I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P2 will finally be under 5/24 in about a month. It's been so long that I haven't bothered keeping up with Chase application rules beyond a high level so just a simple question - which day is OK to apply? Is it the date of the 5th card +2 years, +2 years and one day, or the first of the month following the 5th card?
I waited 1 day after the 5th card was 2 years old just to be safe.

CSR doordash credit,mine just reset...is it true I need to use it asap and it''l reset again after Jan1?

Anyone want to comment on the potential risk of applying for Citi AA cards?
DH got Citi AA Biz 2/2017 & Barclay Biz in 8/2018. I'm thinking he's safe to apply for an AA card now. Keep getting offers in email and snail mail.

I need a plan for 2021 but not inspired as of yet. My primary goal is saving cash to upgrade to a better house. Free travel welcome once we can travel again, hopefully by summer.

Im ready to answer now.
I got my first “travel” credit card just over 4 years ago with The CSR 100,000 point SUB. I had to wait until 12/21 this year to apply again. 2020 has been a slow year for me. Last Dec I did the SW MDD on our way home from HI. (Thank you SFF for answering SOS PM while I was in Denver airport) Then in the spring, I got the Cap One Venture. This morning I completed a MDD with the CSP and Hyatt. I think I’m pretty well set now for a while.
I don’t deal with the FOMO that I used to. My biggest regret was closing my Amex Bonvoy. I got fairly good offers on that card and the points helped me to reach Titanium this year and get another 40,000 FNC.
IS it still considered mdd if it's a premium card+ branded card? I'm considering this

Anyone want to comment on the potential risk of applying for Citi AA cards?
DH got Citi AA Biz 2/2017 & Barclay Biz in 8/2018. I'm thinking he's safe to apply for an AA card now. Keep getting offers in email and snail mail.

I need a plan for 2021 but not inspired as of yet. My primary goal is saving cash to upgrade to a better house. Free travel welcome once we can travel again, hopefully by summer.
Not sure about the risk with AA, but just to comment on our denial/success. DH applied for the Citi biz AA about 6 weeks ago and was denied. They asked for all kinds of business info to reconsider and we just let the application die. So I read somewhere to leave the Tax ID number field blank. I usually put my social security number there which is what I thought was usually advised. Today I reapplied for him leaving the tax ID field empty and got instant approval. Don't know if that made a difference or not but thought I'd put it out there...

Not sure about the risk with AA, but just to comment on our denial/success. DH applied for the Citi biz AA about 6 weeks ago and was denied. They asked for all kinds of business info to reconsider and we just let the application die. So I read somewhere to leave the Tax ID number field blank. I usually put my social security number there which is what I thought was usually advised. Today I reapplied for him leaving the tax ID field empty and got instant approval. Don't know if that made a difference or not but thought I'd put it out there...
Curious. Any open AA Biz cards? If not, when was it closed?

Drat! Stupid website won't let DH transfer his points to my CSR card. It says "unexpected error" but no suggestions as to what to do about it. I tried switching to another card but no luck there either.

Are the cards you're trying to transfer to linked to receive points in another account? You can try unlinking them, wait 24 hours, then try again. A daisy chain usually avoids the issue: account 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 back to 1. You can also call or SM and ask them to do the transfer for you. I messed up my daisy chain recently and SM'd (gave my DH's name and account number that I wanted to transfer to). After they did the transfer, the account was properly linked and I could transfer more myself.

Interesting. We've had Biz cards in the past because we had a rental property but we sold it. Going forward our 'Biz' would be Ebay sales. What business did you use?
I was thinking personal for an AA card since DH is 2/24.

MDD successful! CSP yesterday (using a support link) and CSR today! Yay! 110,000 URs on their way as soon as I get the cards!

Can anyone remind me how long they take to arrive? The CSR said 3-5 business days. What about the CSP? I will have our friend pick up the mail and overnight up here, but need to know to when he should pick it up.
Double Congrats party: party:
we usually get the cards in a week...however the post office has been super slow this holiday season. I’m still waiting for 2 eBay orders that were shipped 12/12 and 12/15

Chase and Dell frustrating me lately. I thought I'd be good when I didn't order $225 of GC all at once at Dell. Got the first $110 to go through. Waited a few days and did $115, got the confirmation that it was approved, but then 2 days later, "Just kidding, this order was cancelled." I can't even remember but I did get the 2 $100 to go through, but I still needed $15 more to account for the AO. This time, it's like my order never happened. I get the email about using my AO and an email from Rakuten, but under Dell nothing under my orders. Good thing I started this as soon as I got my cards on 12/15. At this point I'm just giving up and if a couple bucks get clawed back from AmEx oh well.

Then Chase. Got my Freedom Flex, pc'd from CSR a few weeks ago. Declined at Walmart. Responded to fraud email that it was me. Still declined. Used another card. Tried again and this time called after getting declined. Still didn't work. She wanted me to move terminals. Not happening at a busy Walmart. Used another card. Third time I call before I make the purchase. Finally goes through. Yay, I think I'm all set. Try using it at Walgreens for $15. Declined again. Called again. This time they swear that it is all set and I should be good. But the multiple charges on the new card set off the fraud alert. So now I still have $1000 I'd like to use at Walmart to max the 5%, but what are the chances it goes through?:confused3

Last edited:
Chase and Dell frustrating me lately. I thought I'd be good when I didn't order $225 of GC all at once at Dell. Got the first $110 to go through. Waited a few days and did $115, got the confirmation that it was approved, but then 2 days later, "Just kidding, this order was cancelled." I can't even remember but I did get the 2 $100 to go through, but I still needed $15 more to account for the AO. This time, it's like my order never happened. I get the email about using my AO and an email from Rakuten, but under Dell nothing under my orders. Good thing I started this as soon as I got my cards on 12/15. At this point I'm just giving up and if a couple bucks get clawed back from AmEx oh well.

Then Chase. Got my Freedom Flex, pc'd from CSR a few weeks ago. Declined at Walmart. Responded to fraud email that it was me. Still declined. Used another card. Tried again and this time called after getting declined. Still didn't work. She wanted me to move terminals. Not happening at a busy Walmart. Used another card. Third time I call before I make the purchase. Finally goes through. Yay, I think I'm all set. Try using it at Walgreens for $15. Declined again. Called again. This time they swear that it is all set and I should be good. But the multiple charges on the new card set off the fraud alert. So now I still have $1000 I'd like to use at Walmart to max the 5%, but what are the chances it goes through?:confused3
That's frustrating. Maybe try a Walmart eGC online to see what happens.

In desperate need of a new card ASAP and nothing looks interesting. I only got 2 new cards this year and still I see nothing. Maybe I am too picky. lol I keep thinking I will venture into Amex but then I talk myself out of them. This year I only got the SW Priority and the Hyatt card, last year I got some biz cards, only 5 cards total in last 2 years, I am a slow churner. So I am 2/24. I can't go for Sapphires for another year. I have a $2k insurance bill due soon.

MDD successful! CSP yesterday (using a support link) and CSR today! Yay! 110,000 URs on their way as soon as I get the cards!

Can anyone remind me how long they take to arrive? The CSR said 3-5 business days. What about the CSP? I will have our friend pick up the mail and overnight up here, but need to know to when he should pick it up.

CONGRATS!! this gives me hope! Have been prepping over the last two weeks (downgraded CSR, lowering CLs, etc.) so will be attempting soon.

In desperate need of a new card ASAP and nothing looks interesting. I only got 2 new cards this year and still I see nothing. Maybe I am too picky. lol I keep thinking I will venture into Amex but then I talk myself out of them. This year I only got the SW Priority and the Hyatt card, last year I got some biz cards, only 5 cards total in last 2 years, I am a slow churner. So I am 2/24. I can't go for Sapphires for another year. I have a $2k insurance bill due soon.
Why not go for the Amex Plat? You'll get the card number right away.
I really didn't think I wanted another $550 AF this year, but we've made good use of all the benefits the last 2 months.

Why not go for the Amex Plat? You'll get the card number right away.
I really didn't think I wanted another $550 AF this year, but we've made good use of all the benefits the last 2 months.

I think all the extra benefits are going away. I personally see $0 value in the Uber, Saks and Airline credits. Is there other credits? I can't keep track of them. I have thought about it every year then talk myself out of it. See previous post of maybe I am too picky. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter