I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do SUBs appear as pending on Chase cards? Monday nights or Tuesdays nights?

Typically on Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Chase support bonuses go pending on Tuesday afternoons, usually by 6pm ET. Chase SUBs can go pending on any day, typically within a week of the qualifying charge that meets the MSR posts.

My 6 mos is up with Chase Total Checking, which I got for the bonus. Any advice for closing the account easily? I am hoping to avoid a branch visit, like I did for a Fifth Third closure.

Chase support bonuses go pending on Tuesday afternoons, usually by 6pm ET. Chase SUBs can go pending on any day, typically within a week of the qualifying charge that meets the MSR posts.
Yeah - oops. I didn't read that comment well enough, haha - I just was in reply mode. Probably because @DisneyMandC used the SUB acronym...

giphy.gif

TY! Have you ever done a split stay with Disney, or do you just stay at Universal for the duration of your trip?

I've done both ways, last Thanksgiving we just stayed at Universal the whole time and drove to Disney 3 days with our rental car. We had 2 adult kids with us so we didn't really get there for rope drop. We don't mind driving and have stayed offsite for Disney trips several times.

Guys I just booked a Disney cruise! We are doing the San Juan to New Orleans in February on the Wonder. Tons of delicious sea days. Used my placeholder and got a good price. We have never been to San Juan. I wanted to go there and spend some money to help the economy. :beach:

Now I get to do the fun stuff of booking the flights with miles and the hotels with points. I'll be saving my soon to be acquired 150,000 Hilton points for this trip! Yeah!

This sounds awesome. We've done Cruises out of New Orleans and San Juan and have enjoyed both of them esp by staying extra days. We did the El Yunque Rainforest hike in PR. Loved it. Have fun!

You can transfer all your money out and then send an SM to close the account. Very easy, I just did it for mine and DH's accounts.
Excellent..Thanks so much. How long do we have to wait until we can tap back in with Chase bank bonuses?
I just signed up for the WellsFargo $400 bonus account, funded via CC, and am working on DD.

Last edited:
Hey all, I had to step away from this thread the last month while we were buying our house. Talk about a crazy stressful period. I am happy to report we close today! When I started getting cards for points last fall I was concerned how it would impact buying a house. We went slow. DH opened two personal and one business, I did one business and one personal. There was not even a question about our newer accounts from the underwriters. As soon as we finish the move I will be jumping back in. The last few months have made me cringe at the amount of points we have missed out on. Now that we have some house related expenses I am going to need to get moving with some new cards!

I am so excited!!!!

DH called Chase and asked for his CIP app (from, you know March 1) to be closed on Friday. The rep said it was closed and suggested he apply again. Then he (I) applied again on Saturday and every time I called the application status line over the weekend (a restrained 10 times) it tried to connect me to a rep which I avoid when I'm calling about DH since apparently I don't have an abnormally low voice so can't genderbend like some people. ahem. Sadness, despair. Then I called this am and received the long awaited message...APPROVED! Oh wow, I can just see those 95K URs being transferred...whoo hooo!

ETA-I keep calling to make sure I'm not dreaming, lol.
Congrats party:

Hey all, I had to step away from this thread the last month while we were buying our house. Talk about a crazy stressful period. I am happy to report we close today! When I started getting cards for points last fall I was concerned how it would impact buying a house. We went slow. DH opened two personal and one business, I did one business and one personal. There was not even a question about our newer accounts from the underwriters. As soon as we finish the move I will be jumping back in. The last few months have made me cringe at the amount of points we have missed out on. Now that we have some house related expenses I am going to need to get moving with some new cards!

Congratulations on the house...how exciting !! party:

Most of us are grabbing they Aviator biz. It’s just too easy to pass up. The personal is a much more difficult decision - really depends on your attitude towards 5/24.

Hmmm did I do the train wrong when I grabbed the Citibusiness Plat select instead of the Avaiator Biz? Also of course on Friday when I asked if I should be concerned about card not arriving yet it was waiting in the mailbox when I got home.

I have stayed club level RPR several times, including last November. In case you don't know, it appears they have fewer hot breakfast offerings than PBH. There were usually some eggs. After 8 nights my DH was somewhat bored with the breakfast offerings. I'm fine with coffee, oatmeal, and fruit, but from reading the resort threads in the Uni section it seems PBH has more hot offerings. Being on the 7th floor was very convenient for breakfast since most club rooms are on that floor also, with some on 6.
Boo, did they have bacon? DS will be disappointed without bacon, at least, since that and cereal are basically all he eats for breakfast.

PBR did have nice offerings.

I guess we give it a try this trip and we’ll know for future trips.

I think I’m going to burn one of my 5/24 slots on a Barclay Arrival+ in about a week. Been trying to decide on a non chase card until I can get CIP2 sometime in June. I just want to double check and make sure my plan is ok. My last 24 months of stats:

5/17 BoA AAA Visa
6/18 CIP
10/18 CSR
11/18 Hilton biz
1/19 SW biz
3/4/19 SW Priority

My CL on the SW Priority is very high and I plan to lower that today, but I also have $2k balance on it. I hadn’t planned to pay it down until payment will be due mid May. Will either of these two facts make a difference with the Barclay app? I’ll pay it off earlier if it makes a difference.
Being 3/24 I think Arrival+ is a great card/choice. I think you’ll be fine with the balance. Barclay is a hard pull but I want to say they pull from transunion so you should be ok to go for CIPpy2 in June! Also have you considered AMEX rose gold? That’s another great one to have in your arsenal maybe once the BOA drops off

Should I be concerned? I met my MSR on 3/29 and still have not received my SUB on my Chase Freedom card.

You should be grabbing BOTH ;) :)

(Just to be clear though, the "train" is with Citi...you can get their cards every 95ish days. That Barclays card is more of a "one and done" proposition)

We should do the Barclay first right? Since barclays is more inquiry sensitive? Or so I’ve read lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter