I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled two Delta flights this year on miles and there weren't any fees. Is cancelling different than changing or was this a pandemic waiver of any fees to redeposit my miles?
Pandemic waiver I think. IIRC there used to be a $75 fee to redeposit miles after cancelling a SM ticket. Part of the reason I try to book on WN with points for trips I'm not 100% sure of.

I cancelled two Delta flights this year on miles and there weren't any fees. Is cancelling different than changing or was this a pandemic waiver of any fees to redeposit my miles?

Likely because the airlines had a separate fee waiver policy specifically for covid.

What happened to the Southwest $39 sale? I booked DNiece a flight home last week for under $100 round trip. I tried to book DD a flight tonight and OMG! The prices are through the roof!

I applied a week ago for a CFU. I had just gone under 5/24 with my DD from August 2018 dropping off. I got a “we need to review your application” message and haven’t heard anything either way. The status line has been saying the status of my application is unknown, and nothing new has shown up in my chase account. I’m assuming it’s a denial. My first one :-(
Curious to find out why. How long is it typically before you receive a letter?
you should be able to find out next day or a day after that by looking through your statement and document section of your chase account... they usually will put a letter there and also send you one in the mail.

When were you able to book them? I'm still trying to figure out when the rooms will release.

Hyatt releases rooms 13 months in advance, and you can book many on awards then. The Andaz Toranomon Hills may be 12 months for award bookings, but remains fairly open after that even though it’s a relatively small property (6 floors of a little more than 150 rooms and only 8 suites) since there should be a lot of standard rooms available for awards. The Tokyo Station Hotel is tough to book. It’s part of the SLH program, although you can use Hyatt points to book but you don’t get all the benefits. You do get free breakfast included for two. It’s a relatively small hotel with just 150 rooms. But you can book only the Dome Side King rooms with Hyatt points, limit 2 per room, which limits availability. If you really want to stay at the Tokyo Station Hotel, you just need to keep checking and change your plans on the fly if something opens up.

Last edited:
Hyatt releases 13 months in advance. The Andaz Toranomon Hills may be 12 months, but remains fairly open after that even though it’s a relatively small property (6 floors of a little more than 150 rooms and only 8 suites) since there should be a lot of standard rooms available for awards. The Tokyo Station Hotel is tough to book. It’s part of the SLH program, although you can use Hyatt points to book but you don’t get all the benefits. You do get free breakfast included for two. It’s a relatively small hotel with just 150 rooms. But you can book only the Dome Side King rooms with Hyatt points, limit 2 per room, which limits availability. If you really want to stay at the Tokyo Station Hotel, you just need to keep checking and change your plans on the fly if something opens up.

If I look at their site nothing can be booked past the end of Feb. So it's clearly them. And I do plan on checking the Andaz tomorrow.

Do you think I'm safe to wait until we book our flights the beginning of Oct before I book either the Andaz or the Park Hyatt? It's just two of us, so as long as we have two beds we're good.

If I look at their site nothing can be booked past the end of Feb. So it's clearly them. And I do plan on checking the Andaz tomorrow.

Do you think I'm safe to wait until we book our flights the beginning of Oct before I book either the Andaz or the Park Hyatt? It's just two of us, so as long as we have two beds we're good.

If you’ve got the points and you see a room available, just book what you think will work. Easier to possibly change the reservation rather than missing out altogether. Hyatt’s cancelation policy into next year is extremely flexible.

P.S. I see the Andaz Toranomon open for random dates in April, May, all the way to the end of August. There’s a big black hole in late July, which I’m assuming is due to the rescheduled Olympics.

Last edited:
If you’ve got the points and you see a room available, just book what you think will work. Easier to possibly change the reservation rather than missing out altogether. Hyatt’s cancelation policy into next year is extremely flexible.

I know, I just don't want to have to change it a ton. I kept changing our anaheim one in March. I just don't want to be stuck at the park hyatt :rotfl2:

Have you tried calling Hyatt? Sometimes they can be really helpful when you can't find what you are looking for online. It's worked for me.

I know, I just don't want to have to change it a ton. I kept changing our anaheim one in March. I just don't want to be stuck at the park hyatt :rotfl2:

Churner world problems.

If Hyatt doesn’t work out, grab some Hilton cards and FNCs and book the Conrad Tokyo?

Have you tried calling Hyatt? Sometimes they can be really helpful when you can't find what you are looking for online. It's worked for me.

No because I would prefer not to book yet. And also the Tokyo Station hotel website isn't a hyatt.com site, so the fact it's not bookable there tells me the hotel just isn't bookable yet and there's no reason to call. Or they are so awesome they've totally sold out March through almost the end of Sept for next year.

It's not a big deal, I've just been trying to figure out what's going on, and now knowing from @Lain that they do work differently it makes sense. When I found online that hyatt's are bookable 395 days out it didn't say, except these type of properties. If it had I wouldn't have been concerned.

Churner world problems.

If Hyatt doesn’t work out, grab some Hilton cards and FNCs and book the Conrad Tokyo?

It is a churner problem. I've already got a PH marked off my Hyatt bingo for my free night, I need something different :)

All my Hilton points are going to TDLR, no way I can get enough for both. Hyatt's always been the goal for Tokyo, I just prefer the location of TS and the Andaz over the others but I have 5 options total marked on my map. Plus the reviews I've heard of the PH aren't all good, location or service.

Hello experts! Can anyone let me know which JetBlue airlines card you prefer? We typically fly SW Or Frontier from PHL to MCO the few times a year we go. JB just added nonstop flights from PHL to MCO, and their points pricing looks fabulous.
I have about 200,000 Chase UR points that will transfer 1:1, so I don’t really need JB points. However, I was thinking about opening a card so that I could get the free checked bag per person in my party. Do you experts think it’s worth it?

Also, should I hold out till after the Covid rut of the travel industry? Will they be putting out more lucrative deals later?

I have Chase Visas: SW plus and premier, CSP, CF, Marriott Bonvoy, and Disney. Plus a Citibank AA card, and an Amex Bonvoy card.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice/info!

Did anyone else get one of these? We’re not even passholders anymore and never got the refund we asked for but I’ll take it lol.

Out of 6 AP's, only my oldest got a magnet. However, we turned in the other 5 AP's on Aug 11th. I was hoping since the AP's were valid back in the spring and we missed out on 2 magnets, they'd send the new one to at least the adult AP's here but nope. My dd will move and take hers one day. Plus she was down at wdw on her CP so she was able to get one of the spring magnets. I bought her AP so she really owes me her magnets but I'm a good mom so I'll just keep that thought to myself...🤣

Has anyone recently disputed a charge with Chase?

I bought a "no returns" product from Amazon and it's completely inedible (it's gummy candy that has been fused together, maybe by heat? Not really sure) and since the seller is being supremely unhelpful I decided to dispute the charge. I've only done that once in my life.

When I use the Chase website (which is where I assumed I should be able to do it), it says to please call them to finish it.

Is this new since Covid or has it always been that you had to call? I swear the time I did it years ago, it could all be done online.

I disputed a charge with chase for an amazon purchase as well. I did not have to call Chase. I didn't call Amazon first because it was a double charge...bought my oldest a lab notebook for a chem class and was charged $16.80 twice. We only ordered one and only received one notebook. I figured that wasn't something to go through amazon for - like if dissatisfied with a product or if never received - so I disputed the charge. Wow, amazon contacted me about it and they were not nice! I've disputed 4 purchases EVER (none with amazon). It's not something I do regularly but Amazon was quite upset and blasted me with an email telling me I should have contacted them first. Maybe. But life is very busy right now and my last few experiences with anything outside the norm with amazon hasn't been super fast and easily handled. Still waiting on a resolution.

you should be able to find out next day or a day after that by looking through your statement and document section of your chase account... they usually will put a letter there and also send you one in the mail.
I just looked under - Statements and Documents - Notices and letters-
I don’t see anything there. I can see my other accounts (2 Freedoms and a checking account) listed but no new account and under Notices and Letters for you it says “you don’t have any notices or letters.” Is that where a denial letter would be?
How long is it typically before a denial letter comes in the mail?
I want to plan my next step, but need to know what happened on this one first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter