• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a FP+ for Nemo this morning and could not believe the standby line was at 55 minutes. It's a neat little ride but it's not worth that. By the time we left, even the FP+ ride was stretched way back. The Figment ride was over 30 minutes standby as well! Crazy stuff.

The weird thing is, WS doesn't feel that busy. It was definitely much busier during F&W last year, and I don't remember the standby lines being that long.

We're back at our resort, Boardwalk, resting for a bit. It's HOT. Definitely had worse, but 86° in February is a bit surprising!

This is our first DVC stay, and we LOVE Boardwalk. I've been really impressed. We head to Kidani Village tomorrow for the rest of the week. I am DEFINITELY NOT browsing small-point contract BWV/BCV listings right now...

Haha.....when I bought Boardwalk in 2000, a friend at the time thought I was making a mistake. They owned at OKW and OKW was bigger rooms, 2 queen beds and on and on. I could see that you could be right in the middle of 2 parks and 5 resorts and with an AP could do any park and walk to Epcot for dinner. Of course that was when you could decide to just go to dinner and you might have a small wait but you could walk up and rarely did not get a table.

Kidani is nice also but does not have the vibe of Boardwalk. For me it's the feeling not so much the decor of the rooms. I'm big on Jambo house but mostly for the concierge access. I also like Jiko a lot and I do enjoy Boma, but given a choice I choose Jiko. Don't forget to keep your DVC card on you for any discounts. Even for a snack at Screen Door - they won't give it unless you show it, but it is 10% off.

Anyway said friend above sold some points and bought some points at Boardwalk after a few years and stays just about everywhere except OKW.

Thank you! The professor told me it went great and that he’d be in the top few piano students, but DS is telling me about all the problems with his performance and how he can’t see how it could have been that good. Crazy that your DD is there. What does she study?
Elementary Ed...has always wanted to be a teacher. Congrats to your son. Sounds like he knocked it out of the park.

Oh my, Chase pulled both TU and EX for the SW Biz card for me. Apparently they've done it for each card but my credit monitoring service stopped telling me about the TU ones. (free service from a security breach, but it was usually very competent. and still the best one yet of all the breaches :laughing:) Got notified from the Chase Credit Journey for that one and the monitoring service for the Experian. I guess Chase is nearly as bad as CapOne for some folks. Also pays to have multiple monitoring services. I occasionally get notice from Discover but haven't so far on this one. I have found their service unreliable as when I have received notifications I usually can't access them. The Credit Journey got goofed up for me for a while and this is the first card I've applied since it was fixed so it was nice to see the notifications actually working again.

Ok, this seems fairly straightforward actually. Sounds like I should apply for the CSR first since that's the one I'd want to keep if anything happens. I'll probably apply tomorrow night since today's a holiday.

Thanks!
Cool! Just make sure you separate the applications by a day. If you apply for both on the same calendar day Chase might catch the 2nd app and close that card down the line. Also FYI - no support links for CSR but when apply for CSP please consider supporting a fellow DISer via a DISchurners link :)

Haha.....when I bought Boardwalk in 2000, a friend at the time thought I was making a mistake. They owned at OKW and OKW was bigger rooms, 2 queen beds and on and on. I could see that you could be right in the middle of 2 parks and 5 resorts and with an AP could do any park and walk to Epcot for dinner. Of course that was when you could decide to just go to dinner and you might have a small wait but you could walk up and rarely did not get a table.

Kidani is nice also but does not have the vibe of Boardwalk. For me it's the feeling not so much the decor of the rooms. I'm big on Jambo house but mostly for the concierge access. I also like Jiko a lot and I do enjoy Boma, but given a choice I choose Jiko. Don't forget to keep your DVC card on you for any discounts. Even for a snack at Screen Door - they won't give it unless you show it, but it is 10% off.

Anyway said friend above sold some points and bought some points at Boardwalk after a few years and stays just about everywhere except OKW.

I absolutely love the boardwalk too. I’m so glad we bought there. Only regret is we didn’t buy more points there. We also have more pts at the beachclub, and while I like it for stormalong bay, I don’t really like the location of the DVC rooms as much. Just feel kinda tucked into the woods back there.

And Jiko!!! YES!! We had always gone to Boma. Well, we finally tried out Jiko on our last trip and it was my favorite food of the entire trip. Always heard great things about it and can’t believe it took us this long to go. Still love Boma, so now I’m gonna have such a hard time deciding where to go the next time. Guess we’ll have to do both!

Couple of cautions from our friends over on r/churning (aka the early warning system :p)

1. Not sure how much it's been speculated, however logical the path is, but AA awards are probably moving to a dynamic valuation versus an awards chart. No time frame but as the new search tool is rolled out it's designed to ultimately get there it seems. I picked out the insider comment within the discussion post to follow (r/churning DD thread 2/18, 1)
Just a warning to keep it in mind while planning out future flights. Those boarding the train for hotel stops only would be undeterred :)

2. As we discussed velocity issues leading to shutdowns the other day, another caution when thinking about AoR's (app o'rama :) or 'how many cards can I apply for in one day (few days) before my browser overheats') Your existing credit issuers do soft pulls of your credit periodically to check up on you. If they see something they don't like, they can take adverse action on your accounts, even if you're not doing anything risky with them. We've seen Chase shutdowns and recently some from BoA and here's a report from US Bank, where despite being a customer for several years, after a crazy AoR all their accounts are seemingly shutdown both old and new. Excerpt with the key stats (r/churning DD thread 2/18, 2)
I don't think there's too many here that would follow in those steps but, again, just a word of caution when you feel the need to break free from 5/24 - perhaps don't rampage out the gate :)

I also just shared it in the News Thread that rteetz handles here - it's one of the most heavily trafficked threads on the DIS I think!
I've attempted to tweet a couple of times.....both times my acct got shut off and I have no idea why(or even how to tweet really)

I'm beginning to think I'm not going to get the PNC bonus for DH. It's been almost a month since I completed the debit card requirements and my CC funding from DH's CSP is showing as a paycheck in the account, but still nothing. Any ideas? I don't want to call and draw attention to the fact that I used a CC, but looking through some of the comments on DoC it looks like either people have called even using a CC and nothing has been said about it since it shows up as a paycheck.

Ugh, I booked a tour with an AP discount this am, (just under $100) and I figured I would just use my cash back card since I have a negative balance there with my warranty repair through Citi. Well, once it went pending I see it coded as "WDW Room Only." Womp Womp. I could have earned triple points and had it count towards my CIP MSR. Fail. I mean its only like $4.50 worth of UR and I am making good progress on the CIP, but I am a little annoyed. At least I know how tours will code in the future.

I was checking my AmEx offers and noticed on my Gold card, I had already selected a Carnival (and their chain) offer for $100 back on $500 and this morning I had an offer for 10k MRs for $500. Does that mean I could spend the same $500 to trigger both offers? Might need to take a closer look to see if there are appealing cruises with them.

ETA: Found one that leaves at Baltimore that might work. Easy drive to the port. Guess I'll see what DH says this afternoon when I get home from work. I could use his offer and my offers and then transfer to Chase and use URs for the balance.

Last edited:
I was checking my AmEx offers and noticed on my Gold card, I had already selected a Carnival (and their chain) offer for $100 back on $500 and this morning I had an offer for 10k MRs for $500. Does that mean I could spend the same $500 to trigger both offers? Might need to take a closer look to see if there are appealing cruises with them.

DoC has reports in the comments of people getting both the cash back and the MRs on other offers. You might act fast in case that ends soon though, and I guess you never know on clawbacks.

I'm beginning to think I'm not going to get the PNC bonus for DH. It's been almost a month since I completed the debit card requirements and my CC funding from DH's CSP is showing as a paycheck in the account, but still nothing. Any ideas? I don't want to call and draw attention to the fact that I used a CC, but looking through some of the comments on DoC it looks like either people have called even using a CC and nothing has been said about it since it shows up as a paycheck.
There were a couple reports of PNC bonus posting around 2/8. Here's one to compare timing https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...count_bonus_week_of_february_05_2019/eg3k407/

If it's been that long I'd have thought you'd make it into the first batch. You didn't sign up for the Select account with the 5k requirement instead by accident? But you have 60 days to meet the requirements, could try pushing some other money around to try to trigger it.

There were a couple reports of PNC bonus posting around 2/8. Here's one to compare timing https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...count_bonus_week_of_february_05_2019/eg3k407/

If it's been that long I'd have thought you'd make it into the first batch. You didn't sign up for the Select account with the 5k requirement instead by accident? But you have 60 days to meet the requirements, could try pushing some other money around to try to trigger it.

I definitely only signed up for the 2k. I mean, I guess if nothing else than I finished off the CSP MSR quickly, but that is frustrating. If it hasn't posted by 2/28, I'm going to move all the money out and close the account.

I don't have any advice whether to call or not, but my timeline was DH completed the requirements on 10/2, bonus received 10/26. Mine was 11/17, bonus 11/30. Looks like both the bonuses posted on the last Friday of the month. With January 25 being the last Friday last month maybe they didn't get it processed in time. I would wait and see if it posts this Friday, the last Friday of the month before I'd call.

Ok, this seems fairly straightforward actually. Sounds like I should apply for the CSR first since that's the one I'd want to keep if anything happens. I'll probably apply tomorrow night since today's a holiday.

Thanks!

I did the double dip last year, before we modified it, and gained money. Just to let you know how it can work. I payed the initial $450 fee, and used $300 in travel credit for the CSR. I received 50,000 URs for each card. After 1 year when the AF for the CSP ($95, free first year) hit I downgraded the card to a Freedom Unlimited and got the $95 back. When the $450 fee hit for the CSR the second time, I quickly spent $300 in travel money, waited for the $300 to be reimbursed as travel credit and then downgraded the CSR to a Freeedom for a $450 refund of the AF. So I earned 100,000 URs, paid net $150 in fees and got back an extra $300 in credit. You may want to keep one of the cards though, or you can refer your DH before the year is up and change yours and then he will have the cards. My DH has the CSR and will not give it up, even though he thought I was crazy when we initially signed up for it. Good luck with your double dip.

I don't have any advice whether to call or not, but my timeline was DH completed the requirements on 10/2, bonus received 10/26. Mine was 11/17, bonus 11/30. Looks like both the bonuses posted on the last Friday of the month. With January 25 being the last Friday last month maybe they didn't get it processed in time. I would wait and see if it posts this Friday, the last Friday of the month before I'd call.
I am wondering about mine also. My last debit card transaction was 1/28 and no bonus yet. I did the $5k direct deposit, and got confirmation email that it did code as a direct deposit. Hopefully this Friday then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter