• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capital One 360 Money Market question. Received something in the mail to open one. It says for minimum $10k deposited will receive a $200 bonus. It also says no fees. Though no mention of how long I would have to keep the account open. Anyone ever open one of these or just have any additional info on it.
I did a cap one 360 bonus...x2, one was for DH. It was those same terms and no min time open. Mine are still open b/c I turned them into savings accounts for kids.

Has anyone been to the Baltimore Aquarium recently? Are there ever any discounted tickets? DH and I are thinking about using my Marriott free night and spending the night in Baltimore. It's been a looooong time since I've been to the aquarium, so we're thinking of doing that and going over to National Harbor for some shopping and whatnot.

ThanKs. Will check out DoC. But how long did you keep the money in the account?
I opened on 8/20 and the bonus posted 8/27. I promptly removed most of the fund, leaving just the amount that my child had in his WF savings. I then moved his WF savings to my own savings to "pay myself back." So, no min time for the account to hold the $10k...just til the bonus posts.

Most recent twitter campaign update...

They responded to one of us (I can’t recall who) stating that it was a “MUTUAL” business decision between Chase and Disney. Perhaps I’ll turn some attention to the Disney side of things.

I'm going to the World 3/30-4/1 with a friend. I completely convinced myself Spring Break crowds are going to be NBD because Easter is late this year, so the crowds will be psuedo-holiday crowds... Me upon seeing these barely-a-real-Holiday President's Day Weekend waitimes... https://giphy.com/gifs/no-sudden-realization-XSvEiht5eLeSI
I'm trying to do a march trip..flexible...midweek for 3 nights...and I can't hardly find any decent room option. DD19 found me ASMu, but that is no fun. I want POP, AofA, or PORS royal. Nada. I looked with my ap discount and nada. It seems the whole month will be busy, even with the late Easter date.

Let's try to do something about this...

I know a lot of us have twitter - let's start tweeting Chase and Disney and try to see if we can drum up some attention (this probably won't work at all..but why not try...)

https://twitter.com/SouthFayetteFan/status/1097589793675010048

I just tweeted the following (in 2 tweets)
@Chase @ChaseSupport @DisneyParks @WaltDisneyWorld @Expedia #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney Why no Disney resorts on your Chase Travel Portal? I thought these were "ULTIMATE" rewards... #UltimateRewards #NotUltimateRewards #ChaseHatesDisney 1 of 2

To me Disney World is my Ultimate Travel goal - I wish I was told you were going to remove all 25 of the Walt Disney World resort hotels before I earned all of these points. #FreeDisneyResorts #ChaseHatesDisney #FixUltimateRewardsPlease I just want to take my girls to Disney!
If you'd be so kind - let's re-tweet this, do your own new tweets, use some of the hashtags, create your own. Like I said it probably won't do anything, but let's at least make sure Chase and Disney know that something is missing here!

I retweeted...I think. I am sorta twitter illiterate.

Has anyone been to the Baltimore Aquarium recently? Are there ever any discounted tickets? DH and I are thinking about using my Marriott free night and spending the night in Baltimore. It's been a looooong time since I've been to the aquarium, so we're thinking of doing that and going over to National Harbor for some shopping and whatnot.
DS went in the fall but that was on a school field trip and I wasn't selected to chaperone :( It looks like retailmenot has a $5 off code- https://www.retailmenot.com/view/aqua.org. There were doing Fridays after 5 pm for a discounted rate but I am not sure if they are still doing that or not. Lots of terrific restaurants in the area, especially in Little Italy.

ETA: Looks like they are still doing Fridays after 5 pm- https://www.aqua.org/Visit/Special-Offers

DS went in the fall but that was on a school field trip and I wasn't selected to chaperone :( It looks like retailmenot has a $5 off code- https://www.retailmenot.com/view/aqua.org. There were doing Fridays after 5 pm for a discounted rate but I am not sure if they are still doing that or not. Lots of terrific restaurants in the area, especially in Little Italy.

ETA: Looks like they are still doing Fridays after 5 pm- https://www.aqua.org/Visit/Special-Offers

Thanks! Yeah I need to look around at the food options too. I think we'll just go up early Saturday morning, stay the night and then drive home Sunday afternoon. Need to try to decide when to do this. Our only free weekend in April is Easter weekend, so I feel like that wouldn't be a great time. We might just go in May. DH LOVES Italian food, so definitely going to check out our options there!

Here's another tweet to blast:
https://twitter.com/SouthFayetteFan/status/1097622553747734528

Did you guys realize that Expedia shows Disney resorts when not in the UR portal? I'm literally LIVID right now...Expedia can sell Disney resorts...WHO IS BLOCKING THEM FROM THE UR PORTAL? >:(:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc: (taking a page out of the @amalone1013 playbook)

MAYBE I should've already known this, but I didn't and know I'm just ughhhhh!

Wait a second...you didn't know they were still on Expedia or are you playing naive customer?

Most recent twitter campaign update...

They responded to one of us (I can’t recall who) stating that it was a “MUTUAL” business decision between Chase and Disney. Perhaps I’ll turn some attention to the Disney side of things.
:crazy2::badpc::crazy2::badpc::crazy2::badpc::crazy2::badpc::crazy2::badpc:
I'm trying to do a march trip..flexible...midweek for 3 nights...and I can't hardly find any decent room option. DD19 found me ASMu, but that is no fun. I want POP, AofA, or PORS royal. Nada. I looked with my ap discount and nada. It seems the whole month will be busy, even with the late Easter date.
I am still playing around trying to figure out something during F&G, not the best of luck overall :(
What's in the five cans? I guess tomatos, beans but then I'm lost? Maybe some green chilies?
Haha, tomatoes, 2xpinto beans (though I used my instapot beans I made Sunday), rotel, and chili without beans. Velveeta, ground beef, sour cream. Super healthy taco soup for my family :rotfl:

I'm beginning to think I'm not going to get the PNC bonus for DH. It's been almost a month since I completed the debit card requirements and my CC funding from DH's CSP is showing as a paycheck in the account, but still nothing. Any ideas? I don't want to call and draw attention to the fact that I used a CC, but looking through some of the comments on DoC it looks like either people have called even using a CC and nothing has been said about it since it shows up as a paycheck.
This happened to me when I did the PNC bonus last fall. My CC funding coded as a paycheck, but no bonus came after the debit card requirements. Then, I pushed from CapOne, which also coded as a paycheck, but still no bonus. I ended up doing a legitimate DD from work during my last week to earn the bonus, and then messaging PNC since I had actually fulfilled the requirements. My bonus showed up a couple days after I messaged them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter