I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
few friends of mine were comparing how houses are like in other states outside of Los Angeles... its quite unbelievable how different every market is.
made a joke on a some people we met on a tour, us from LA, them from New Jersey i think... anyways, they asked us how many acres we live on, we're like acres? more like square feet! lol
California and NY are crazy expensive. Years ago, I had a friend visiting from California with his boyfriend who was a California native. Boyfriend saw our house/yard and was impressed that we must be rich. 1800 square ft house in suburbia on a double lot (roughly half acre). We paid $150,000, he responded it would be a million near San Francisco where he was from.

California and NY are crazy expensive. Years ago, I had a friend visiting from California with his boyfriend who was a California native. Boyfriend saw our house/yard and was impressed that we must be rich. 1800 square ft house in suburbia on a double lot (roughly half acre). We paid $150,000, he responded it would be a million near San Francisco where he was from.

ive heard NY market has been crashing but i havent really looked into it too much. I found an internship out in NYC and was considering it until i saw how badly NYC is affected by Covid. CA market is still booming despite COVID. i think ive read zillow predicting market continue to grow by 11%. I think by next year, it be SF pricing everywhere in California...

ive heard NY market has been crashing but i havent really looked into it too much. I found an internship out in NYC and was considering it until i saw how badly NYC is affected by Covid. CA market is still booming despite COVID. i think ive read zillow predicting market continue to grow by 11%. I think by next year, it be SF pricing everywhere in California...
The city is but the suburbs are a complete seller's market. SW Connecticut which has seen little-to-no appreciation in the past 20 years is finally seeing bidding wars and prices increasing.

Depends.....lots of people are leaving NYC... we live on Long Island...prices are crazy high, bidding wars etc..prices where we are up almost 20% from last year...my DH wants to sell and move to FL...but our first grandchild is due next week so nope not moving

A half acre will probably be in the multiples of millions now, depending on the community. It's rare to have a lot size that big in the SF Bay Area unless you go more to the outskirts. My parents' house, couple miles from Apple campus (1400 sq ft house, 8000 sq ft lot), is worth 2 million. They've been there 30 years. No way they could afford it if they were buying now.

I need to find something to do with my $130 Amex travel credit.
any ideas why? its more of a curiosity for me...
why the suburbs are a sellers’ market? Two bedroom apartments in Manhattan cost more than a lot of 5,000 square foot houses in Fairfield County, CT (Westchester County, NY tends to be pricier). So if you have a young family with two adults working from home with no where to go out, what’s the point?

I just got a random snail mail cc offer.... citizens bank m/c... no AF- no real bonus but 10% cashback in grocery, up to $500 spend per month....anyone seen this?

Buy my AA MCE/seat selection??

Which airline did you select? Lot of people are loading their United Travel Bank.
Rookie mistake: I bought Lounges Passes on my Gold and Platinum Amex to use next year, but didn't remember to select an airline until I saw this.

DP: I called Amex and Maria kindly selected my airline on both cards, then typed long notes to herself to back-credit the incidentals 15 days after my purchase (which was 2 days ago), because they can't make any adjustments until 15 days have passed and it needs to be credited on 2020's air credit. She will be getting stellar review(s) on my survey!

And thanks to becauseimnew for the reminder!

Buy my AA MCE/seat selection??

Which airline did you select? Lot of people are loading their United Travel Bank.
I mainly fly SW. We sometimes fly AA to Northern Michigan but don't have tickets booked yet for next summer. I may just let it go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter