• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my state (Ohio), 1000 fuel points is the most I can use per fill up with 35 gallons being the maximum. So for me, 2000 fuel points would be 2 fills at $1 off per gallon each one. I’ve been in some states where you can do $2 off per gallon in one fill though. I think TN is one.
Thank you. I used the Kroger 4x rewards 3 times for full 35 gallons with a $1 discount. Nice buying gas for 99 cents per gallon.
so if a store says hardware paint glass what does that mean on that site?
I forgot to respond, but it sounds like Home Improvement Stores category.
I have never actually used the VISA MCC site, just re-post the link when folks ask.

Interesting offer on my Amex Plat today.
DETAILS
Get 1,500 Membership Rewards® points by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,500+ in one or more eligible transactions. Once you add the offer to your eligible card, you will have 90 days to spend $1,500 or more, up to 3 times during the offer term. See terms for exclusions.

I'm not a huge MR earner/user but I do like the Home Depot gift cards. Looks like it makes it a 2 point card for now?
There seem to be different versions. Mine is Spend $4,000, get 2,000 MR up to 3 times.

Anyone know how long it would take to see a $5 credit for the small business offer? I have a few purchases from this week that posted, no credit tho....
I chatted with Amex last Thursday about a couple of credits that didn't post, even though they were listed on the map. The $5 credits posted to my account on Sunday. If you have a couple of credits that haven't posted you may want to chat with Amex. Both of the locations that didn't post were places that I normally wouldn't shop, which is why I wanted to make sure I got the credits.

I chatted with Amex last Thursday about a couple of credits that didn't post, even though they were listed on the map. The $5 credits posted to my account on Sunday. If you have a couple of credits that haven't posted you may want to chat with Amex. Both of the locations that didn't post were places that I normally wouldn't shop, which is why I wanted to make sure I got the credits.
I had the same experience. And now I am waiting for my Sams Club credits :-(

Southwest "Convert Travel Funds to Point" is now live:

Per a report on r/churning the conversion rate is 1.282 cpp

Here's an image provided. I haven't personally checked any of this myself yet and I have no credits to my name to verify the calculation.

This might be a nice way to use the $75 travel credit from the Priority card and convert to points.

I’m not WVMomof3, but I hope you don’t mind me chiming in.

My info is several years old now, so take it with a grain of salt. I used to stalk the website multiple times a day, and at one point I’m sure I had reservations for three different places for one night until I was able to get exactly what I wanted. One thing I found was that on the Xanterra site, there were two separate ways of checking availability. Sorry, I forget exactly what they were (maybe by lodging versus by date), but one day when I released one of my nights and then shortly after checked availabilities, I noticed my released room showed up on one way of inquiry before the other. Maybe if that’s still the case and you can figure it out that will help you get what you want.

I just checked, and unfortunately, Grant Village is closed. It’s out of the way, but that was the easiest (and first place) I was able to secure a room. I started with that and then shifted things around as they became available. On the plus side, I noticed that a couple of places didn’t fill up last night, although they did today by shortly after 10 am.

So...we stayed in an old room at the Old Faithful Inn. We only stayed there one night, because the bathrooms are down the hall, and I wasn’t sure how that would play out with a teen daughter,but we both wish we had stayed there again rather than the Snow Lodge Cabins we stayed at when we completed our loop around the park. We were urged to stay in the old rooms by multiple people on Tripadvisor, and I’m so glad we did. It was our favorite. Just so charming and felt like we were having “the Yellowstone experience.” On the other hand, the Snow Lodge Cabins were our least favorite rooms. I complained and got a small credit to our bill. The carpet was dirty and gross. Of course, that may not be the case now.

Our second favorite were the Canyon Lodge Cabins. A much nicer room than the Snow Lodge Cabins, and with a family, you might appreciate the size over a regular room.

We stayed at the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel also. It was fine for what it was, just not my favorite. They were just finishing up a remodel, and the lobby to me had no “ soul.” The room was small, but fine.

We didn’t stay at The Lake Lodge, but we did stop in there, and the public spaces and grounds were very nice.

Hope this helps.

Just checked our SW flights for a DW trip planned for November. Noticed that the exact same flight was about 1500 pts cheaper. So definitely cancelled and re-booked the flight. Might be worth checking as airlines give good discounts!. Hard to beat round trip flight from Portland, OR to Orlando and back for less than 20k pts total for wife and me!

With the CSP Pay Yourself Back program, will using it count against my SUB spend?

So, if I spend $4k (plus the $95 AF), and pay myself back $1k, will I still earn my bonus?

With the CSP Pay Yourself Back program, will using it count against my SUB spend?

So, if I spend $4k (plus the $95 AF), and pay myself back $1k, will I still earn my bonus?

As far as I understand you "pay yourself back" with points earned for spend. So you wouldn't be able pay yourself back with the sign up bonus until the points are deposited in your account.

Southwest "Convert Travel Funds to Point" is now live:

Per a report on r/churning the conversion rate is 1.282 cpp

Here's an image provided. I haven't personally checked any of this myself yet and I have no credits to my name to verify the calculation.

Thanks! I got 780 points for $10 credit. I had 9 separate credits, so I converted the smallest ones so far. Going back to look into how much they are worth on travel.

So my next flight would be $109 or 7644 points + $5.60. So, (780/7644) X (109-5.60) = $10.55. I guess it's a decent deal, especially if I don't plan to fly SW that much. There doesn't seem to be any reason NOT to convert the rest of my $355 funds.

Last edited:
Thanks! I got 780 points for $10 credit. I had 9 separate credits, so I converted the smallest ones so far. Going back to look into how much they are worth on travel.
The 1.282 cpp is holding true. It's actually based on the SW published valuation of 78 points per $1. And it all checks out - it's the right value, a fair value.

I booked a hotel in London for next summer for our Iceland/Norway cruise. Really limited options for a family of three on Marriott points so I went with the Residence Inn London Bridge. Not booking flights until I have a better sense of the likelihood of a vaccine (and how widely available it will be). And I'm struggling because I want to do five days in London but the cruise is 11 days and I'm afraid the kids might not be able to work over the summer if they have to take three weeks off. I should be okay with my job (but who knows).

It should count. :)
Thank you!
As far as I understand you "pay yourself back" with points earned for spend. So you wouldn't be able pay yourself back with the sign up bonus until the points are deposited in your account.
If you time it right, you can still win this game.
Thinking about timing, I met spend in first two bills, so I could have "payed myself back" after the bonus was awarded, toward the third bill. But I had existing points transferred to the CSP, ready to use.

Already created a SW RR for my mom and changed for credit to points that I will use for future flights since I had purchased her ticket.

Do the points have to go in the name of the travel credit holder's RR account? I have funds for each of my kids due to a cancelled WDW trip, but none of them have a RR account. I would have to sign up each of them? Wondering if it's worth the hassle to manage 3 extra accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter