• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have but feel it’s easier at Boardwalk since it’s considered a “destination”
Okay I think we'll try parking there instead. I was wondering because BC would only seem legit with an ADR I think. My main goal at Epcot is to get the Donald magnet and I'd love to do the butterfly house because I've never done that before. I want to make sure I leave enough time to get to HS for our FP, though. We probably wont' be focusing on trying foods.

So any idea what car loan rates should look like for the next few months? lol About to buy a truck, and am hoping for a rate drop.

Auto loans are interesting. There's no real correlation to the Fed's actions re: Fed Funds since they are generally fixed rate instruments. Where it gets interesting is what happens to credit from here. Multiple variables at play depending on what happens with credit (tighter credit vs. loosening of credit induced by the Fed; our local banker @SouthFayetteFan might be able to shed some light). Short term, you should be fine, but it won't be anything dramatic IMO.

Bond trader for a living. @SouthFayetteFan I see you on the SBA loans. I’m a buyer of SBA pools that have securitized those loans you are underwriting. Don’t make it difficult for me parsing through loan tape and underwrite some solid credit please ;)

10-year Treasury took it to the teeth for sure the last week or so, but more in rally fashion depending on perspective. For buyers of the 10-year, sub 1%, not so much. As an example, I rotated the majority of my 401K into fixed income back in January, and this rally across Treasuries has been beneficial.

30yr mortgages are tied to the 10yr Treasury. Shorter term mortgages are benched closer to the 5-7yr depending on tenor. Tied to also means they move directionally, but are not one for one. The weighted average life of a 30 year mortgage (when securitized) in bond world implies half the principal is generally repaid within that 10yr window, hence the correlation, but they don’t mirror. Secondly, I’m a believer, and could certainly be wrong, that mortgage rates are floored to a degree. There’s a level where it’s uneconomical for a bank to issue, and we are seeing this taking place.

The Fed has no choice but to cut, and the market is pricing in additional cuts. Won’t be surprised to see us back at zero rates at least for the short term, but certainly not the 7 years we experienced. With fed funds well through the 10yr Treasury, there is absolutely zero incentive for institutions to issue credit or invest. Until there’s more bang for buck to invest in a 1% 10yr as an example over parking the cash at the Fed riskfree at the prevailing rates, they have to keep cutting unless there’s a pullback in treasuries, which has certainly priced in any contraction far faster than equities or credit assets in general.

This post is sounding more and more like an finance rant than a DIS post...

To make it relevant, DH gets to drink from the cup again :)
If you’re breathing and you have the cash I’ll submit the loan. 🤣 I’m in sales; it’s credit’s job to tell me it’s a bad deal 😂

I kid of course!

If you’re breathing and you have the cash I’ll submit the loan. 🤣 I’m in sales; it’s credit’s job to tell me it’s a bad deal 😂

I kid of course!

Ironically, since SBA pools are fully guaranteed, I should actually retract my original statement and agree with you. Probably need businesses who aren’t as solid, so I’m not getting jammed with prepays and crushed on yields 😂

Carry on! :rotfl2:

One more question for people familiar with Europe travel...will I be ok to wait until early May to buy train tickets? This would be one way Edinburgh to London (end of May), and then also the Eurostar from London to Paris (early June).

I was checking Eurostar every few weeks looking for London to Paris in August. I've stopped checking. I figure that while the price may go up I'm not willing to commit at this point. Of course YMMV.

Does anyone know how long it should take for our hotel to get refunded by Disney? We had them refund it over the weekend and paid for it with a gift card instead

Ironically, since SBA pools are fully guaranteed, I should actually retract my original statement and agree with you. Probably need businesses who aren’t as solid, so I’m not getting jammed with prepays and crushed on yields 😂

Carry on! :rotfl2:
It’s so funny to see those worlds collide!! What a crazy coincidence!

I can do conventional or SBA deals in my world but I focus on SBA personally because they’re very fun to work on and rewarding when you get to help somebody start a business or acquire one!!

Lately as in my cravings change and the new one has been blueberry muffins lol. I don’t crave it every day, but most days I do. I’ve been keeping a list of things I’ve wanted and it’s such a weird list
I understand “ weird!” My pregnancy craving was NACHOS for BREAKFAST! that lasted about three weeks. I’ve never craved them since.

same
we have this as an add on option with my employer too. I’ve never done it since it seems like something I wouldn’t use much plus I want to be able to choose my own lawyer. But that does seem like a good deal for a trust preparation. Might consider it next year.
You might want to look into it. We were able to choose our own lawyer. I know benefits differ between companies but that benefit can save a lot on legal fees.

We tell the guard that we are eating and shopping so far no issues...

I stayed in Nov, Jan, and Feb and in February they were diligent about blocking the right lane with cones and speaking to everyone coming through. When I was stuck in line behind people, I noticed people being turned away.

@Haley R - I haven't ridden Skyliner but how about parking at DHS and taking the Skyliner to Epcot and back since it is so quick?

Bond trader for a living. @SouthFayetteFan I see you on the SBA loans. I’m a buyer of SBA pools that have securitized those loans you are underwriting. Don’t make it difficult for me parsing through loan tape and underwrite some solid credit please ;)

10-year Treasury took it to the teeth for sure the last week or so, but more in rally fashion depending on perspective. For buyers of the 10-year, sub 1%, not so much. As an example, I rotated the majority of my 401K into fixed income back in January, and this rally across Treasuries has been beneficial.

30yr mortgages are tied to the 10yr Treasury. Shorter term mortgages are benched closer to the 5-7yr depending on tenor. Tied to also means they move directionally, but are not one for one. The weighted average life of a 30 year mortgage (when securitized) in bond world implies half the principal is generally repaid within that 10yr window, hence the correlation, but they don’t mirror. Secondly, I’m a believer, and could certainly be wrong, that mortgage rates are floored to a degree. There’s a level where it’s uneconomical for a bank to issue, and we are seeing this taking place.

The Fed has no choice but to cut, and the market is pricing in additional cuts. Won’t be surprised to see us back at zero rates at least for the short term, but certainly not the 7 years we experienced. With fed funds well through the 10yr Treasury, there is absolutely zero incentive for institutions to issue credit or invest. Until there’s more bang for buck to invest in a 1% 10yr as an example over parking the cash at the Fed riskfree at the prevailing rates, they have to keep cutting unless there’s a pullback in treasuries, which has certainly priced in any contraction far faster than equities or credit assets in general.

This post is sounding more and more like an finance rant than a DIS post...

To make it relevant, DH gets to drink from the cup again :)
Finance rant appreciated!

My dad was a Fed economist (both at the Board and the FRB of Minneapolis). I agree they had no choice to cut and follow futures (which yesterday were saying another 25 basis points in April is likely). I guess with the meeting around the corner I was surprised. Glad the market rallied yesterday but I know it's not even close to being over. My investment horizon is > 20 years and I lived through the 2007 to 2009 recession, so I know we'll get through this:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter