I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I get it all the time since my retirement. I have cards that are more than 20 years old, but Amex wants to know all about my money. I just ignore it. Even so, they've still approved cards for me.

Related question- my income is now about 60% of the income in 2021 that it had been previously. When I opened an Amex card last year, I used the higher income. When applying this year, will it draw attention that my income has dropped so significantly? I pay my Amex statements in full and have good credit- I’m probably needlessly worrying the income drop will cause some type of financial review.

Finally calling AA to get my Disney confirmation number for MDE. Quoted hold time: 43-60min. Fine, I'll do that. Currently sitting at 2 hours and 20 min.

Have I mentioned I absolutely hate making phone calls?!

Oh, I did get my SW flights fixed via Twitter. And, everyone kept their EBCI. I love being able to handle things that way :)

What is a good Uber Eats delivery tip?

* $16 Food (on sale; retail price $32)
* $20 bill with tax and service fee ($0 delivery fee promo)
* 2 miles one way (8 minutes)

I tipped $7, but am thinking that might have been a little generous? Since I normally pick up my orders, I have no idea what's common.
Thanks!

ETA: Hoping for a variety of opinions
I think I would have tipped five bucks.

Finally calling AA to get my Disney confirmation number for MDE. Quoted hold time: 43-60min. Fine, I'll do that. Currently sitting at 2 hours and 20 min.

Oh, I did get my SW flights fixed via Twitter. And, everyone kept their EBCI. I love being able to handle things that way :)
I need to call and put requests on our reservation but I don’t have 2 hours to sit on the phone lol

Does anyone know whether the SWA change works for Hawaii flights? I saw something on another board that made me think it might not?

Has anyone seen any good deals on Sam’s memberships recently? I thought I had awhile to go on my membership, but it expires March 7. I’m planning to let that one end and open a new membership under a different email.

you can stack the support links on dischurners with the free $45 membership card. PM if you need help

I don't suppose there is any way for me to pay the remainder of my car (technically motorcycle) loan, currently with a credit union, off by credit card?
I use plastiq to pay my auto loan with the credit union no problems

If I book a Marriott property with URs will I be able to get Bonvoy points, nights credited and free plat breakfast (I will be very close to titanium this year)? I know it's a longshot since Chase uses Expedia, but thought I'd ask.
I didn't get the nights credit but I did get the plat welcome points

Will Chase pull a different bureau if the one they usually pull is frozen? I know you can request this with some banks via recon and they'll do it, but I can't recall for Chase.
chase always pulls 2 and it varies each time so it seems they like they just like pulling 2.

I just used PYB with my CSP UR's to buy Disney gift cards to pay for park tickets. I suppose the same could be done for resort stays/packages. CSR would give a better rate for PYB.

Caution: When I called to buy the park tickets (DVC MS) only two forms of payment could be applied. I had two gift cards and the remainder was to be put on a CC. They could not do that. Luckily, I had exactly the right amount on gift cards for 3 of the park tickets. So I was able to split the 4 tickets into 2 transactions: 3 tix on GCs, the third on my CC. Not sure if the same holds true for non DVC transactions. (Ticket paid for with CC was for a non-family member who will be joining us and paid for her own tix.)
will they let you do one ticket per transaction?

Thanks! I was hoping to just mobile order but it seems like we better go in to be safe. Do you know if you can call and talk to a chef? I’m just worried going in and asking will take even longer because then they still have to make the food. It’ll be hard to keep ds entertained for too long.
I've been able to call some and talk to a chef its worth a try if you can find the actual phone number for each restaurant

So is the sippy cup back?

After a long hiatus of not traveling- I work in healthcare and can’t leave the state without missing 2 weeks of work. I’m starting to see light. We have a Disney trip booked in august- not sure if I’ll keep it, not going if there are still no parades, fireworks, character meets, etc. time will tell.

But I’m 1/24, DH is 0/24 and we haven’t opened a card since 2/20. We did refi in November.

I’m debating a lot of things- Hilton biz cards for both of us- our original plan was japan in 2022 for my 40th.

A sapphire mdd for me.

A plat for dh.

Now there are too many options and no firm plans.

So is the sippy cup back?

After a long hiatus of not traveling- I work in healthcare and can’t leave the state without missing 2 weeks of work. I’m starting to see light. We have a Disney trip booked in august- not sure if I’ll keep it, not going if there are still no parades, fireworks, character meets, etc. time will tell.

But I’m 1/24, DH is 0/24 and we haven’t opened a card since 2/20. We did refi in November.

I’m debating a lot of things- Hilton biz cards for both of us- our original plan was japan in 2022 for my 40th.

A sapphire mdd for me.

A plat for dh.

Now there are too many options and no firm plans.
CIC or CIU is a better deal 75k UR for 7500 spend

I quit at 4 hours 3 minutes.

There was an option to have them call me, but I figured 43 minutes, I can do that and I'll probably miss my phone call anyway. I guess tomorrow morning I do that option even if I am at softball when they call.

On the bright side I just purged 5200 emails from one of my inboxes.

Thanks! I buy Disney gift cards from Target throughout the year and get 5% off.
I don't want to overload you with new threads, but you should also start following the Disney Gift Card Deals thread. May of us stack credit card offers with cash back portals, warehouse store discounts, and/or grocery store discounts, to get a larger overall discount. Even if I don't have a trip planned, I will almost always purchase more Disney gift cards when I find I am able to stack discounts enough to effectively get more than 20% off. I will purchase at 10-15% off if I have a trip that is rapidly approaching. I purchase at 5% off if I don't have time to wait for a larger discount.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a great way to pay for Disney with credit card points for a while. The current Chase Pay Yourself Back feature is pretty good for purchasing Disney dining or for purchasing Disney gift cards at grocery stores, but the offer will be changing at the end of April. It's good to have other options for Disney gift cards.

Here's the link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/

ETA - just as an example, I know you have a Chase Freedom card. This quarter, the Freedom card gets 5% Chase UR at Warehouse stores. If you already have a Sam's Club or BJ's membership, you can purchase Disney gift cards at either store for ~4% off (which is their standard discount), and you can get 5% Chase UR on the remainder (6.25% when paired with your new CSP. If you can be patient, Rakuten will occasionally announce cash back offers for Sam's Club that do not exclude gift card purchases. Through the Rakuten portal, we have sometimes seen cash back offers as high as 10% at Sam's Club, which can be stacked with the other discounts. There are also methods that use targeted Chase or AmEx offers. I won't go into all of them here, but they are updated frequently on the gift card page.

Last edited:
My battery on my dell went in December and that was the beginning of an ordeal for me. DD and I replaced it ourselves (ordered battery from Amazon). One of the tiny screws was stripped. Finally got the back off and replaced the battery. New battery is so much better. But then something happened with the case (no clue how). That's when I decided to buy a new laptop and send the old one to Dell to fix. So now we have a spare which is nice since the county provides laptops for the kids but they generally turn them in at the end of the year. DD will need a new laptop for college so Dell will get another $1,500 or so of my money soon.

And I had another dell (a less expensive one my sister gave me that she didn't like) and the keyboard was atrocious. I love my xps keyboard.

My 4 yo laptop is an HP 360 Envy 13.3 inch, intel i7. Small. Fast. Backlit and I love touchscreen. I'm all fumbles with the one I'm using. I actually also have a Dell bought for work that's maybe 6 years old that hasn't been out of it's bag in ages. I bought this one because it fits in a tote bag without having to have a special bag for it and it travels well, can be locked in a lot of safes, and used in the dark without waking others, in a hotel room. It would cost about $1200 to replace, so here's hoping the battery replacement is all that is needed.

Related question- my income is now about 60% of the income in 2021 that it had been previously. When I opened an Amex card last year, I used the higher income. When applying this year, will it draw attention that my income has dropped so significantly? I pay my Amex statements in full and have good credit- I’m probably needlessly worrying the income drop will cause some type of financial review.

I think so. I don't take any money yet from my retirement funds as I don't need to. So, I apply with a smaller figure. When I applied for the CSP in November, I called right away when they said 'need more time'. I said I didn't add in such and such. At the time they just gave me the card and moved credit from another card. (I have 8 Chase cards.) They did tell me that I would have to state the funds on the app if I didn't have so much credit to move around on the other cards. I thought about using 'household income', not married right now but daughter lives with me full time, but haven't yet.

I'm kind of weird I guess in that I don't want to share much of my financial information with credit card companies - just enough to get an approval. Amex has been bugging me to 'update my info' for years now but they've given me 3 cards in the last two years or so and one popup.

I think I would have tipped five bucks.

That's what I would tip for $20 order in a restaurant. But I don't think $7 is out of line - we tip well and expect to get our food fast - when you order often, you don't want to get put on the back burner if the delivery service has several orders to drop in the area. These people get to know you and your habits just like that waiter knows what you are all about after a few in person visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter