer - maybe we can meet up? :goodvibes

Izzy was digging that blueberry muffin. Kids are funny about what they like/don't like in terms of food. Landon is fine with pieces of food. Unless it bananas. Or apples. That he has to eat by himself and whole.:confused3
Haha, I love that they all have their own set of rules. :rotfl2: Izzy likes her bananas whole too. She's okay with apple slices, though - plus, they double as boats, as we discovered last night.

So, you had to wrangle a car seat, stroller, carry on, and Izzy onto the plane and into your seats? :worship: that's a hectic feat! I am impressed at your multi-tasking skills. I would have been way more stressed out.
Yeah, it's not the most fun thing to do on your own. Once that stroller can be left at the gate check, though, it's much better. But I do hate carrying the carseat down the aisle - it's SO hard not to hit anyone due to how narrow the space is, at least if others are already onboard. It helps that Izzy is older and can sit in a seat while I get her carseat set up now (and it doesn't take long to strap it into an airplane with the lap belt). Oh, and this is why I brought backpacks for our carry-on this time - I learned from June that tote bags work, but not as well as a backpack.

Izzy looks plenty occupied and entertained in her seat. Was she fine sitting in it the whole time? Did she get antsy?
Yeah, she did really well staying in her seat. Same with Hawaii (out for a bit there, but not bad, considering how much longer it was). She really didn't get antsy, so long as I had things to keep her happy with (snacks, toys, etc.) Plus, with a carseat, she always gets priority for a window, which is sometimes nice to look out of too.

We left off with me getting some snack boxes with my Flexperks credit. If you’d like a better look at them, here you go:

We saved them for the Magical Express ride/lunch.

But, back to the flight. Izzy still had that blankie that was intended to make her sleepy. Instead, she was having a blast playing peek-a-boo with it:

After that, I pulled out her Buckle Toy and she discovered that the Twins/Bullseye baseball card was still buckled into it from our July 4th Twins game (guess we hadn’t played with it in nearly two months!) She loved fiddling around with that:

Once she tired of that, out came one of her favorites: Duplo Ariel and a few other pieces from that set:

For some reason, she loves these pieces. I keep them in their own special bag and bring them on all flights. Thankfully, she has not lost any yet! pixiedust:

It was about 9am now, after leaving at 7am. So, already 10am in Florida! And Izzy still hadn’t napped. With only about an hour left. :sad2: And she still was not even close. Next out of the bag were her Minnie sunglasses (that only function as a toy, since her nose isn’t big enough to hold them up on her face):

She thought it was more fun to make Mommy wear them:

So, I mentioned dropping/losing things. Well, she dropped things a lot – and they were going under the seat in front of her. With the tight fit in coach and a carseat in the way, I had to do some extreme contortionist moves to retrieve the tossed items. Eventually, I wised up and created a blockade out of her bag and the snack boxes:

I was quite proud of myself until I realized that the blockade just deflected them back UNDER her seat. Not any easier to get to.

Meanwhile, she had removed her clip-on pacifier from her shirt and clipped it to itself:

Yes, these were the things that filled all three hours of the flight. Silly me, thinking she’d take a nap due to the early morning!

So, after having cycled through most everything in her backpack with no nap, we landed at MCO. Yay!!! I took my time, letting everyone else off the plane first. Just easier to get out that way and I don’t think we had to wait for many people. Oh, and that also gave me a chance to search the floor for that darn invisible ink marker cap. Which apparently was invisible, because I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused3

I took out her carseat and carried that and the backpacks and had her walk again. She did great. We picked up her stroller at the gate check and did the unpleasant walk up to where we could set down the stroller. I found a quiet corner and plopped everything down. Got her stroller out of the bag and put everything together, including her:

Time to go to Disney World! It was 11:16am, so we were about 10 minutes behind schedule. Not too bad. And no checked bags to get, due to Magical Express. We made our way to the practice monorail and boarded:

We made our “traditional” stop in the family restroom right by the elevator. Good place to use the facilities, do a diaper change, and change into hot-weather clothes (well, for me - Izzy was already in them). I put on a Disney shirt, which got Izzy’s approval!

Onward to the Magical Express! As we walked along, I realized we’d need our Magic Bands. Well, I’d need mine and Izzy would want hers. So, I stopped for a second to retrieve them from the backpack and we put them on. Izzy was quite happy to wear her Disney accessory.

I noticed as I passed the rental car desks that one of the lines was SUPER long, all the way across the hallway. I believe it was Hertz. Sorry for the lousy pic:

Ugh, glad I didn’t have to wait in that! I think I’d bail and go to another rental car company asking for deals. Fortunately for me, our ride was 100% walk-on at every step! I scanned my band and just moved on from empty queue to empty queue to right onto a bus:

The bus was nearly full (and about to leave) when we boarded, so we took the very back seat. It was actually perfect, because it was a 3-seater, so it gave us room for the backpack and our lunch to be easily accessible:

As we settled in, the driver made an announcement about securing young kids with seatbelts. What?! Since when has the Magical Express (a coach-style bus) had seatbelts?! But, sure enough, it did. I was regretting having them store Izzy’s carseat down below the bus. The seatbelts were way too big (cutting across her neck) and hers also did not work correctly (stuck). I chose to go without, given the circumstances, and just taught her about staying in your seat on a bus, etc. (Just to be clear, she is ALWAYS buckled in securely in the car, but my understanding is that these types of buses are generally designed to not need seatbelts and keep occupants safe by seating design/compartmentalization. I actually just read up now and they are just starting to require new motorcoaches to have them – and I’m sure this was a pretty new model).

We opened up one of the snack boxes to see what our lunch options were:

Our bus pulled away at 11:40am. We watched the movie as we ate:

We shared some olives (mostly me), apricots, crackers, and cookies. Izzy also had a pouch and some milk. I think I may have had some things from the other box too (crackers/meat/cheese, maybe?) We were doing this as “lunch” to save some time and money on this quick and low-budget trip. Izzy enjoyed her lunchtime view:

Due to being in the back of the bus and being distracted by food, I totally missed getting the WDW arch picture this time! Oops, bad DIS-er!

I noticed that I had already broken two fingernails by that point. They are not particularly long or anything, but I always manage to break nails on airport days. When my nail clipper is packed away. Of course. I think I ended up breaking like 4 of them that day. I should really just cut them all off before I travel (or carry on nail clippers like I did in Hawaii, since they are allowed now).

Our bus would be making 4 stops. I don’t remember the last two, but the first would be Art of Animation and then we’d head over to our “home”: Pop Century. It would be a very quick visit, as we had to check in and then turn around and get to the Magic Kingdom in time for me to meet up with Lauren and use my Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Fast Pass+!

Up next: In and out of Pop. And we get to see the castle. For two seconds. Cause, you know, Fast Pass+.

I could tell we were getting close when I saw the Wide World of Sports sign:

I was really excited to get a better look at the first stop:

Izzy got excited to see the big picture of Ariel, her favorite princess.

I couldn’t help but feel bad for these poor, sad people waiting for their Magical Express ride home :sad1: :

Even though that would be us in two days! We had a lot to do first, though. :cool1:

After dropping off some folks at AoA and admiring the resort, we made it here:

Despite having resort-hopped a fair amount, I think Pop will always feel like “home” to me. Our first trip as a couple (2009) was there and we have been back several times. I love that there are “value” options to stay onsite at WDW. Anyway, we got off the bus and gathered up our stuff and headed inside:

I was a bit concerned about check-in taking a long time, since we were the last seat and therefore the last people off the bus. I normally split this job with Dug: one of us goes inside right away to check in and the other waits for our stuff to be unloaded from under the bus. However, I had done online check-in, which did have a shorter line than the regular (though the regular appeared to have more CMs working it). This was the regular line:

Not terrible, considering a bus just dropped off. The wait for online check-in ended up being very brief. In fact, I never even made it to a counter. Just past where I took that picture from, a CM with an iPad approached and checked us in. It was smooth and quick, but she wasn’t terribly personable. She was also totally indifferent to the fact that our room request was completely ignored and we were basically given the exact opposite of what I’d requested, just saying, “Well, we’re full this weekend.” So, instead of the top floor, we had the bottom. Instead of Building 3 in the 50’s section, we had Building 9 in the 90’s section. :confused3 We could technically see some lake, though (I was going for a lake view – trying to see fireworks), so maybe that was the connection. Who knows? Turns out it didn’t matter anyway and our room was perfectly fine.

The CM did wish Izzy a happy birthday (this was about 3 weeks before her 2nd birthday), but she did not receive a birthday button.

Our room was ready, so we headed there first to drop off the things we didn’t want to bring to the parks with us. On the way, I realized I’d forgotten to confirm the Pack ‘n’ Play request I’d put in, but we’d have to deal with that later if there wasn’t one.

I used to be really good at Ms. PacMan as a kid (I know, this isn’t Ms.):

Our room was 9161, which was a corner unit behind the potato heads (which I forgot to get a picture with – oops - so, all you get here is the "backside of potato heads" - you can see a bit of lake beyond them too):

Double beds obviously were not necessary, but I’d skipped requesting a King because I knew they didn’t have any with the view I’d wanted. It was fine having the doubles, but one was fairly close to the door, making it challenging to get the stroller in and out of the room:

We managed, though. We also had a Mickey head towel, as you see there. No Pack 'n' Play, so we'd have to get one later. We quickly dropped off our stuff and headed back towards Everything Pop to catch a Magic Kingdom bus:

By the way, I didn’t like that we had to walk past a smoking area to get to our building. It was all fancy-looking, but the whole area smelled awful. Yuck. :crazy2: It wasn’t all smoking, either – there was some other terrible smell past that. Not sure what. However, it was nice that the walk wasn’t particularly long for a non-preferred room. And, if I’d had a car, it would have had convenient parking. Oh, also, we passed a small playground on our walk. Izzy wanted to get out and play (she loves playgrounds), but I told her that we were on our way to a much better playground called “the Magic Kingdom.” A Cast Member heard that and giggled. We made it back to Everything Pop at 12:44pm:

(Oh, yeah, I might as well also apologize for my finger showing up in random pictures too. One-handed on-the-fly old iPhone photos at their best here! :thumbsup2)

We were lucky to catch a Magic Kingdom bus fairly quickly. Izzy wanted her own seat, but I wouldn’t let her as the bus ended up being standing-room-only and someone needed the seat next to me. Between that and probably being very tired, Izzy does not look happy to be sitting in my lap for the ride:

Looks like it was just before 1pm and we were on our way:

I think I texted Lauren to let her know we were on the bus. The plan was to meet up with Lauren (Imagineer5) and her daughter Aria (8 months older than Izzy) for a bit this afternoon. She was on a mommy/daughter trip too, so this gave us each a chance to use the Mine Train Fast Pass+ reservations we had snagged. They were at different times and mine was the first one, from 12:25-1:25pm. Yeah, so cutting it close!

Almost there:

Soon enough, we were on our way in. Everything went smoothly and my Magic Band worked just fine. I would have liked to stop and let Izzy enjoy the castle and Main Street, but there wasn’t time. Instead, I snapped a quick picture as we power-walked up to Main Street:

I love the gal taking the castle selfie and the matching kid/adult umbrellas in that picture, by the way. I was surprised to see it was already decked out for Halloween (on August 30th)!

The castle show was going on, so we had to go around (went to the right – the smoking way – yuck again). Izzy saw the show and characters and really wanted to watch, but the best I could do was stop her stroller and turn it that way for a few seconds. Sorry, kid, but my Fast Pass+ window is about to close!

I was texting with Lauren as I cruised along and we met outside of the Mine Train entrance. For those that don’t know, she and I had taken a joint trip in June (thanks to the DIS), so it was good to see each other again. After a quick hug hello, we walked up to the FP line with both strollers and asked for a Rider Swap. Thankfully, despite recent rumors to the contrary, she did NOT have to scan her band too – just me, as it was my FP+:

After obtaining the Rider Swap pass, we wheeled the girls over to the Pooh shop to stay cool while I rode. Aria was already asleep in her stroller (she is an excellent stroller napper!). Izzy was obviously exhausted, but still wound up from the day and fighting sleep. I felt really bad leaving a cranky toddler with Lauren immediately after meeting up. I had hoped she’d be passed out in her stroller by the time we met up. No luck. Lauren was great, though, and amused Izzy with discussion of Izzy’s cute Cinderella shoes. Good topic, as Izzy loves shoes (which she doesn’t get from me – I don’t much care about shoes at all).

While they chatted, I cruised over to the Mine Train and made it in at 1:24pm – one minute to spare on my window! Yay!!

Up next: The Mine Train, some more FP+ reservations, and a nice break.

Haha, it threw me a bit to hear that Florida was an hour later. I'm so used to the opposite.

Awww there's no way to sleep when going to Disney!! Way too exciting.

Ahhh I'm getting excited to use DME for the first time. But thankfully I never have to wait in those horrible rental car lines. Why people don't sign up for the free membership (I use Dollar Express but I think they all have them), so basically I just walk to my car. So Easy.

Oops, I missed the second update...

I love that first shot right before the turn onto Victory Way, home of POP!!

"Izzy got excited to see the big picture of Ariel, her favourite princess." Smart kid!!

I hate yet to get to the check in counter as I've always gotten a CM with a iPad. Sad that she wasn't more pleasant though.

Aww yay, I'm all in for DIS reuniting!! And how convenient and awesome that it allowed the ability to ride Mine Train!!

Woah you cut that close!! Glad you made it! Lol

Bummer about the room :( I looked at online check in and couldn't find a place to request a king room. I need to look again. I think when I looked j was only looking at AoA so maybe it's different at pop.
Caden is in a big kid bed now so I feel a little bad not getting 2 beds. But I think he'll sleep better in the vanity area anyway. We'll just make him a nice soft pallet on the floor. He does well with that.

We've never been over to the 90s area at pop. I always wondered where those potato heads are! Now I know!

Can't wait to hear more!! Yay!

Coming over from your other thread, can't wait to read about all your adventures. Izzy is too cute for words, my DD loves shoes too.

Loving this! Izzy is so cute! I was a flight attendant for Delta before I had DD, and those snack boxes brought back many a lunch memory for me! ;) Looks like she did great on the plane and great on ME and I can't wait to see how your MK day went!

I'm in! This is a great report!!!:goodvibes
:welcome: and thank you! :flower3:

Haha, it threw me a bit to hear that Florida was an hour later. I'm so used to the opposite.
Oh, funny, I hadn't realized you had the opposite time change. That would be strange gaining an hour on the way to WDW. I think I'd like that better, though.

Awww there's no way to sleep when going to Disney!! Way too exciting.
Apparently true! ::yes::

Ahhh I'm getting excited to use DME for the first time. But thankfully I never have to wait in those horrible rental car lines. Why people don't sign up for the free membership (I use Dollar Express but I think they all have them), so basically I just walk to my car. So Easy.
Yay for your first DME experience! :cool1: Hope it goes smoothly for you. More often than not it is quick and painless for us. The only time I've dealt with a rental car in MCO was June and it was not fun - I had to wait in line at a counter and it was much longer than it looked (I think I had to wait because of my reservation being made through Lauren's credit card points? Not sure).

Oops, I missed the second update...

I love that first shot right before the turn onto Victory Way, home of POP!!
Such anticipation! Almost home! :yay:

"Izzy got excited to see the big picture of Ariel, her favourite princess." Smart kid!!
Amazing how much you have in common with a 2-year-old! :lmao: But, yes, Ariel is clearly the best! :thumbsup2 She's the only princess that Izzy calls by name.

I hate yet to get to the check in counter as I've always gotten a CM with a iPad. Sad that she wasn't more pleasant though.
Funny, I think this may have been my first experience with an iPad check-in. And she was fine, but just more focused on being quick and efficient versus particularly friendly...which was fine, considering we were in a hurry anyway.

Aww yay, I'm all in for DIS reuniting!! And how convenient and awesome that it allowed the ability to ride Mine Train!!
Yes, I haven't met as many DISers as you have, but it's a pretty awesome bunch here and so fun to actually meet up in the parks! Not to mention helping each other ride the Mine Train! :goodvibes

Woah you cut that close!! Glad you made it! Lol
Yeah, it was sure down to the wire. I've never booked it through the MK quite like that. But it all worked out. (And, foreshadowing...this won't be the last time I book it through a park this trip...:rolleyes1).

Bummer about the room :( I looked at online check in and couldn't find a place to request a king room. I need to look again. I think when I looked j was only looking at AoA so maybe it's different at pop.
Caden is in a big kid bed now so I feel a little bad not getting 2 beds. But I think he'll sleep better in the vanity area anyway. We'll just make him a nice soft pallet on the floor. He does well with that.
Yeah, there are not many things you can request via online check-in. You'll need to call and have them add what you want to your reservation. That's what I did. And hopefully it will be more effective for you. I know that, in the past, if we didn't get what we requested, at check-in they were able to change it if we mentioned it, but I didn't bother asking this time, given the hurry and the short stay.

We've never been over to the 90s area at pop. I always wondered where those potato heads are! Now I know!

Can't wait to hear more!! Yay!
Yep, just go past 9161 a bit and you'll find them! :thumbsup2

Coming over from your other thread, can't wait to read about all your adventures. Izzy is too cute for words, my DD loves shoes too.
:welcome: and glad you made it over! Aw, thanks, we think Izzy is pretty adorable. :cutie: Ha, I guess shoes are an excellent toy at this age. I just hope she doesn't become obsessed and need dozens of pairs of shoes in each size as she gets older. :scared:

Loving this! Izzy is so cute! I was a flight attendant for Delta before I had DD, and those snack boxes brought back many a lunch memory for me! ;) Looks like she did great on the plane and great on ME and I can't wait to see how your MK day went!
Aw, thanks! :goodvibes Ha, I suppose that was often your lunch! Interesting you were a Delta flight attendant. Okay, I have to ask, at risk of spoiling the end of my Hawaii soon-to-come TR: how often did you have to sit down and review your "evacuation preparation procedures" sheet before landing? :scared1: Maybe it is common, I don't know. :confused3

I'm in! Love reading your reports - Izzy is so cute! Plus, since she's just a little older than Luke, it gives me a good idea of what's to come.

I'm in! Love reading your reports - Izzy is so cute! Plus, since she's just a little older than Luke, it gives me a good idea of what's to come.

Hey, glad you're here! :goodvibes How did your trip go?

Yeah, I do the same thing - read TRs with slightly older kids to get a peek at what is to come!

). Yeah, there are not many things you can request via online check-in. You'll need to call and have them add what you want to your reservation. That's what I did. And hopefully it will be more effective for you. I know that, in the past, if we didn't get what we requested, at check-in they were able to change it if we mentioned it, but I didn't bother asking this time, given the hurry and the short stay. Yep, just go past 9161 a bit and you'll find them! :thumbsup2

I went ahead and did online check in today and requested lake view and 50s (or maybe top floor? I kept switching it). But I was telling Andrew that since we'll be checking into pop first thing in the morning after our AoA night, maybe we can just ask for a king room and tell them we can wait til one is available (since we'll be heading to a park anyway).
Where can I find the phone number for requests? I'll at least call and request a king bed.
My TA has always done this before and I thought I'd go for it myself this time. Lol. I miss her!

I went ahead and did online check in today and requested lake view and 50s (or maybe top floor? I kept switching it). But I was telling Andrew that since we'll be checking into pop first thing in the morning after our AoA night, maybe we can just ask for a king room and tell them we can wait til one is available (since we'll be heading to a park anyway).
Where can I find the phone number for requests? I'll at least call and request a king bed.
My TA has always done this before and I thought I'd go for it myself this time. Lol. I miss her!
Haha, I was replying on your report while you were replying on mine! :rotfl:

Sounds like a plan on the request. I think that you just call whatever the regular reservation number is? I remember that I did the online chat and they said they couldn't do it there and just to call and ask them to add it to my reservation. I know in the old days you used to be able to fax them into your resort a few days before, but not sure that is an option these days. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter