I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, question for people who redeem Hilton points frequently. I don't quite know how to value my points. I need to stay near Love Field for the night of February 7th and can book the DoubleTree by the airport for 30k Hilton points. I currently have 136k with another 125k coming once DH finishes up his latest MSR. I would need up to 240k points by mid-February for my only other planned Hilton redemption. Should I:

1) Book the DoubleTree for 30k Hilton points (room would be about $145 cash)
2) Book another Hilton that is 20k points but in a less-ideal location, or
3) Book a cash rate elsewhere for about $100/night?

I'm leaning towards option 1 but like I said, I don't have a good gauge for if that's a good value or not.
Im probably not the best judge as I just booked a one night staycation for next weekend just so I could use the resort credit on my Aspire Card. I say go for it.

Oooh boy 9/9 now for comments on pages! This will all come crashing down tomorrow morning when you early risers crush my dreams LOL!

I know you're just venting but don't be so hard on yourself! :D Anybody who can churn certainly isn't a moron or an idiot. I'm sorry you're stuck with all of this crap right now though. :(

I legit would love to see it at those levels. Like...fly down just for the day...don't plan on riding anything...LOL!

I've done it and there is certainly an excitement level that is not what you experience on regular days. There was entertainment, and lots of dancing and loads of fun.

However, the bathrooms will keep me away. It was so difficult to get into a restroom. But then I had the opportunity to stay at Boardwalk and could use the International Gateway without the Skyliner crowds. Makes a lot of difference.

I remember on one trip we had reservations for the restaurant in Morrocco. It took two hours to get seated.

If I had to be in a park, Epcot is what I would choose. The Magic Kingdom was so crowded it was scary.

I’m not sure your DD would think “cool dad” if you took her to stand in a gridlocked MK. 😜
For my entry to page 10 I give you this ridiculous meme....

Ok...but this one is actually better:

tenor.gif

I think I've posted before about our first Christmas trip. It was when my youngest was still in a stroller. We knew that there was a chance that Disney would close one (or more) of the parks if the attendance reached a certain point, and we made the mistake of thinking that so long as we got into the park, it would be manageable, because Disney would close the park at an attendance level that was reasonable. Ha. I can still recall the feeling of standing in front of It's A Small World and being totally boxed in--standing still and not able to move in any direction because there were so many people.

We have been to WDW numerous times since then over Christmas but never again the MK on Christmas Day.

I had that same experience just not with a stroller.

Thanks to the person who mentioned about getting a $5 credit from Amazon for a late package (I think it was @Haley R). But now that I Have a $5 credit (supposedly--the chat person said it was in my account), how do I use it? Will it show up automatically at check out or do I have to find the code somewhere in my account?
It will show up at checkout but only for items sold by amazon. I’m glad it worked for you! We’ve been able to use it quite a few times.

Oooh boy 9/9 now for comments on pages! This will all come crashing down tomorrow morning when you early risers crush my dreams LOL!

I know you're just venting but don't be so hard on yourself! :D Anybody who can churn certainly isn't a moron or an idiot. I'm sorry you're stuck with all of this crap right now though. :(

I legit would love to see it at those levels. Like...fly down just for the day...don't plan on riding anything...LOL!
I would absolutely hate trying to navigate the park with that many people. Maybe if I went just to sit on a bench lol

Free night and a little status. Despite being the lowest status level, ie peon, we’ve been upgraded when staying Hyatt and sent a basket of fruit and snacks once.

Bank bonuses have become a thorn in my side. Messed up one last year and I’m pretty sure the one I’m working on now won’t post. It’s been too long (leaving it til January just to be sure, but I’m guessing the account wasn’t ‘open’ in time because the bank took so long to accept and post my opening deposit )

Lands End make a variety of nice backpacks. They are pricey (to me) unless on sale. Make sure to use Rakuten if you order from them.

One of my utilities says Visa is not supported for auto pay. So it goes on Discover 🤷🏼‍♀️

Got T-fal pan at Costco. Working well thus far.

I thought the Chicago weather was crappy. Pretty icy last night, quite a few car accidents this morning.

Nope, just nope. Too peopley.

Exactly
Whatever backpack I choose I’ll order from amazon because we have so many gift cards through them right now. I think I’m gonna try the $28 backpack I found and see how it turns out. It has free returns

You don't know my older daughter LOL! Armed with rope drop, a fun lunch ADR and 3 afternoon FPs we'd have a fun day and then people watch :D

This is the same daughter who when presented the option to ride E-ticket's multiple times selects things like Enchanted Tiki Room, Country Bears and Carousel of Progress due to her appreciation of what Walt built and all that Disney World represents historically.

...Yes she is 9...yes it is disturbing how much I have brainwashed her! LOL!

Now my younger daughter....that would be a tragic failure!
Yes but you can’t get to the FPs and ADR when gridlocked.

I've done it and there is certainly an excitement level that is not what you experience on regular days. There was entertainment, and lots of dancing and loads of fun.

However, the bathrooms will keep me away. It was so difficult to get into a restroom. But then I had the opportunity to stay at Boardwalk and could use the International Gateway without the Skyliner crowds. Makes a lot of difference.

I remember on one trip we had reservations for the restaurant in Morrocco. It took two hours to get seated.

If I had to be in a park, Epcot is what I would choose. The Magic Kingdom was so crowded it was scary.
Yes, spent July 4th in Epcot with the whole family. Great memories.

I would totally do it! Not with my kids, and I wouldn't plan on really doing anything but being there. It would be a fun experience to have I think.
Bucket List: NYE in MK without kids. Someday that might happen, but DH would be constantly complaining, making me miserable so maybe it won't happen. In my head it sounds fun though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter