I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest is allowing free flight changes again. I am not certain of the dates. I was able to change flights from the week of 3/14 to 3/11. I could not change flights from the week of 3/7 to 3/11.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sout...ng-cost-difference-between-flights-for-march/

Does this apply to nearby airports? We are flying STL to FLL to get nonstops, but the STL to MIA is quite a bit cheaper. Could we book the MIA and change to FLL if they are within the qualified date range?

Does this apply to nearby airports? We are flying STL to FLL to get nonstops, but the STL to MIA is quite a bit cheaper. Could we book the MIA and change to FLL if they are within the qualified date range?
It does generally apply to airports that serve the same metro area, but I don’t know if it will specifically work for FLL and MIA.

I think you could try changing your current FLL flight to an MIA flight, just to see if it is allowed for free, but don’t complete the reservation change.

I think the Hyatt card is a great one, they are really trying to make Card holders happy. You get 10 nights if you apply before 12/31 but I don't know if those 10 nights would post to 2020 or 2021.

You'll be at 4/24, then you could MDD the CSP & CSR.

Thank you so much for the advice @becauseimnew. I'll do that. I do have a question about the CSP/CSR. I originally got the CSP in 2016 got my bonus December of 2016. Does it matter that I Pc'd it to a reserve in 2017. Do I have to wait until 4 years from 2017 or can I get it this January 2021?

Thank you so much for the advice @becauseimnew. I'll do that. I do have a question about the CSP/CSR. I originally got the CSP in 2016 got my bonus December of 2016. Does it matter that I Pc'd it to a reserve in 2017. Do I have to wait until 4 years from 2017 or can I get it this January 2021?

If you don't get a card now and wait until after dec 20 you can get one or both. The pc doesn't matter. But you can't hold a sapphire card when you apply so you'll want to pc it a week or so before you apply. But if you do a card with chase now you'd want to wait 3 months before doing an mdd or applying for one of them.

Has anyone received this message from Best Buy? "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days." I really need to know if it is still coming or if they are going to cancel it in a couple days. I ordered DD a new phone on the Black Friday deals for $300 off. Of course it would be hundreds more now, if I can even find it and get it in time for Christmas. It is supposed to be an upgrade on an existing AT&T line for $13/mo instead of the $23/mo available now at BB and AT&T stores. Any way to know if this is just a short shipping delay? If not, then any strategies to get the original purchase agreement honored?

I think the Hyatt card is a great one, they are really trying to make Card holders happy. You get 10 nights if you apply before 12/31 but I don't know if those 10 nights would post to 2020 or 2021.

You'll be at 4/24, then you could MDD the CSP & CSR.
The answer is both, actually. I was considering going for the Hyatt for myself but ended up pulling the trigger for my targeted email Biz Plat 100K/$15K offer instead. And I'm plotting out doing some mattress runs with P2's WoH for Globalist.

@ep1229 Here's a good writeup and considerations with one of the current WoH cc offers on FM. I'm pasting the part about how the 10 elite nights will post in both 2020 and 2021.

Booked our Southwest flights for Kauai/Maui this summer with points. I was thinking about booking back-up flights in case we can only do one island due to restrictions. But some of the points are spread out among different accounts from cancellations, so don't have quite enough. Plus I'm not sure I'd be able to use the taxes refund before they expire. Hope we can do the trip as planned!

Hi Everyone! I haven't been here in a while. I was wondering if I could please get some advice. I'm looking for a new card and I'm not sure what I should do next. My twins are going to be going off to college fall of 2021 so I should have more time to travel. I'm thinking about the Hyatt card because of the extra bonus before 12/31. Here's my current stats:
02/20 AMEX Hilton Aspire
03/19 AMEX Platinum
04/18 AMEX Gold
07/16 CSR received bonus 12/20/16 (PC from CSP in 8/17)
05/16 AMEX SPG (PC to Marriott Brilliant in 09/19 then PC to Bonvoy 11/20)
Business:
10/20 CIC
07/20 CIU
12/19 CIP
02/19 BOA Alaska Business
03/10 AMEX Delta Platinum Business
I would to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Edited because I had the dates wrong on the CSR bonus. I should reach my 48 months this month.

I've been debating getting the Hyatt card for DH and going for Globalist in 2021 (which would last until 2/28/23). Card promo gets 10 elite nights for 2021. I'd then do the 15k spend for the free night ($6k of which is for the MSR anyways), which gets another 6 elite nights. Then I'd only need 7 nights with a check out from 1/1/21-2/28/21 since those count double. Been thinking about where I'd feel comfortable going (somewhere close). I'm kind of hoping they'll extend it again since spring break will work better for us, but maybe that's hoping for too much lol.

The answer is both, actually. I was considering going for the Hyatt for myself but ended up pulling the trigger for my targeted email Biz Plat 100K/$15K offer instead. And I'm plotting out doing some mattress runs with P2's WoH for Globalist.

@ep1229 Here's a good writeup and considerations with one of the current WoH cc offers on FM. I'm pasting the part about how the 10 elite nights will post in both 2020 and 2021.

View attachment 543102

Such great information! Thank you @afan and @platamama. I'll apply for the Hyatt today! I'll apply for the MDD CSP/CSR in 3 months maybe there will be a better bonus then.

Has anyone received this message from Best Buy? "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days." I really need to know if it is still coming or if they are going to cancel it in a couple days. I ordered DD a new phone on the Black Friday deals for $300 off. Of course it would be hundreds more now, if I can even find it and get it in time for Christmas. It is supposed to be an upgrade on an existing AT&T line for $13/mo instead of the $23/mo available now at BB and AT&T stores. Any way to know if this is just a short shipping delay? If not, then any strategies to get the original purchase agreement honored?

Yes I have got that message before....usually just check app later in the day and see new shipping/arrival information.

The Northern Lights may be visible tonight across the northern 48 -- as far south as Pennsylvania!! Seeing them is on my bucket list. I thought I'd have to travel for it, but maybe not LOL.
If you have never seen Northern Lights, u wont really know what to look for unless someone points it out to you.
they look like very minimal glow in the dark clouds. If you have an iPhone, i suggest looking for apps that can capture it. that way u can confirm it is what your looking. If you have some kind of stabilizer for the phone, grab that too.
If your going professional camera, it needs to be a specific lens to capture. When i went to Fairbanks for Northern Lights, the 6 cameras that were brought, no one had the lens to capture the northern lights.

yeah, u will still get it. I ordered a switch that got the same message and it took about a week and half after for it to change to ready.

I can only imagine. I did some training on teams a couple weeks ago, no video and I was sharing my screen. They were all on mute and I'd ask if anyone had any questions and get nothing. Thought I was talking to myself and had to make sure it was still connected.
That's my life daily. If it wasn't for my advanced students hanging out and just wanting to talk, I'd seriously have NO interactions with students! We're not allowed to force students to turn on their cameras and they know this.
One of my favorite Prof stories in school was of a student who fell asleep in his class. It was a small class of like 20. Student fell asleep and the Prof had everybody leave silently. Said if the student woke class would go back in session. Apparently the student didn’t wake up until the next class came in. I cannot imagine having to go to class again after that 😂
I can't tell you how many times I've had students fall asleep and sleep well into my next class where I'm teaching. They've slept through a bell, new students entering and my next lesson. One even had the nerve to ask if I'd write a pass. Ummm, NO!
Also saw the rumor ihg is extending expiration on fnc’s that expire end of this month. I have one that I’ll lose if they don’t so hoping it’s true! I was just this week considering what I might do to not lose it but it would be great to not feel I have to.
When I asked on chat the other day they said it couldn't be extended. Grrrr!
This post jolted my memory to call IHG about an expiring free night, so big thank you to @Limes96 !!! :cheer2: :tink:

So, I just called and was transferred to the rewards department who told me that I would get an email approximately Dec 15 to Dec 20 about the expiring free night and yes, it will be extended. This is my 2019 free night which already had an extension until the end of 2020. They wouldn't say how long the extension would be, but I'll take whatever on this one. I have the $49 card. Also, they thanked me for being a member since 1998. Didn't realize it was that long - time flies when you are having fun!!

Book 1 between
08/05/2019 - 12/31/2020
Book 1 between
08/03/2020 - 02/09/2022
Select IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Anniversary Night

As you can see I now have 2 and don't want to lose either of them. I had actually forgotten about it so good to know it will be safe.

Soon I have to get to work on Marriott as I have 2 expiring in January2021.
Did they say all were being extended? When I asked on chat the other day, I was denied an extension. The BF and I were looking at doing a quickie trip just to use the night. But if they are extending we won't. I have my "next" year one in the queue as well. So I'm sitting on 2 free nights. My goal was to use them in Chicago this fall....then Chicago closed down :headache: I would prefer the extension as we're only doing this trip to use the night, LOL.

And on the fridge front, I got an email that Lowe's cancelled my order! UGH! Now I'm going to head into Home Depot and see if they can order it. I mean they have it listed on the website, but out of stock. I don't care if it's going to take 3 mos to get here, I just want it in white and not stainless!

Chase UR question for all you experts out there: I'm toying with booking something using my URs for the very first time. (Hyatt Ziva in Cabo, yesssss!) If we cancel within the specified time period, do the URs just come back into our account? Much like when you cancel a SW flight that you booked on points? Thanks for any recent knowledge that anyone may have on this!

That's my life daily. If it wasn't for my advanced students hanging out and just wanting to talk, I'd seriously have NO interactions with students! We're not allowed to force students to turn on their cameras and they know this.

I can't tell you how many times I've had students fall asleep and sleep well into my next class where I'm teaching. They've slept through a bell, new students entering and my next lesson. One even had the nerve to ask if I'd write a pass. Ummm, NO!

When I asked on chat the other day they said it couldn't be extended. Grrrr!

Did they say all were being extended? When I asked on chat the other day, I was denied an extension. The BF and I were looking at doing a quickie trip just to use the night. But if they are extending we won't. I have my "next" year one in the queue as well. So I'm sitting on 2 free nights. My goal was to use them in Chicago this fall....then Chicago closed down :headache: I would prefer the extension as we're only doing this trip to use the night, LOL.

And on the fridge front, I got an email that Lowe's cancelled my order! UGH! Now I'm going to head into Home Depot and see if they can order it. I mean they have it listed on the website, but out of stock. I don't care if it's going to take 3 mos to get here, I just want it in white and not stainless!

It was my understanding that all expiring free night holders are going to receive an email and she said they were still working on the terms. I asked if that meant I was getting an extension and she said yes. When does yours expire? Mine is end of this month.

Also, don't know how long the extension will be.

Good luck with the fridge.

If you have never seen Northern Lights, u wont really know what to look for unless someone points it out to you.
they look like very minimal glow in the dark clouds. If you have an iPhone, i suggest looking for apps that can capture it. that way u can confirm it is what your looking. If you have some kind of stabilizer for the phone, grab that too.
If your going professional camera, it needs to be a specific lens to capture. When i went to Fairbanks for Northern Lights, the 6 cameras that were brought, no one had the lens to capture the northern lights.

I think I’d cry if I traveled to see the lights only to figure out I need a special lense. Thanks for reminder. I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights and will still have to travel to see them. I’m too far south to see them this time. ☹️

Chase UR question for all you experts out there: I'm toying with booking something using my URs for the very first time. (Hyatt Ziva in Cabo, yesssss!) If we cancel within the specified time period, do the URs just come back into our account? Much like when you cancel a SW flight that you booked on points? Thanks for any recent knowledge that anyone may have on this!
Mine usually go right back in a few minutes, sometimes I have to log out and back in to see them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter