I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing some research for a future vacation with my family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids. I'm looking into the Hyatt Ziva hotels. It seems I am only able to get points availability when searching for 2 people in a room. As soon as I look at 3 or more, all Hyatt award availability disappers.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to call to make a reservation with more than 2 in a room?
It can be so hard to try and book a room with 3 kids! I haven't done Hyatt, and I know that it varies based on the hotel, but online with Hilton nothing was showing up as available when I went from 4 to 5 people. I chatted with Hilton and he was able able to send me a link over chat to book a room that could fit 5 people. It's worth a chat or phone call to at least see.

I hope I don't sound like a yinzer... LOL! If anybody wants to know what one sounds like though, search Pittsburgh Dad on youtube - it's hilaroius!
Oh my! I started with the Giant Eagle since I have a frame of reference and best part was the anniversary trip to the new Market District location :laughing: What killed me though was the Dad Flips out in Traffic! I lost it at the tunnel :rotfl:Thats us every trip!

Went to Office Max last night and they were out of $200 visa gift cards so I had to buy three $100 visa gift cards. At least I got $6 in shopkicks.

This morning I bought my first m.o. with visa gift cards. I can't imagine doing that more than a few times a month.

Lol I happened to go to the one on Broad Street last night and pick up some $200 ones...

Dh: but do we need these ones with the neon dots and stripes?
Me: yes we can use those for birthdays all year!

LOL, I do this too! Not always easy to find ones that don't look Christmasy though. I'll turn to DS as I'm wrapping a birthday present - this doesn't look Christmasy right? And he goes yeah it does, and start pointing out the Christmas elements. 😆

LOL, I do this too! Not always easy to find ones that don't look Christmasy though. I'll turn to DS as I'm wrapping a birthday present - this doesn't look Christmasy right? And he goes yeah it does, and start pointing out the Christmas elements. 😆
Took us a couple years to notice one of the Transformers rolls had subtle snowflake motifs on it, oops :ssst:

DH and I aren't millennials but we feel the same way. The only broadcast TV we watch is the Olympics, and just a little bit of it.
No sports? DS would die. Lol. We have Hulu live and they just announced a $10 per month increase. Ugh. Will be looking into new service. Suggestions anyone?

I HATE FedEx so much. We never deal with them normally because we get everything from amazon and they don’t use them (thank god). We ordered a changing table from target that came with a chip in it. They said they’d send a replacement no problem with express shipping. Apparently that means nothing to FedEx. The delivery was estimated yesterday at 8 pm. It’s now 1 am and it still says delivery will be Tuesday...it’s Wednesday!!! The package stayed in one place for an entire day. It’s saying it’s in California. I’m not sure what’s going on but we leave Friday and if it’s not here by then I guess we’ll be putting a hold on our mail with them. If I order anything from target again I’ll make sure it’s not shipping with FedEx and if it is I won’t be ordering it.

Sorry for the vent but this isn’t the first item we’ve gotten issues with from target that shipped with FedEx.

ETA: I just checked and now it says no scheduled delivery date and it’s pending. What?!?!?!😡😡😡😡
It’s Christmas. USPS and UPS are doing the same. I hate the SurePost stuff because USPS is terrible, and I can’t track it. We used to have the best mail person ever. I mean DS brought her a souvenir from DLR because she was so nice. Now, ugh. Last month I got a notice that a package was undeliverable. No reason checked on the slip, it was blank except our address. I went online and checked for redelivery. I happened to be home the next day and the mail person needed my signature (BJs gift cards) and I said ‘how do I know that, it’s not indicated on the slip, no boxes checked’ She says oh that’s always what it’s for. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Also UPS is getting stupid. Our front door faces sideways (to driveway, not street) and there is a brick wall between stairs and street so if there are packages on the stairs, they can’t be seen from the street. Unless you do what UPS did, and stack 3 boxes so they are above the top of the wall. Thanks for making my packages visible to all the thieves.
No there's not, at least not for me. I usually buy my own gifts, sometimes even wrap them. But that's fine with me. Then I know that we got the best deal we could. :-)
I like buying for the kids and watching them open. I ordered my own gifts. But it’s stressful getting everything done when I have to work Christmas Eve and the day after. No time to relax. OTOH, DS is very much into buying gifts for mom and dad this year. The more gifts the better. I gave him a $20 GC and set him loose in Target while I shopped. He came back with .03 left on the GC. Then at Cost Plus, he wanted to buy some stuff, so I gave him another $20 and a screenshot of my 15% off coupon. He came back with .57. Of course, I find out he bought DH Bloody Mary mix. In 35 years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen DH drink a Bloody Mary but he’s not too picky if there’s alcohol involved so I made sure to get a bottle of vodka to go with it. Lol
@GlamMistress
Ahhh, I beg to differ on the excitement level for adults. I'm pretty excited to enjoy xmas with my family and friends. Since the grands came along, it's put a whole new spin on things. I actually don't care if I get a gift or not but I enjoy making those around me surprised or happy.
I do love seeing DS excited. He still believes in Santa at age 10.

I have found my people! I have a whole box of different papers, and if I run out of a color I refill... never mind I may have 12 more rolls :laughing:

And so I don't lose my cheapie cheap badge - I mostly get it on after holidays clearance :D
I have loads of paper. Each person’s gifts are all wrapped in the same paper, so at least one roll for each. Then there is a roll for Santa gifts. Plus my sister has an elf who brings gifts, gotta have his own paper. Plus for giving tree or other donations. I’m not into the bows and ribbons but gotta have matching tags.
PB wins the cup is the best. I also like the munchies, baked/unbaked and the chocolate cookies and cream. DH got the 12 scoop sampler one time and he shared some of it.
DS might lose his mind here.
We love the ooey gooey butter cake one!
Yum.
We got our second HOA fees sent to us. They charge $14.95 to pay with a credit card!!! It’s 7-8% of the bill. That is crazy
I can’t deal with HOA fees. Not super common here but it was definitely a deal breaker if it was in the listing. Probably hard to avoid where you’re at.
You bring up a good point here. I do wonder if AA will ultimately also hold Citi responsible for their negligence and terrible IT. They created this mess...
Actually churners created the mess. Citi just allowed it.

Another one here who buys the non-Christmasy looking paper to use for bdays. I go for the purple, blue and silver designs (usually solid). Last year, I saw several Disney prints, like Frozen and Mickey's roadsters, that didn't look Christmasy at all! SOOOO, my teen dd's got their bday gifts wrapped in Frozen paper 😁

No sports? DS would die. Lol. We have Hulu live and they just announced a $10 per month increase. Ugh. Will be looking into new service. Suggestions anyone?

It’s Christmas. USPS and UPS are doing the same. I hate the SurePost stuff because USPS is terrible, and I can’t track it. We used to have the best mail person ever. I mean DS brought her a souvenir from DLR because she was so nice. Now, ugh. Last month I got a notice that a package was undeliverable. No reason checked on the slip, it was blank except our address. I went online and checked for redelivery. I happened to be home the next day and the mail person needed my signature (BJs gift cards) and I said ‘how do I know that, it’s not indicated on the slip, no boxes checked’ She says oh that’s always what it’s for. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Also UPS is getting stupid. Our front door faces sideways (to driveway, not street) and there is a brick wall between stairs and street so if there are packages on the stairs, they can’t be seen from the street. Unless you do what UPS did, and stack 3 boxes so they are above the top of the wall. Thanks for making my packages visible to all the thieves.

I like buying for the kids and watching them open. I ordered my own gifts. But it’s stressful getting everything done when I have to work Christmas Eve and the day after. No time to relax. OTOH, DS is very much into buying gifts for mom and dad this year. The more gifts the better. I gave him a $20 GC and set him loose in Target while I shopped. He came back with .03 left on the GC. Then at Cost Plus, he wanted to buy some stuff, so I gave him another $20 and a screenshot of my 15% off coupon. He came back with .57. Of course, I find out he bought DH Bloody Mary mix. In 35 years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen DH drink a Bloody Mary but he’s not too picky if there’s alcohol involved so I made sure to get a bottle of vodka to go with it. Lol

I do love seeing DS excited. He still believes in Santa at age 10.

I have loads of paper. Each person’s gifts are all wrapped in the same paper, so at least one roll for each. Then there is a roll for Santa gifts. Plus my sister has an elf who brings gifts, gotta have his own paper. Plus for giving tree or other donations. I’m not into the bows and ribbons but gotta have matching tags.

DS might lose his mind here.

Yum.

I can’t deal with HOA fees. Not super common here but it was definitely a deal breaker if it was in the listing. Probably hard to avoid where you’re at.

Actually churners created the mess. Citi just allowed it.
Our mail service has actually been fantastic. We’ve been getting a lot of things from amazon lately with prime and they’ve all come on time. I don’t think we’ve gotten anything from ups so I can’t comment on them.

HOAs are pretty hard to avoid here. We got in a neighborhood with no pool so ours are much lower than the others. They just finished a big village community center type thing with a pool and tennis courts that we can buy into but I doubt we will

highly recommend it if not on the dining plan. I’m not seeing the 12 scoop one the menu online so idk if they got rid of it but I see the 6 scoop is $9.99 which isn’t that bad for Ample Hills a small is $6.99. You could always get the 2 six scoops.

The 12 scoop was still there on Saturday when we were down so it's either a very recent change or they haven't updated their site.

:rotfl: DH likes shiny foil paper the best, and that's what all of my non-Christmassy ones are. They are like the bright dots I mentioned, or I got a pack once that was all blues in stripes, dots, squares. So DH starts pulling them out for Christmas and I'm like NO USE THE ONES WITH SANTAS/POLAR BEARS/POINSETTAS/WHATEVER

@Haley R Are you talking about Addison Village? We built a house in Viera 8 years ago and moved on but we recently almost bought again in Viera. The place has really developed and looks awesome. Are you delivering at the Viera Hospital? Best wishes to you! My kids loved the schools there. Unfortunately, the special education system wasn't up to par so we needed to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter