I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little OT but wanted to let everyone know that lots of WDW discounts came out today for the fall through the end of the year. I have an adults-only trip planned the first week of Nov with my mom and my uncle and if we stay at Pop we'll be saving about $220 than what we had previously booked. I went ahead and booked potential reservations at CBR ($30 more than original Pop ressie), and BWV ($730 more than original). Now we just have to actually decide which one to keep! I used the AP discount but several other new discounts were released today. Hope this helps some of you save some money!!!

A little OT but wanted to let everyone know that lots of WDW discounts came out today for the fall through the end of the year. I have an adults-only trip planned the first week of Nov with my mom and my uncle and if we stay at Pop we'll be saving about $220 than what we had previously booked. I went ahead and booked potential reservations at CBR ($30 more than original Pop ressie), and BWV ($730 more than original). Now we just have to actually decide which one to keep! I used the AP discount but several other new discounts were released today. Hope this helps some of you save some money!!!
I’m thinking about going over just for a few days this fall and not doing any parks but picking a resort with a splash pad for ds. We just need a couple days away from home. Probably won’t know until closer to November if we can go but the new discounts are tempting

I saw that.... so that means the service you use monthly? or the phone you're paying on monthly? hmmmm
Again - this is my interpretation - the bill I pay monthly. I own my phones outright so no monthly charge on them.
But you raise a good question.

I haven't because I don't really want to stay over there but it's good to know it's closer to the metro which is important. Also don't have the grand on my hyatt bingo.
While the location may not be ideal for your plans, it is a good fallback to have, just in case you aren't able to secure the others higher on your list.

I'm thinking the Universal discounts are too good to pass up. Maybe early November if we don't get a second wave?

I'm thinking the Universal discounts are too good to pass up. Maybe early November if we don't get a second wave?

Those discounts are REALLY good...personally I'm holding off because my next trip plans include staying at Portofino Bay, trying out the bars at Sapphire Falls and Aventura, seeing the nighttime lagoon show, doing HHN, and chilling at Volcano Bay. You know what's not open/happening right now? Portofino Bay, Sapphire Falls, Aventura, the nighttime lagoon show, HHN, or Volcano Bay (for two days out of the week, starting next week) :( .

If I lived closer and had more time on my AP I'd totally take advantage of the <$200/night rates I'm seeing at Royal Pacific.

Those discounts are REALLY good...personally I'm holding off because my next trip plans include staying at Portofino Bay, trying out the bars at Sapphire Falls and Aventura, seeing the nighttime lagoon show, doing HHN, and chilling at Volcano Bay. You know what's not open/happening right now? Portofino Bay, Sapphire Falls, Aventura, the nighttime lagoon show, HHN, or Volcano Bay (for two days out of the week, starting next week) :( .

If I lived closer and had more time on my AP I'd totally take advantage of the <$200/night rates I'm seeing at Royal Pacific.
I was thinking a long weekend at the royal pacific and buying an AP for the rate and to be used later and just staying at the pool and hopping to Harry Potter attractions

Just got this email relative to the changes to CFU: (nothing new here just sharing since it was a communication on my existing account)

Earn more on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, dining and drugstore purchases.
EARN MORE CASH BACK ON YOUR CARD STARTING 9/13/2020!
All of this is automatic—no activation required, no annual fee and no caps on the amount of rewards you can earn!

Benefits include:
5% Unlimited cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
3% Unlimited cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
3% Unlimited cash back on drugstore purchases
Plus, continue to earn 1.5% unlimited cash back on everything else you buy.

Simply use your card to enjoy your new earning power starting September 13, 2020 — it's all automatic, no activation required and no annual fee.
I'm actually pretty happy about this for my mom. She has CF and CFU (and doesn't travel so I had PCd her CSP to CFU). She has lots of prescriptions often in excess of $300 each. So 3% will be nice for her. The only issue is I'll probably have to PC her CF because she is very bad about using the right card and she'd probably forget.

My AF just hit on my CIP. Should I cancel it or change it to a CIU biz?
I was thinking of just cancelling but like having the offers on the Biz cards.
I do have the Chase Ink Cash.

My AF just hit on my CIP. Should I cancel it or change it to a CIU biz?
I was thinking of just cancelling but like having the offers on the Biz cards.
I do have the Chase Ink Cash.
I'd change it given how hard it currently is to get a Chase business card. You can always cancel it later. That's what I did with my last CIP. I really barely use the CIU, but it's there. I have one more CIP to cancel this Fall. I think I may cancel that one since I have a CIP and CIU. Unless I want to start trying to get really serious with my visa gift cards:)

They are but it's the tokyo station hotel and an andaz property, so while hyatts, to me not fully hyatts as it's not in the name. And obviously neither are going by the same release calendar.

The Tokyo station hotel is a SLH hotel and you are correct not really a Hyatt. The Andaz on the other hand is a full Hyatt Brand....they just seem to roll in inventory at 365 vs. 395. I agree that is weird. It looks like 8/31/21 is the last date currently bookable.

Was backreading I see Lain covered most of this.

CSR-DoorDash question:
I have my DD benefit activated for my CSR. Already spent my $60 credit. Will I still get the benefits (fee reduction, no delivery fee) if I pay with a gift card? What about if most of it is on a gift card and I put a small amount on the CSR? I want to get my order as inexpensively as possible. :groom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter