I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the last 15 pages or so after our cruise last week. Had a great time on a cheapish Carnival cruise.

Used my Hilton FN cert from the aspire and some points to stay 2 nights pre-cruise at The Diplomat Hollywood Beach (Curio Collection). It was fabulous - upgraded to OceanFront room, $40/night breakfast credit and dining/drinks bill largely taken care of by the $250 Hilton resort credit. Rooms were going for almost $500/night when I booked. Wonderful small resort, fantastic staff and service. It was a refreshing change to stay at a Hilton property where Elite status was recognised without having to beg for your benefits. Well worth considering if you are looking for somewhere to stay close to Ft Lauderdale/Miami.

In other news, my slightly delayed 50k AAviator Biz SUB posted, plus an additional 10k points for the match requested by SM. Just received P2's JetBlue Biz so that MSR should take about a week. :o Then its probably CSP for P2 and CIP#2 for me in the next month if all goes to plan.

I think I know the answer but figured I’d check here. I have southwest travel credit expiring June 1. Is there any way to extend or save this? I know you can ask for a voucher after expiration at the cost of $100 - wasn’t sure if that’s my only option.

Posting from spring break Florida west palm beach. Flights paid for with companion pass and points earned from the sign up bonus(es)
Can you buy points? I don't know the answer, but might be an option?

Edit: Researched and this is not possible

Last edited:

Saw this being talked about this morning, but it looks like TPG may be the first with a story out, so take this with my apologies:

Chase Launches First-Ever Transfer Bonus: 30% Extra British Airways Avios (Until 6/16/19)

It’s certainly good news if Chase is following Amex and Citi in offering transfer bonuses, and hopefully Chase will run more of these deals to their other travel partners.

Last edited:
I think I know the answer but figured I’d check here. I have southwest travel credit expiring June 1. Is there any way to extend or save this? I know you can ask for a voucher after expiration at the cost of $100 - wasn’t sure if that’s my only option.

Posting from spring break Florida west palm beach. Flights paid for with companion pass and points earned from the sign up bonus(es)
I have never heard any reputable reports of people extending a SW travel credit other than the manner that you describe. You can always call in and try but you probably realize what the answer is going to be unfortunately.

This would largely depend on whether there are a bunch of through passengers on your flight or not. Assuming you are boarding an empty (or mostly empty) plane, then family boarding will get you seats together. I'm also assuming you are on a non-stop flight. I say this experience on dozens and dozens of SW flights with my family. If you care to share the actual flight date and times, we could try to determine that for you.

Since your flight is in a couple of weeks, I would absolutely NOT recommend purchasing EBCI at this point. If you had wanted EBCI, you would would have wanted to buy it immediately when you purchased your flight as the EBCI slots are assigned based on when you purchased it. The odds are good that so many people have bought it that you would end up in the B group boarding anyways (which means you'll be doing family boarding) and thus waste your money.

IMO, at just a couple of weeks out, I'd go with family boarding. No guarantee of A group unless you pay for A1-15. Family boarding is between A and B. If the flight is originating in IND, I think you'll have a good chance for 2 and 2 past the wings.

We have boarded family boarding for years and just moved into the regular cattle call in last couple years. We’ve never not gotten all 6 of us together when boarding with families. You should be ok.

It's a non-stop flight, leaving at 9:45 in the morning. Thanks for the tips! Hopefully this will work out... I am used to either Allegiant, where you can buy seat assignments up until the last minute and be fine, or Delta, where you purchase them right away. Next time I will pay for EBCI right away.

The discussion of Chase shutdowns this morning made me worry less about my plan to go for another Chase business card 2 months after opening first. Sure it is a little risky, but other than the Ink Cash in March before that my last Chase Card was April 2018. I just want another card because I have made the spend so quick and can easily make a MSR. Hopefully that will be okay when Chase has people like on Reddit to shutdown. Some (a lot) of that behavior is beyond crazy.

I also have to say thank you for all the nurses, doctors, caregivers on this board! DH had knee replacement on Thursday and honestly he is a horrible patient and I am an even worse nurse. It is so miserable; I really don’t know how people do it. At least the girls have had and are having a good holiday weekend with grandparents and cousins.

Meanwhile, this talk about having spouse’s etc away on business has me contemplating applying for jobs for DH that involve travel! He has his 20 in law enforcement so technically could retire; I just have pushed him to hold off for both financial and emotional well being issues. But now after this surgery I am thinking “well I apply for him for credit card applications all the time, isn’t turning in his resume to employers where he would travel and get out pretty much the same thing?!?”
I just hit 3 months yesterday since my last Chase Business card app. I am arbitrarily waiting until 5/1 for CIP #2. Lets see if I get the urge to apply sooner.

Wishing a speedy recover to your husband! After the nursing it looks like you may need another trip planned to recuperate yourself. Too bad Riviera isn't opening until December. I guess you will have to plan it at BLT or something :)

It's a non-stop flight, leaving at 9:45 in the morning. Thanks for the tips! Hopefully this will work out... I am used to either Allegiant, where you can buy seat assignments up until the last minute and be fine, or Delta, where you purchase them right away. Next time I will pay for EBCI right away.
You might be pleasantly surprised with your seating selections and see that EBCI isn't necessary. As long as I know I'm on a flight without thru passengers and I have an eligible child, I will save my money and just family board :)

DP for ya....and this may be a rare event.....but we boarded a SW flight from FLL yesterday with B41 - 43 positions - got 3 seats together in the last row of the plane.

ETA: B41 -43 was obtained having bought EBCI :scared1: Fortunately, our connecting flight had much more favorable A group positions and we were able to snag some great exit row seats.

This would largely depend on whether there are a bunch of through passengers on your flight or not. Assuming you are boarding an empty (or mostly empty) plane, then family boarding will get you seats together. I'm also assuming you are on a non-stop flight. I say this experience on dozens and dozens of SW flights with my family. If you care to share the actual flight date and times, we could try to determine that for you.

Since your flight is in a couple of weeks, I would absolutely NOT recommend purchasing EBCI at this point. If you had wanted EBCI, you would would have wanted to buy it immediately when you purchased your flight as the EBCI slots are assigned based on when you purchased it. The odds are good that so many people have bought it that you would end up in the B group boarding anyways (which means you'll be doing family boarding) and thus waste your money.
@apollodi I’ll go a step further. On our recent flight from ORD to MCO, there was a family of 5 that must have been late or connecting as they were the last on the plane. Of course there were not 5 seats together at that point. The flight attendants asked nicely for people to volunteer seats so they could be together (I think they did 3+2, keeping each kid with an adult). When there were no immediate volunteers the FA offered free drinks and then said “we’re not going anywhere until this family is seated” So I’m sure you’ll be able to get seats at family boarding. On our flight I paid for EBCI and got B25, DH did not and got B55. Our son is 10, so no family boarding (which is before B) and we still had 3 seats together. You’ll be fine with family boarding as long as you do 2 + 2, and not have to get 4 together.

DP for ya....and this may be a rare event.....but we boarded a SW flight from FLL yesterday with B41 - 43 positions - got 3 seats together in the last row of the plane.

ETA: B41 -43 was obtained having bought EBCI :scared1: Fortunately, our connecting flight had much more favorable A group positions and we were able to snag some great exit row seats.
You got a B41 on an EBCI??? How far in advance of the flight did you purchase it? That's pretty wild!

There was a question on reddit in the discussion thread that i thought was a fun topic...

"Name one personal expense that cannot be explained as a business expense."
disboarders... GO! :P

True story... I know someone who lost their law license after paying for a Disney trip out of their client trust account...

Not sure this technically meets the criteria for business cards and what not, but still not something I'd recommend doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter