I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW Skyliner question... I've been reading over on the boards about the Skyliner and long lines where they all merge at CBR (we are staying at CBR).

Does the Skyliner at Riviera go to DHS, or to Epcot? Sort of confused about that.

The merging at CBR was bad - and that was before CBR was open for us - only Riviera and Pop were open. I can only imagine how much worse it is now but I've not kept up with the chatter. If you have an option to do the hybrid walk or can take a ride share, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, I'd allow 2 hours if using the Skyliner. It took us an hour from Pop to get to DHS. We tapped in at 10:03 and missed getting a BG. Again, this was before CBR was even open.

Those familiar with DFW... I believe this is an American hub (I think). With our new return flight, we are supposed to land at DFW at 7:35 and the other flight leaves at 9:05. There should be no trouble with that turnaround, right? I should have no worries about missing the connection?

And my first flight is 4 digits but the next leg is only 3. (AA 2716 and AA 224). Does that mean anything significant I should be aware of?

DFW is a big airport but fairly easy to get around. As long as your first flight is on time, you will have plenty of time to make the connection.

ETA: Yes, DFW is an AA hub.

The merging at CBR was bad - and that was before CBR was open for us - only Riviera and Pop were open. I can only imagine how much worse it is now but I've not kept up with the chatter. If you have an option to do the hybrid walk or can take a ride share, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, I'd allow 2 hours if using the Skyliner. It took us an hour from Pop to get to DHS. We tapped in at 10:03 and missed getting a BG. Again, this was before CBR was even open.
I currently have two DHS days planned. (My husband has not yet been on ROTR).

The first day, we are planning to either walk (we will consider it an "adventure") or maybe uber/lyft to... Contemporary BOARDWALK.. sorry!!!! I believe, as was recommended somewhere upthread, in order to make sure we are scanned (or whatever!) in.

If we get everything in DHS done the first day, then we will see about getting a reservation for a different park on the 2nd DHS day. And if we cannot change the park, or rope drop is not a goal, then we will try the Skyliner a little later that second day.

My sister and her family with three kids (including one in a stroller) is there now, at CBR, and they WERE able to get BGs both of their DHS days and used the Skyliner, but her first day they were considerably farther back. Today her husband got in the Skyliner line at 0715 (when it didn't start running until 9!) That's a long time to wait for it! But with little kids they could not have attempted the walk anyway.

Last edited:
I currently have two DHS days planned. (My husband has not yet been on ROTR).

The first day, we are planning to either walk (we will consider it an "adventure") or maybe uber/lyft to... Contemporary I believe, as was recommended somewhere upthread, in order to make sure we are scanned (or whatever!) in.

If we get everything in DHS done the first day, then we will see about getting a reservation for a different park on the 2nd DHS day. And if we cannot change the park, or rope drop is not a goal, then we will try the Skyliner a little later that second day.

My sister and her family with three kids (including one in a stroller) is there now, at CBR, and they WERE able to get BGs both of their DHS days and used the Skyliner, but her first day they were considerably farther back. Today her husband got in the Skyliner line at 0715 (when it didn't start running until 9!) That's a long time to wait for it! But with little kids they could not have attempted the walk anyway.
Why was it suggested you Uber to contemporary?

Citi is the worst! I never had any problems with my Costco card through them, but there is a HUGE fraudulent charge on my double cash card that I just opened n May and now they are telling me it could take up to 30 days to credit my account. I have dealt with fraud charges before with other companies and it was taken care of promptly. I will be closing this card immediately upon resolution. The extra .5% cash back is not worth this! I'm surprised they didn't question a charge from Great Britain in Swedish Krona when it happened.

I do wonder how all the deferrals will impact this year's senior class. I think some schools had more than others. I understand how this years experience for freshman is not typical, but I also didn't think that the gap year would be typical either. It is usually for traveling or maybe even saving with a great job, neither of which are really possible either at the moment. I wonder if anyone that deferred is regretting that decision. I agree Early decision should be for a reach school, but I am not even sure there are any truly safety schools that offer ED. All the schools I have seen that even offer ED are pretty selective. I read far too much college confidential with my first one to even think anything was a safety school. lol It is pretty discouraging to see some people's stats that don't get into certain schools. My kids got mad at me when I said that I am pretty sure that admission counselors must use darts to pick the kids. lol There seemed to be little rhyme or reason when you read the accepted/declined stats.

UVA posted their class of 2024 stats and they had 150 take a gap year from a class of 3785. Twice the normal amount it said. Though 30 plan to only take a semester and enroll in spring. I didn't even know that was an option. I really thought the number would be higher. @havaneselover 749 were admitted ED.

Thanks everyone, for all the love. He was such a good dog.

So sorry about your doggy. Mine just turned 14 and for some reason, I really expected her to not make it this far. I told my DH we couldn't travel until she was gone because I feel bad leaving her, but I don't think we can make it a possible 2 years more without travel!

Last edited:
UVA posted their class of 2024 stats and they had 150 take a gap year from a class of 3785. Twice the normal amount it said. Though 30 plan to only take a semester and enroll in spring. I didn't even know that was an option. I really thought the number would be higher. @havaneselover 749 were admitted ED.
That's not that much. I think Harvard had 20% defer.

DD's now applying EA (not ED) to UVA but says she wants to go to Georgia Tech. Hopefully she'll figure this out in the next three weeks:)

DD's now applying EA (not ED) to UVA but says she wants to go to Georgia Tech. Hopefully she'll figure this out in the next three weeks:)

Oh my goodness, lol, I bet you will be so glad when she has a decision somewhere! I told mine to try Georgia Tech until I did the net price calculator. Ummm, nope. It was way out of reach, they do not meet financial need.

Go Georgia Tech! Of course we are in state and it is very reasonable with the Zell Miller scholarship. As @WVMomof3 said, I would think it is pretty expensive for out of state students.

Go Georgia Tech! Of course we are in state and it is very reasonable with the Zell Miller scholarship. As @WVMomof3 said, I would think it is pretty expensive for out of state students.
It's not that much more than UVa in-state somehow--at least when I look at the net price calculator. The thing that's killing me about UVa is the extra $23 k over 4 years for engineering.

UVa will be about $135K and Georgia Tech will be about $140K according to the net price calculator. GA Tech also only looks at custodial parent's income. UVa is the only school dd is applying to that will also look at my ex-husband's income (which doesn't help us).

Last edited:
I told my sis about my 2 new card bonuses and she wants my advice on switching her Chase Disney to something else. Since I am pretty clueless, I thought I'd ask this group. She found out today that when she signed up for the card a few years ago they didn't even enroll her in the rewards program, so she has accrued NO rewards for that card for several years (don't ask, I tried to tell her a million times that was a dumb card for her because she doesn't even like Disney that much and never goes).

Can she do a PC to a different Chase card? And if yes, will she get the new card bonus on the new card?

It's not that much more than UVa in-state somehow--at least when I look at the net price calculator. The thing that's killing me about UVa is the extra $23 k over 4 years for engineering.

UVa will be about $135K and Georgia Tech will be about $140K according to the net price calculator. GA Tech also only looks at custodial parent's income. UVa is the only school dd is applying to that will also look at my ex-husband's income (which doesn't help us).

Best of luck to her in getting in UVa and Georgia Tech!! I know senior year is a stressful time.

I told my sis about my 2 new card bonuses and she wants my advice on switching her Chase Disney to something else. Since I am pretty clueless, I thought I'd ask this group. She found out today that when she signed up for the card a few years ago they didn't even enroll her in the rewards program, so she has accrued NO rewards for that card for several years (don't ask, I tried to tell her a million times that was a dumb card for her because she doesn't even like Disney that much and never goes).

Can she do a PC to a different Chase card? And if yes, will she get the new card bonus on the new card?

I'm pretty sure you don't have to enroll in any rewards program with Disney Card. It should be automatic. She accrues points on every purchase and then can put them on a Disney Rewards Card to use in store or in parks. I have had the Disney Card for years and never had to enroll in anything.

She would have to actually apply to get a card bonus. She can PC but no card bonus for a PC. PC'ing is what people do for a few reasons:

1. Are over 5/24 and they want the card benefits.
2. They want to stop paying an annual fee after having the card a year.
3. They want to keep the card history to maintain age of accounts - may be relevant if your sister doesn't have a lot of credit history.

I would suggest your sister do nothing with the Disney card unless it's the fee one. If it's the fee one, the only thing to do with a Disney card is PC to another Disney card or close it. I'm guessing it's the no fee, to begin with and therefore doesn't cost her anything. She could keep it for an occasional purchase and maybe to catch Chase offers. I have 6 Chase cards and always watch them for Chase offers.

Then, explain to her how the CSP and UR's work. She could take advantage of that bonus right now and PC to another non fee UR card after a year. Once she understands how bonuses work, then move her more into the game, or not, depending on how she feels.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to enroll in any rewards program with Disney Card. It should be automatic. She accrues points on every purchase and then can put them on a Disney Rewards Card to use in store or in parks. I have had the Disney Card for years and never had to enroll in anything.

This. If there are no rewards showing, is it possible she doesn't understand the program? I've had both of the Disney cards and have never had to enroll in rewards. In any case, if she doesn't do Disney, time for a different more versatile reward. UR's are like cash in the bank.

editing to ask: Does your sister monitor her accounts online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter