I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Albort said it is based on availability. I will say that suites are being reserved at a higher rate than ever as people that are traveling want more room and due to less trips are paying for upgrades...Lots of examples of hotels running in the 20% to 30% range but suite occupancy around 80% or higher. What I am saying is you won't be able to count on a suite upgrade just because you are a globalist.

Thats a really interesting antidote, makes sense when you think about it.

I'm pretty sure you can get upgrade on point stays. I think @Andysol knows best.
I don't get how this gets Globalist status for 2022, I thought that status ends the Feb after, meaning it would end Feb 2022.
Hyatt has a double night promo running for stays ending in January and February, 2021. With the Hyatt card (5 nights) I only need 13 nights to qualify as a Globalist. Chat on FT indicates that status will run through early 2023, which makes it well worth considering.
Plus I'd get 25% of the points back that I use to book the mattress run since I have the Hyatt card. With cancelling the early summer trip (and most likely also cancelling our annual Whistler ski trip in February) I definitely have room in the budget to do this. I LOVE Hyatt properties and I usually seek them out first.

Is anyone a Hyatt Globalist (@calypso726)? I am thinking about booking a 13 night stay (6 nights points / cash with 25% points back and 7 nights cash) at a Hyatt Place to get Globalist status for 2021, 2022 and part of 2023. I have a question: do they upgrade rooms to suites for stays booked on points? I could potentially use it at the Hyatt Churchill London (possibly with dd and ds at the end of August), PH Vienna and Lungarno Florence (possibly December, 2021) and PH Auckland (for my ABD in March, 2022). If I could get suite upgrades for each of those stays and free breakfast it would be worth it.

Does anyone have a 10% Hyatt offer on any Chase or AmEx cards? I looked yesterday and it's not on any of my cards. It would be nice to have it pop up if I decide to do a mattress run at the end of the month.

I have the $50 of $250 on my Amex Gold card. It's good until 12/20/2020.

Meeting spend on MSR's quicker than I thought.

DH - CSP for 80,000 points - Have about $120 left
DH - CSR for 50,000 points - Have about $500 left
My Chase Ink Cash for 75,000 - Have about $3000 left

After those all post I will have close to 900,000 UR's.

In other news - my 3rd Cruise was just cancelled. Carnival Mardi Gras for March... So sad. So I have over $2000 coming back on various CC's for Taxes, Tips and Drink Package. Booked the cruise using 250,000 UR's. Still not sure if I will request a refund or I can get a Cruise Credit plus additional $600 On Board Credit. It just gets harder with the kids in college and DS will be graduating in May so if he gets a job -then he may not have vacation time. Although if I have something booked - I'm sure they would let him off for that. Decisions Decisions.... (oh and of course we had a Havana Cabana room with huge balcony area and special pool/bar and dance area just for those that booked a Havana Cabana and they only have 2 of these per ship that fits 4 people... so getting one of those again is going to be like winning the lottery)

Is anyone a Hyatt Globalist (@calypso726)? I am thinking about booking a 13 night stay (6 nights points / cash with 25% points back and 7 nights cash) at a Hyatt Place to get Globalist status for 2021, 2022 and part of 2023. I have a question: do they upgrade rooms to suites for stays booked on points? I could potentially use it at the Hyatt Churchill London (possibly with dd and ds at the end of August), PH Vienna and Lungarno Florence (possibly December, 2021) and PH Auckland (for my ABD in March, 2022). If I could get suite upgrades for each of those stays and free breakfast it would be worth it.

Does anyone have a 10% Hyatt offer on any Chase or AmEx cards? I looked yesterday and it's not on any of my cards. It would be nice to have it pop up if I decide to do a mattress run at the end of the month.

I see you got great answers. I’m currently Explorist but I am doing a 30 night mattress run to hit Globalist. I want the milestone suite upgrade certificates which I will need for stays planned into next year. This is why I’m not taking advantage of the 50% nights requirement to do it. I was happy with the bonus journeys promo and after mathing out what the suite upgrades would cost me in extra points decided I’d rather go this route. I prefer a guaranteed suite for the resort trips I have planned and don’t want to chance on availability at check in.

Amex offers are one per cardholder regardless of card, correct? So if I get it on my Plat, I can't also take advantage on my Surpass. How about AU offers? I could swear that one of my kids had the Dell $100 offer but its gone now that I went to use it. I used mine already so is it that if I have an offer on the main card, that same offer can't be added to the AU cards? I would like to use the Happy Cards $15 off $100 offer for a Wayfair card and I can see it on mine plus the 2 AU but I'd rather not go through the hassle of 3 separate purchases if only one will credit.

ETA: Google tells me that I should be able to add to all AU cards but I know the Dell offer disappeared. Trying now with the happycards.

Last edited:
and just yesterday I bought something cheap thru the portal to reset my points....:rotfl2:timing....I checked,and my account says I received bonus points,but didn't tell me how many......
You have to register which literally meant just clicking the "Register" button on the Promotions page.

Last edited:
Amex offers are one per cardholder regardless of card, correct? So if I get it on my Plat, I can't also take advantage on my Surpass. How about AU offers? I could swear that one of my kids had the Dell $100 offer but its gone now that I went to use it. I used mine already so is it that if I have an offer on the main card, that same offer can't be added to the AU cards? I would like to use the Happy Cards $15 off $100 offer for a Wayfair card and I can see it on mine plus the 2 AU but I'd rather not go through the hassle of 3 separate purchases if only one will credit.

ETA: Google tells me that I should be able to add to all AU cards but I know the Dell offer disappeared. Trying now with the happycards.

They can also be added on AU cards and used both on yours and each AU card.

Correct, for AmEx the offers are tied to each person (SSN) regardless of card type (primary or AU). Each person can only add an offer to one of their cards. Each card is a separate offer, so for your happycards, making a purchase with each card will work. You can't add the offer to a AU card and then try to use the primary card to redeem it and vice versa. (Not that I think you were, but it's a question that pops up and is different from how Chase offers work)

Many offers are also limited quantities, so even if you were targeted it could disappear later if you wait too long to add it. The Dell offer was popular as far as I can see, so it may have hit capacity. Some offers also have to be added by a certain date but have a longer expiration date - like the Shop Small offer over the summer. (I am a pleb and still don't have a Plat so didn't look at this particular offer to know if that's a possibility.)

Hopefully that all made sense!

It has probably just sailed for the college years. After your child (or children as the case may be) gets through some of their current life choices and completes the stages of getting an education, a job, a life partner, a home, not necessarily in that order, many will find room again somewhere either at the end or in the middle of those milestones for their parents again. And, it gets really special when you get to add in the possible grandchildren. So, there are lots of times to look forward to, although I'm not saying that they replace the trips that may have been lost this year.

I wish but not going to work for us. DD is going back to school next summer, and will be there for a long time with no summers off. So for us, the ship really has sailed. We felt very fortunate we could squeeze in a trip to Europe between her summer internship and senior year of college, and I guess that was the last really big trip we can take together as a family. Smaller trips may work out, but 2020 would have been the last hurrah.

Hyatt has a double night promo running for stays ending in January and February, 2021. With the Hyatt card (5 nights) I only need 13 nights to qualify as a Globalist. Chat on FT indicates that status will run through early 2023, which makes it well worth considering.
Plus I'd get 25% of the points back that I use to book the mattress run since I have the Hyatt card. With cancelling the early summer trip (and most likely also cancelling our annual Whistler ski trip in February) I definitely have room in the budget to do this. I LOVE Hyatt properties and I usually seek them out first.

All this talk is making me think about this. It's hard to really think about doing this with no trips planned but like you I love Hyatts and stay at them when possible.

Something I noticed with the Dell Offer - on my Amex Plat it had an expiration of 12/31, but on my daughters AU card it was sometime in November - can't remember the exact date. So it is possible that your AU card offer just expired.

Correct, for AmEx the offers are tied to each person (SSN) regardless of card type (primary or AU). Each person can only add an offer to one of their cards. Each card is a separate offer, so for your happycards, making a purchase with each card will work. You can't add the offer to a AU card and then try to use the primary card to redeem it and vice versa. (Not that I think you were, but it's a question that pops up and is different from how Chase offers work) ...
Interesting. Before I got my Plat, I put a bunch of offers onto my Gold. Then I was disappointed that those offers were no longer available ("already used or loaded" message) for the Plat, but you're saying I can use the offers loaded from the Gold with my Plat if I want? As long as all the cards are mine and not AUs.

I was just starting to figure out Chase, now I fell like a fish outta water with Amex. Thanks!

Last edited:
Interesting. Before I got my Plat, I put a bunch of offers onto my Gold. Then I was disappointed that those offers were no longer available ("already used or loaded" message) for the Plat, but you're saying I can use the offers loaded from the Gold with my Plat if I want? As long as all the cards are mine and not AUs.

I was just starting to figure out Chase, now I fell like a fish outta water with Amex. Thanks!
No, once an offer is attached to a card, only that card can use the offer. So if I have a $100 Dell off offer and attach it to my Gold then apply for the Plat, I cannot use my new Plat to redeem that offer. I would need to use my Gold.

if you add an AU to your Plat and add the $100 Dell off offer to the AU’s Plat, then the AU can redeem the offer using the AU’s Plat, not your Plat.

if you have multiple AUs, they can add the offers to their cards and redeem the offers on their specific cards not the primary card.

Having Globalist status has definitely been awesome for us this year.

We had 4 nights in Clearwater Beach in 2 bedroom suite plus $400 in free breakfast, 11 nights at the Grand Cypress in a 1 bedroom suite plus $1100 in breakfast, I used my guest of honor benefit and they received a 1 bedroom suite with $400 in breakfast plus some other random nights. We were supposed to be heading to Aruba for Christmas and staying a couple of nights and then Tampa and Bonita Springs for New Year’s but since we got the new puppy, travel is on hold for a bit.

I will be at 20 nights with the bonus nights from this year so getting the extra nights to maintain Globalist is a no brainer.

No, once an offer is attached to a card, only that card can use the offer. So if I have a $100 Dell off offer and attach it to my Gold then apply for the Plat, I cannot use my new Plat to redeem that offer. I would need to use my Gold.

if you add an AU to your Plat and add the $100 Dell off offer to the AU’s Plat, then the AU can redeem the offer using the AU’s Plat, not your Plat.

if you have multiple AUs, they can add the offers to their cards and redeem the offers on their specific cards not the primary card.
Gotcha I knew it sounded too good to be true. Thanks!

Meeting spend on MSR's quicker than I thought.

DH - CSP for 80,000 points - Have about $120 left
DH - CSR for 50,000 points - Have about $500 left
My Chase Ink Cash for 75,000 - Have about $3000 left

After those all post I will have close to 900,000 UR's.

In other news - my 3rd Cruise was just cancelled. Carnival Mardi Gras for March... So sad. So I have over $2000 coming back on various CC's for Taxes, Tips and Drink Package. Booked the cruise using 250,000 UR's. Still not sure if I will request a refund or I can get a Cruise Credit plus additional $600 On Board Credit. It just gets harder with the kids in college and DS will be graduating in May so if he gets a job -then he may not have vacation time. Although if I have something booked - I'm sure they would let him off for that. Decisions Decisions.... (oh and of course we had a Havana Cabana room with huge balcony area and special pool/bar and dance area just for those that booked a Havana Cabana and they only have 2 of these per ship that fits 4 people... so getting one of those again is going to be like winning the lottery)
Congrats on the hugh UR balance. Sorry your cruise is cancelled. Good luck rescheduling

ugh... DH's Chase Marriott AF posted... Do I cancel or keep it.
We have made good use of the certificates, so I'm tempted to keep it. The card was upgraded last year so the fee and the certificate don't post together, we received the certificate in May. We have a summer trip, I've booked part of it on points but if I could trade out one of the nights for the certificate that would be great.

I guess I just talked myself into keeping it. DH's last BonBon bonus posted last December, so maybe I'll cancel it next year.

Last week I PC CSP to CF, got the new card in the mail yesterday. Now I just need to sit tight until I see the 80,000 UR's !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter