I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at medical, evac that includes things like typhoons and car rental if it's also part of it. I've gotten a couple of recs but already tossed one out. Tried to get a quote from the site often mentioned but it got to end and said something went wrong so I've got to try it again. Just need to make sure that I do it for enough cash but unlike @calypso726 I'm ok being stuck in econ to get home if I have to but since some stuff will be paid with cash I'm sure I'll more than cover the biz air 😁

From what I've read, the trip insurance plans that cover points would only cover the taxes/fees and the redeposit fees. If you book through the Chase portal on a card with insurance, they would pay you the cash value. @calypso726 brings up a good point about replacement flights. You'd want to look under the trip interruption section, it might cover 150% of the insured amount. So you'd want to make sure you're comfortable with that amount.

That oft mentioned site has a chat function with licensed insurance agents that's pretty easy to use, if ever you want a clarification on something.

From what I've read, the trip insurance plans that cover points would only cover the taxes/fees and the redeposit fees. If you book through the Chase portal on a card with insurance, they would pay you the cash value. @calypso726 brings up a good point about replacement flights. You'd want to look under the trip interruption section, it might cover 150% of the insured amount. So you'd want to make sure you're comfortable with that amount.

That oft mentioned site has a chat function with licensed insurance agents that's pretty easy to use, if ever you want a clarification on something.

That's good info! So far I've only been looking at what's covered not so much the % since I have certain things I want covered. And using points for most I'm not as concerned about cancel for any reason. But if I'm able to do HKDL and SHDL then i may have to pay cash though they've been on the ur portal before. Also may have to pay for my in Asia flights depending on points v cash and available points. So it's tricky figuring it out but I think if I do 15k it's a good middle ground. 20k seems too high when it's just me but I'm not sure 10k would be enough if I had to cover cash rooms and a flight home.

My understanding is that flights booked before Dec. 31st 2020 are eligible for no change fees and free miles reinstatement. I haven’t looked beyond to flights booked in 2021. I also believe “ticketed” is the date of purchase. I’m pretty sure you’re good to cancel flights in Jan/Feb.

I also agree about Hawaii ☹ I read today the “big island” and Kauai aren’t going to let people come with only one negative test. I don’t have all the details, but they are asking for further restrictions. I’m with you, it’s sadly not worth the hassle and stress. We’ll be waiting until Hawaii is restriction free. Honestly at this point I’m hoping sometime in 2022.
Right now, I'm going to re-plan for same time 2022. I was so excited for this and got such great redemptions. Hotels are easy, I just want my airline miles back (free) and then rebook once the flights are available again.

Right now, I'm going to re-plan for same time 2022. I was so excited for this and got such great redemptions. Hotels are easy, I just want my airline miles back (free) and then rebook once the flights are available again.
Yeah, I’m on the fence about even booking December ‘21 at Grand Wailea. I personally don’t want to go to Hawaii with restrictions in place. I understand Hawaii has to be careful so I think they’re going to move at an extremely cautious pace. I’m very skeptical Hawaii will fully reopen in 2021. I hope I’m wrong. This entire situation has me quite gun shy of booking anything until 2022. 😞

After it’s open a year...was it approved on 12/3 ?
Yes it was approved the same day. DH has a CSP so I don't see the point in keeping it, and I would like the 3% at drugstores and the rotating bonus categories. I can't apply for a new personal card for a while, so looking to PC as soon as possible.

I can't believe I'm still under 5/24 but I was thinking I might as well churn and swap some stuff while I can. I mean I only got under for the Hyatt card but then decided to grab a CIP while I was at it. My next card was going to be a new Boundless to replace the one I upgraded to the Ritz Carlton and then downgrade my Brilliant. Then Chase decided to add a nice CSP bonus and do away with straight BonBlah points and offer FN certs instead. Uhm, no thanks. So churning the Chase BonBlah is on hold until they come back with a points offer. December will bring me to 48 months since I had my CSR bonus hit. If the 80K offer is still around, I will be applying for a CSP.

You seem to be quite the expert on using card perks to the max ;) So I'm wondering, why are you looking for points over free nights? So many people seem to be excited for the 5 free nights. I'm trying to figure out my attack with Chase. I'm trying to decide between the Bonvoy, Free IHG (have the premier) and a CIC/CIU. Obv the CIC/CIU offers aren't going anywhere and aren't elevated right now. So the "rush" seems to be choosing between the hotel cards.

You seem to be quite the expert on using card perks to the max ;) So I'm wondering, why are you looking for points over free nights? So many people seem to be excited for the 5 free nights. I'm trying to figure out my attack with Chase. I'm trying to decide between the Bonvoy, Free IHG (have the premier) and a CIC/CIU. Obv the CIC/CIU offers aren't going anywhere and aren't elevated right now. So the "rush" seems to be choosing between the hotel cards.

Not @calypso726 but I'd guess one is between her and the plane princesses cards they already have enough fnc from their afs. And also that what she's got planned to replace what was cancelled this year, or other trips, takes points to fly in first and are staying at properties that are a higher category than the fnc will get you.

I’d like to know as well. What does “ticketed” mean? Is that when you are flying, not when you booked the flight? I was assuming It is flight date. does any one know if it is for all flights in 2021, regardless of when booked? I am hoping this means I can cancel Hawaii in Jan/Feb and get my miles back free. Even though Hawaii is opening in Oct with a negative test, I am not feeling it. Going all that way and not being what it was pre-COVID. I also worry things might change during our 2 week trip and we could even be stuck in lock down.

I was going to try to move the flight out a year, but flights won’t be available until after the trip should have started.
I just asked them via twitter and as long as it is booked/ticketed by 12/31/2020 you can cancel/change for free (if cancelled 60 days before the flight). I'm going to go ahead an book our Spain trip before the end of the year.

Those familiar with DFW... I believe this is an American hub (I think). With our new return flight, we are supposed to land at DFW at 7:35 and the other flight leaves at 9:05. There should be no trouble with that turnaround, right? I should have no worries about missing the connection?

And my first flight is 4 digits but the next leg is only 3. (AA 2716 and AA 224). Does that mean anything significant I should be aware of?

Those familiar with DFW... I believe this is an American hub (I think). With our new return flight, we are supposed to land at DFW at 7:35 and the other flight leaves at 9:05. There should be no trouble with that turnaround, right? I should have no worries about missing the connection?

And my first flight is 4 digits but the next leg is only 3. (AA 2716 and AA 224). Does that mean anything significant I should be aware of?

Codeshare with a regional operator. It'll still all look the same, prob a smaller plane. You won't really notice a difference. What kind of plane? The bin space would be the one potential downside but that's it. Flew one on us air between Charlotte and detroit and had to gate check my carry on as did everyone with wheelies cause the bins were too small. But they also gave them to us when we got off the plane.

Codeshare with a regional operator. It'll still all look the same, prob a smaller plane. You won't really notice a difference. What kind of plane? The bin space would be the one potential downside but that's it. Flew one on us air between Charlotte and detroit and had to gate check my carry on as did everyone with wheelies cause the bins were too small. But they also gave them to us when we got off the plane.
Well I looked up the flight number to try to get info and there is actually nothing recent (should that worry me?) but it says it's a Boeing 737-800.

Overhead space shouldn't be an issue because we generally have a backpack at our feet and we will be checking our suitcase, so hopefully it will be fine either way.

Thank you!

Well I looked up the flight number to try to get info and there is actually nothing recent (should that worry me?) but it says it's a Boeing 737-800.

Overhead space shouldn't be an issue because we generally have a backpack at our feet and we will be checking our suitcase, so hopefully it will be fine either way.

Thank you!

Wouldn't be an issue with a 737 anyway. A lot of those 4 number flights will be on planes smaller than that or regional jets.

I wouldn't worry about the flight number, they get changed often enough. I've had a flight change before that was only the number not the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter