I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use autoslash.com and go through Rakuten if Priceline. Check frequently because prices are always changing.
I also use autoslash whenever I rent a car...but it has been a while. They always seem to give me the best rates and if the rates go down, notify me to rebook.
www.autoslash.com Once for the initial rental, then register your reservation with them and they will keep checking for lower rates. I ended up booking a car for October for $400 that thanks to Autoslash I only paid $240 for after the price drops. They will ask if you are a costco member and include those rates as well. Once you have decided but before you book, join the frequent renters programs of whatever company you are going with and make sure you enter that number when booking. The last time I was at MCO I was able to go out to the garage, find my name on the board and was out of the ramp 5 minutes after leaving baggage claim. In DEN, they had my minivan pulled up to the curb already.
Thank you! Looks like autoslash for the win.

It's giving me a rate through priceline, that also says I'll need to show proof of costco membership at pickup, which is fine. And, topcashback has 6% back for priceline. Problem is I can't get the same rate to show up on priceline when I go through topcashback as I see when I go through the link from autoslash. I think it's that I can't figure out how to get costco deals to show up through priceline. Any advice?

What is a good Uber Eats delivery tip?

* $16 Food (on sale; retail price $32)
* $20 bill with tax and service fee ($0 delivery fee promo)
* 2 miles one way (8 minutes)

I tipped $7, but am thinking that might have been a little generous? Since I normally pick up my orders, I have no idea what's common.
Thanks!

ETA: Hoping for a variety of opinions

Last edited:
What is a good Uber Eats delivery tip?

* $16 Food (on sale; retail price $32)
* $20 bill with tax and service fee ($0 delivery fee promo)
* 2 miles one way (8 minutes)

I tipped $7, but am thinking that might have been a little generous? Since I normally pick up my orders, I have no idea what's common.
Thanks!
I agree that tip was very generous. I usually select a 20% tip, and have added more a couple of times when the drivers went out of their way to provide great service.

Just wondering why do you need to register them? I was thinking of using some for my sons next tuition bill. I already used some towards his rent and didn’t register them first. These were bought at Staples though not Kroger.

I register it because it attaches a name and address to the card. I'd rather have it on the card than have an issue with it and it gets declined. Mismatch might not be an issue if it's not actually on the card, but I don't know how it works. It's a quick process and I've never had an issue using them online. With people having issues with them getting drained, I'd also rather have it registered than not. I often use them over the course of a month since I'll use a $100 to pay 2 chiro appts at $39 each that are 2 weeks apart and then dump the rest on amazon. But I buy 2 at a time at safeway when they have the $15 off, so one might also sit around until it gets used. May not add security but I can at least think it does :)

Disney hotel used to be in the Chase travel portal, but they were all removed about 2.5 years ago. Sometime around there. But as others mentioned, buying Disney gift cards with the PYB feature is definitely a great way to use points to pay for Disney!

Thanks! I buy Disney gift cards from Target throughout the year and get 5% off.

Thank you! Looks like autoslash for the win.

It's giving me a rate through priceline, that also says I'll need to show proof of costco membership at pickup, which is fine. And, topcashback has 6% back for priceline. Problem is I can't get the same rate to show up on priceline when I go through topcashback as I see when I go through the link from autoslash. I think it's that I can't figure out how to get costco deals to show up through priceline. Any advice?
My understanding is that it is part of AutoSlash's deal with Priceline and Costco. You may be able to dig into the AutoSlash quote and find the actual discount code, that may help you. I'd not use topcashback, but that's me.

I don't remember seeing anything about Hyatt extending expiration dates, but I got fnc last May and last I had seen they'd extended those that expired either this month or next. I just checked and mine's good til the end of the year now which makes me feel better. I'd been hoping they'd do it so I didn't have to waste it somewhere just to use it.

I have another car rental question. My sister and I are arriving together but she is staying longer than I am. Would there be any issue with me renting the car with my CSR, but she returns it? I'm adding her as an additional driver.

I have another car rental question. My sister and I are arriving together but she is staying longer than I am. Would there be any issue with me renting the car with my CSR, but she returns it? I'm adding her as an additional driver.
Can't answer the main question, but since you went with Costco, you will get one additional driver (spouse or not) included. I guess most companies either don't allow or charge extra for this.

Last edited:
Is there a way to use points to stay onsite at Walt Disney World (excluding Swan and Dolphin)?
It depends on what you mean by using points. You could use the points on a travel card that lets you "erase" travel charges, or use points that have cash equivalents to pay for your onsite stay. The PYB back feature and Disney GC option that was mentioned is much better than Target. You're essentially only paying $80 per $100 GC with the CSP, or $66.67 per $100 GC with the CSR. That feature is set to go away though at the end of April, unless they change the deadline.

We were trying to avoid going in anywhere. I find things on the menus that are dairy and soy free. I’m just worried it might end up getting cross contaminated. Is that something I should worry about? If it’s truly better to go in and order Dh or I can do that
late replying playing catch up. I would talk to the chef bc it really depends on where they are getting things from and the chef can tell you what is safe and what isn't. cross contamination is a worry and to be safe I'd talk to the chef. In the past the chefs have taken 2-10 minutes to come out. really depends on how busy they are

My laptop is on the fritz and I'm struggling with a substitute til the part arrives Monday. It's 4 years old and stopped charging. Daughter took it apart for me and ordered a new battery. The battery was all puffed up. I'm used to touchscreen, small and light and a backlit keyboard. I cant deal with this huge thing! The keyboard is too huge for my fingers that are used to not having to reach so far! Ugghhh! Hopefully that's the only thing wrong or I'll need a small MSR!

Wow! That was fast. Congratulations!

Could've done it last night but had 3 showings today and one scheduled quickly after it was listed Thursday so I wanted to let them happen today. Ended up with one of the offers that came in today that was stronger than the best from yesterday, so worth the wait. And in their shoes I'd hate to have had it happen before I could see it as I know many can only do the weekend.

The contractor did a great job and it really looks fresh with new floors throughout, new ceilings throughout because the old tiles were sagging, new paint and mostly new lights. Kitchen I'd done when I was there, so just needed new counter, sink and faucet. With the new vinyl siding, it really looks like a new house vs one from 1938 :) And the bright blue front door on the white siding is my new favorite thing, the front is in the shade most of the time so it really pops.

late replying playing catch up. I would talk to the chef bc it really depends on where they are getting things from and the chef can tell you what is safe and what isn't. cross contamination is a worry and to be safe I'd talk to the chef. In the past the chefs have taken 2-10 minutes to come out. really depends on how busy they are
Thanks! I was hoping to just mobile order but it seems like we better go in to be safe. Do you know if you can call and talk to a chef? I’m just worried going in and asking will take even longer because then they still have to make the food. It’ll be hard to keep ds entertained for too long.

My laptop is on the fritz and I'm struggling with a substitute til the part arrives Monday. It's 4 years old and stopped charging. Daughter took it apart for me and ordered a new battery. The battery was all puffed up. I'm used to touchscreen, small and light and a backlit keyboard. I cant deal with this huge thing! The keyboard is too huge for my fingers that are used to not having to reach so far! Ugghhh! Hopefully that's the only thing wrong or I'll need a small MSR!
My battery on my dell went in December and that was the beginning of an ordeal for me. DD and I replaced it ourselves (ordered battery from Amazon). One of the tiny screws was stripped. Finally got the back off and replaced the battery. New battery is so much better. But then something happened with the case (no clue how). That's when I decided to buy a new laptop and send the old one to Dell to fix. So now we have a spare which is nice since the county provides laptops for the kids but they generally turn them in at the end of the year. DD will need a new laptop for college so Dell will get another $1,500 or so of my money soon.

And I had another dell (a less expensive one my sister gave me that she didn't like) and the keyboard was atrocious. I love my xps keyboard.

I register it because it attaches a name and address to the card. I'd rather have it on the card than have an issue with it and it gets declined. Mismatch might not be an issue if it's not actually on the card, but I don't know how it works. It's a quick process and I've never had an issue using them online. With people having issues with them getting drained, I'd also rather have it registered than not. I often use them over the course of a month since I'll use a $100 to pay 2 chiro appts at $39 each that are 2 weeks apart and then dump the rest on amazon. But I buy 2 at a time at safeway when they have the $15 off, so one might also sit around until it gets used. May not add security but I can at least think it does :)
Ah ok, that makes sense! I might start doing that. Planning to get some more next week. We don’t have a Safeway near me so pretty much the only time I get them is when Staples has their promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter