I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who did the recent Bonvoy 5 free night sign up bonus get their nights yet? I've met my MSR but haven't received any info about the sign up bonus. Maybe because my statement has to close first?
I'm $100 away from MSR. I read some blog that mentioned their nights credited and were good for exactly 1 year ie November 23, 2020 to November 23, 2021, so I was kind of holding off a bit. They didn't mention if they credited after statement close, but that would be my guess.

I'm $100 away from MSR. I read some blog that mentioned their nights credited and were good for exactly 1 year ie November 23, 2020 to November 23, 2021, so I was kind of holding off a bit. They didn't mention if they credited after statement close, but that would be my guess.
Thanks, I was thinking it would probably show up when my statement closed.

This post jolted my memory to call IHG about an expiring free night, so big thank you to @Limes96 !!! :cheer2: :tink:

So, I just called and was transferred to the rewards department who told me that I would get an email approximately Dec 15 to Dec 20 about the expiring free night and yes, it will be extended. This is my 2019 free night which already had an extension until the end of 2020. They wouldn't say how long the extension would be, but I'll take whatever on this one. I have the $49 card. Also, they thanked me for being a member since 1998. Didn't realize it was that long - time flies when you are having fun!!

Book 1 between
08/05/2019 - 12/31/2020
Book 1 between
08/03/2020 - 02/09/2022
Select IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Anniversary Night

As you can see I now have 2 and don't want to lose either of them. I had actually forgotten about it so good to know it will be safe.

Soon I have to get to work on Marriott as I have 2 expiring in January2021.
Thanks for the IHG report. That’s great confirmation. I need to make a spreadsheet of all my new expiration dates that are different than normal.

Looking for a new card (or two or three lol) - I'm interested in getting DH the AmEx Platinum. He got a snail mail offer for the 125,000 points which is good through 12/31. I'm also looking at getting the IHG, but I'd like to get that for both of us so our anniversary nights line up going forward.

I'm not sure what the application rules are as far as days needed to wait for Chase and AmEx. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we can meet the spends coming up since the AmEx is 6 months to meet spend.

Our Stats -
DH:
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
02/20 - CIP
06/19 - Arrival+
03/19 - Chase Biz
Also currently holds the CSR (has had since 10/16, so eligible to cancel and reapply for new bonus)

Me:
11/20 - AmEx Plat
06/20 - Chase Hyatt
01/20 - SW Priority (Personal)
10/19 - SW Performance (Biz)
06/19 - Arrival +
05/19 - CIU
01/19 - CIP
I got the CSR 01/17 and the CSP 03/17, so not eligible for sapphire bonus until at least 04/21

Thanks for any advice.
I'm assuming you are going to apply for this offer: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-ihg-premier-140000-points-signup-bonus-with-3000-spend/

And Amex doesn't usually post the card to your credit report until the 2nd statement. So you could apply for it today and it wouldn't report for at least 45 days, I would apply for the Amex first and Chase later (you could even do it on the same day).

Thank you - also thinking through all of this - is there a reason DH and I both need the AmEx platinum card? I'm trying to decide if I'm just jumping on the offer because he got the 125,000 offer?

Thank you - also thinking through all of this - is there a reason DH and I both need the AmEx platinum card? I'm trying to decide if I'm just jumping on the offer because he got the 125,000 offer?

it depends on how everything plays out in the future tbh. If the stream credit and phone credit continues(if you actually use it), the $200 travel credit (if you actually use it) and a potential 50k retention (if you actually get it) all come into play...

at the end however, u can always do an AU, find 2 other ppl too to split the $175 AU fee and they get access to all the fun goodies too.

I'd say the points are a good enough reason. :) But if you're thinking in terms of perks - for airport lounges you can bring 2 guests, so if your traveling party is more than 3, having 2 plats will get up to 6 people in. Uber credits can be combined on one account and you get another TSA/Global Entry if you need that.

For both husband and I, the certificates credited within just days of meeting the MSR. And yes, they have exact dates, such as 12/04/2021. I mistakenly didn’t take “credits” into account and thought I wasn’t as far into the spend. I wish I had dragged it out until end of January.
Funny how when you are desperate for certs or points they take the 6-8 weeks.

What do I need to remember to take advantage of with my new Amex plat card? Besides the air credit, Uber, and saks? Is it $20 streaming and $20 cell phone? Anything I’m forgetting or tips on the temporary monthly credits?

What do I need to remember to take advantage of with my new Amex plat card? Besides the air credit, Uber, and saks? Is it $20 streaming and $20 cell phone? Anything I’m forgetting or tips on the temporary monthly credits?
I do the $20 on my Plat and DH's plat for our cell phone, and do the rest on my CIP. Make sure you have chosen your airline and activated the Saks credit.

Hi Everyone! I haven't been here in a while. I was wondering if I could please get some advice. I'm looking for a new card and I'm not sure what I should do next. My twins are going to be going off to college fall of 2021 so I should have more time to travel. I'm thinking about the Hyatt card because of the extra bonus before 12/31. Here's my current stats:
02/20 AMEX Hilton Aspire
03/19 AMEX Platinum
04/18 AMEX Gold
07/16 CSR received bonus 12/20/16 (PC from CSP in 8/17)
05/16 AMEX SPG (PC to Marriott Brilliant in 09/19 then PC to Bonvoy 11/20)
Business:
10/20 CIC
07/20 CIU
12/19 CIP
02/19 BOA Alaska Business
03/10 AMEX Delta Platinum Business
I would to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Edited because I had the dates wrong on the CSR bonus. I should reach my 48 months this month.
I think the Hyatt card is a great one, they are really trying to make Card holders happy. You get 10 nights if you apply before 12/31 but I don't know if those 10 nights would post to 2020 or 2021.

You'll be at 4/24, then you could MDD the CSP & CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter