I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer, I got the Amex Hilton Biz card with 130K HH Bonus Points and free weekend night for MSR of $5,000/4 months. I see the 130K points but I can't find the free night. Does anyone know where to look?

Last summer, I got the Amex Hilton Biz card with 130K HH Bonus Points and free weekend night for MSR of $5,000/4 months. I see the 130K points but I can't find the free night. Does anyone know where to look?
I got a Surpass in August with the same rewards, I don't think it shows anywhere. I called in October and was told it was there and expires next Oct, then I got an email in December that said I had it and gave a different expiration date (Dec) so I am somewhat confiused.

Marriott Free Certificate Question. So, my 2 Chase Marriott Cards (personal and biz) just posted their AF. I am keeping them for now as we can use the Free Night Certificates for pre-cruise stays. I went online to Marriott to see if the Chase ones had posted yet - they didn't as probably still too soon.

But.... I also had the AMEX Brilliant that I downgraded in January after the AF came due. So, I was now going to get a 35,000 free night instead of 50,000. Well on my account it shows that I have 2 free night certificates to use. 1 for 35,000 and 1 for 50,000. Not quite sure how that happened....
My Chase cert posts on my anniversary date, which is before the AF posts for me. If you PC'd your Brilliant after your official anniversary date, you still get a 50k cert because it seems to be based on what card you had on the anniversary date. I would guess the 35k cert is from a Chase card.

I got a Surpass in August with the same rewards, I don't think it shows anywhere. I called in October and was told it was there and expires next Oct, then I got an email in December that said I had it and gave a different expiration date (Dec) so I am somewhat confiused.
It's like they are hiding it so we will forget about it (which I almost did.) I just searched my emails and I did not receive anything regarding the free night reward. I guess I will call them tonight.

We most likely won’t get it done before he’s born. That was our plan but we need to find some other lawyers and review all their prices. Dh also mentioned wanting to do it online on his own. The guy we saw yesterday was recommended to us by our realtor

If you find anything amazing online please share.

Anyone flying UA in April? They just announced they are cutting 20% of international routes and 10% of domestic routes in April.

If you really need to fly at specific times or days I would have Expret Flyer watch your flights so you get instant notification if there has been a change so you can get the flight you want before others on your flights get it.

Expect other airlines to follow suit.

With amazon they'd already stopped travel and the building the worker was in is still being used and everything is as normal. The news also said those in close contact to the person have been notified but they haven't been at work since leaving early 2/25. Amazon also has multiple locations here so problematic possibly but I don't think this one is going to affect them unless ot spreads and from what I've been reading I would expect others to be sick by now if it spread at the office.

Do you live in King County? I have never been to Seattle - not sure of the areas around it. But there is new health guidance about avoiding crowds for those 60+, pregnant women, etc. The thing about 60+ is that includes a whole lot of workers. Stay safe @afran :)

Anyone flying UA in April? They just announced they are cutting 20% of international routes and 10% of domestic routes in April.

If you really need to fly at specific times or days I would have Expret Flyer watch your flights so you get instant notification if there has been a change so you can get the flight you want before others on your flights get it.

Expect other airlines to follow suit.
I'm waiting for AA to do more, I need to cancel one of DH's flight and I'm hoping AA has no fee changes on previously booked trip, not this crappy deal they have now.

I've been home sick today. My first sick day in... forever. This ear infection has morphed into a full blown sinus disaster with a headache that won't die. I do have my voice back now. I've had laryngitis for 3 days which is not awesome for a PR person.

I am tired because I cannot get comfortable to sleep and I am so bored, just sitting here by myself. (DH is at work obviously).

It's like they are hiding it so we will forget about it (which I almost did.) I just searched my emails and I did not receive anything regarding the free night reward. I guess I will call them tonight.
I'm still waiting for my free night from my December Aspire renewal. I called a few weeks ago and they said they have 12 weeks to deposit. I have a reminder set in my phone to call on March 19th, which is the date they will manually deposit it if it's not done before that.

I just spoke with the diamond desk at Hilton. The lovely CSR told me that they are waiving cancellation penalties for Saudia Arabia, Italy, China, Japan and S. Korea currently; this includes if you have flights that transit through the aforementioned destinations. I think my issue now is that we have a 10 or 12 hour layover in Doha coming back, which is so geographically close to Iran, which Cdn officials are estimating at having over 18,000 cases, based on the numbers they are providing. So, do I want to risk travel through Doha and a possible quarantine in London or Miami coming back?

Dd is in her senior year and she will have her AP exams in early May, so a 2 week quarantine would be awful. I am going to wait another week or two and make a final decision. The cancellation deadline for our stay has already passed, but I think Hilton might be flexible with putting my points back in my account. It would stink to cancel, but maybe we could look at going early in May, 2021 :sad1::sad:.

I'm fairly certain we are going to have to cancel our DC trip for next month. I'm assuming things are all going to get more "panicky" before they get better. I really don't want to get quarantined or unable to get home. I'm assuming because we live near and fly out of Seattle there may be extra screening before then as well. The kids will be disappointed but at least we won't be out any cash .

Do you live in King County? I have never been to Seattle - not sure of the areas around it. But there is new health guidance about avoiding crowds for those 60+, pregnant women, etc. The thing about 60+ is that includes a whole lot of workers. Stay safe @afran :)

I do live in king county but in the south so not as concerned because it's all been in the north. Our county is quite large, both in population and square miles, over 2300 aw miles and almost 2.2 mil people.

No one at work is worried about though we have gotten an email about what to do. I'm still going to dlr tomorrow and no one has questioned it.

I hadn't seen anything about that alert yet but will make sure my mom knows but knowing her she won't change anything and doesn't really go to crowded places. The gym and stores normally are fine after 9am whem she goes.

The news is def doing a good job of covering it but over covering as all news outlets do major stories so to some it may seem worse than it is.

I did listen to dr sanjay guptas mew podcast today and he said it's lower respiratory so if you have a sore throat or stuff nose it's not covid 19. This was rhe first I'd heard that and I think is important to know to help distinguish.

I'm not sure what will happen here but if it's been spreading around here for 6 weeks already it can't be that bad unless you have thr underlying issues like those in the nursing home.

I did some research today and it seems that it wouldn’t be advantageous for us to buy insurance now for our late spring (May-June) Europe trip since we are past the cancel for any reason time frame.

Since the chance we’ll need to cancel is rising at the moment, my thought is if needed, to cancel a little before a month out (when Airbnb cancel window closes and DLP final payment is due).

Our trip is such a mishmash of different reservations including points bookings (a few non refundable - I had thought I’d made them all refundable but was mistaken), small bits here and there on my CSR (some insurance there). It sounds like canceling a month out would not be covered under any policy anyway, and our loss would be somewhere around $1k, which I could cover with UR to make it no actual financial loss to us. We did buy the optional insurance that came with the DLP portion of our trip.

The policies I’ve read say that trip interruption/cancellation due to state department warnings for current terrorist events ARE covered, but say nothing about state department warnings against traveling where there’s widespread sickness.

Once we get past that one month out point if we’ve decided to go for it, will there be a problem then with buying insurance to cover medical issues? I’d hate to buy it now and then cancel before it would even help having it.

I don’t feel confident that I’m well enough educated on this, so I’m hoping anyone knowing more than me might be able to help me with any misunderstandings/blind spots I might have. I’m not stressed out about it, but just want to make the best financial decisions. TIA and sorry for being so long winded. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter