I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, for AmEx the offers are tied to each person (SSN) regardless of card type (primary or AU). Each person can only add an offer to one of their cards. Each card is a separate offer, so for your happycards, making a purchase with each card will work. You can't add the offer to a AU card and then try to use the primary card to redeem it and vice versa. (Not that I think you were, but it's a question that pops up and is different from how Chase offers work)

Many offers are also limited quantities, so even if you were targeted it could disappear later if you wait too long to add it. The Dell offer was popular as far as I can see, so it may have hit capacity. Some offers also have to be added by a certain date but have a longer expiration date - like the Shop Small offer over the summer. (I am a pleb and still don't have a Plat so didn't look at this particular offer to know if that's a possibility.)

Hopefully that all made sense!
Something I noticed with the Dell Offer - on my Amex Plat it had an expiration of 12/31, but on my daughters AU card it was sometime in November - can't remember the exact date. So it is possible that your AU card offer just expired.
Thank you both. I have to remember to stay on top of the AU offers - they seem more reasonable and less luxury! The offer probably expired for Dell on the AU but I did take advantage of the happycards one to get 3 wayfair cards. Wayfair makes it so hard to get a discount so this was nice.

Interesting. Before I got my Plat, I put a bunch of offers onto my Gold. Then I was disappointed that those offers were no longer available ("already used or loaded" message) for the Plat, but you're saying I can use the offers loaded from the Gold with my Plat if I want? As long as all the cards are mine and not AUs.

I was just starting to figure out Chase, now I fell like a fish outta water with Amex. Thanks!

I don't think you can use them on your Plat if you've already loaded it to your Gold.

However I've been wrong before. And that would certainly be convenient if it were true.

No, once an offer is attached to a card, only that card can use the offer. So if I have a $100 Dell off offer and attach it to my Gold then apply for the Plat, I cannot use my new Plat to redeem that offer. I would need to use my Gold.

if you add an AU to your Plat and add the $100 Dell off offer to the AU’s Plat, then the AU can redeem the offer using the AU’s Plat, not your Plat.

if you have multiple AUs, they can add the offers to their cards and redeem the offers on their specific cards not the primary card.

This is also how I've understood Amex offers. Should have waited to post my first response.

Arcadia is going to start charging so no more free plan:( Sounds like they are giving a two week warning and then will give users two months before charging. This was a nice way to pay my electric bill with a cc fee free. Was good while it lasted!

Arcadia is going to start charging so no more free plan:( Sounds like they are giving a two week warning and then will give users two months before charging. This was a nice way to pay my electric bill with a cc fee free. Was good while it lasted!

It's kind of weird, they are now forcing everyone on the 100% wind "premium" plan. We were actually already doing that, and strangely the flat $5/month is not a bad deal for renewalable energy... or more accurately, renewable offsets. It kind of stinks for those who were only using it for no fees, but I guess they are trying to position themselves as an electricity provider using only renewable energy.

But then again they don't provide actual wind electricity, only use the upcharge to purchase offsets. So I don't really know what to think about it. I keep thinking I should just stop using Arcadia and buy electricity from an actual wind/solar provider and be done with it.

Can someone help me with interpretation of Jetblue's policy?

When they say "No fee for changes/cancellations on bookings through 2/28/211" does that refer to booked date or travel date? Basically I want to book a flight in March but don't want to be locked in.

I keep seeing this so I gotta ask... What is a mattress run?
Booking a stay just to reach a certain number of nights for some sort of status. So if you were 7 nights short of "super mega titanium" status at some major hotel chain you go book a 7 night stay at the lease expensive property you can find, check-in, and log the nights, possibly without even actually staying there. There can be way more complexity to it than this but on the surface, that is the concept.

It's kind of weird, they are now forcing everyone on the 100% wind "premium" plan. We were actually already doing that, and strangely the flat $5/month is not a bad deal for renewalable energy... or more accurately, renewable offsets. It kind of stinks for those who were only using it for no fees, but I guess they are trying to position themselves as an electricity provider using only renewable energy.

But then again they don't provide actual wind electricity, only use the upcharge to purchase offsets. So I don't really know what to think about it. I keep thinking I should just stop using Arcadia and buy electricity from an actual wind/solar provider and be done with it.

It still baffles me when I read about you guys back east being able to change your electricity provider. Nowhere I've ever lived in WA, CA or NC let you choose, you just go whoever the public utility was for electric and gas.

Is anyone else feeling more optimistic about travel in 2021? I am one of those that really just stopped traveling in 2020. Kept thinking I'd road trip here or there and then just stayed put. All the vaccine news is making me feel optimistic. I haven't even felt like planning up to now. Last night I booked some rental cars for summer and fall travel and I might even book some refundable airfare! I've had the hotels booked since one trip is my white whale - Glacier NP - and needed to do that as soon as reservations were available.

AA - I did get my 100 miles in each of our accounts. Thanks for whoever mentioned going to the promotions tab. I didn't see it at first and was a little sad :( thinking I got missed.

Booking a stay just to reach a certain number of nights for some sort of status. So if you were 7 nights short of "super mega titanium" status at some major hotel chain you go book a 7 night stay at the lease expensive property you can find, check-in, and log the nights, possibly without even actually staying there. There can be way more complexity to it than this but on the surface, that is the concept.

Mattress runs are what I used to do with SPG back in the day. They had a promo where you stayed 5 nights got 2 weekend nights free. I would book $50 rooms (really) and use the free nights at $300 rooms, in NYC, Boston, Providence, Ottawa to mention a few I stayed at. Usually I would have done a few regular stay nights and maybe needed 1-2 to hit the bonus. Va, DC, Md have a lot of options for this with Marriott to get status, but Marriott just about gave it away this year.

I haven't really focused on Hyatt other than to earn points for my summer beach trips, and don't really worry about status for that hotel because the bigger suites aren't oceanfront. Plus the side view is fairly decent.

But, I may start looking at Hyatt stays near Clearwater as @Alexle2007 has inspired me and maybe then I'll be looking for more status.

This still has lots of possibilities as stated by @SouthFayetteFan , @Alexle2007 , and @*WDW*Groupie*

It still baffles me when I read about you guys back east being able to change your electricity provider. Nowhere I've ever lived in WA, CA or NC let you choose, you just go whoever the public utility was for electric and gas.

It's interesting! I didn't understand it until I moved here, but it's a check on utility monopolies that didn't start until the early 2000s. Almost everyone gets their electricity from the power company, but here you don't have to do that. The power company is distinctly the company that provides the means of getting electricity to you, via the power lines, poles, etc. There are quite a few energy companies that you can choose to provide your power. Some are cheaper, some are green, some have contracts and early termination fees, some even have sign-up bonuses, and many are more expensive.

Our electric bill is even 2 parts - 1 part lists the charges from the power company for the cost of delivering service, and the other part lists the electricity usage only. It's neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter